Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Only 2mm of rain since last night, after light showers this morning it turned out a nice dry bright afternoon and only a few spits this evening.

Big totals predicted on all the charts this evening, anyone got a phone number for Noah?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

For us older heads, 1985, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010-ish, 2011 and 2012 made 2020 look like good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Not 2009 and 2010 here, those were far superior than 2020 in Dublin. I genuinely liked 2010 as I have described many a time and 2009 at least had an excellent June - heavily underrated - whilst July and August were poor/very poor. Though then again July had convective interest as well as volcanic sunsets and very good NLCs too. So I'm probably a *bit* biased to not considering July 2009 as poor as it would otherwise seem.

1985, 2007, 2008, 2012... no getting away from those being atrocities even here. 2011 is a weird one, not wet but often cool and fairly cloudy after a relatively sunny if changeable, showery June. Apart from 2015, our last genuine cool summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Warning has been extended, steadily the whole of Ireland could be in it at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 22 peckypiper

Bad enough thunderstorm here in se cavan lots of flashes and thunder with torrential rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Looks nasty enough around Virginia now.Very heavy rain also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Washout of a day, put the bbq away for the year. May as well bring down the Christmas decorations over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 peckypiper

Yeah house windows rattled with the close strikes worst thunderstorm had for long time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭appledrop

🤣🤣🤣🤣, now now Gant you will be told your too negative by some posters here, even if Noahs ark needs to be called in due to the floods.

By coincidence my son asked me this week how many days until Christmas😉

Lovely sunny morning here in NCD so far, although as expected there is a very strong breeze.

I wasn't expecting that, thought it would be lashing this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Weather absolutely miserable here in Mid Kerry, I had 55.6mm of rain at my station yesterday, so far today i have had 1.4mm but looks like we will get plenty of showers throughout the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

The hay meadow at the back of our house was knocked down by the rain overnight and I expect much the same in the other fields with no window for cutting it in sight.

Wow 55mm of rain in one day unbelievable.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Clear and sunny....and windy....in Greystones too.

Today should not be too bad along the east/south east coast although it will be windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Clear run of the day , brightening up from behind me looking back towards Dublin from start of my run this morning. Breezy here. Meath. Heavy rain woke me during the night so that's the flowers sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭OldRio

At one stage last night the rain was that heavy it woke us up. Torrential. It's still raining as I type.

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

16mm of rain from 12am to about 6.30am here in meath, wasnt a drop yesterday until then, very breezy this morning but sunny and dry

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hairypoppins

An autumnal feel to the morning here in South West Dublin, pretty crap really for high summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Absolutely. I wouldn't rate 2020 in the worst 7 or 8 summers I've seen... and I'm not that old!

Dublin: Breezy and fine

EIDW 250830Z 21013G23KT 120V250 9999 FEW024 SCT220 13/07 Q0997

Knock: Very windy ,Wet ,Low Cloud Low vis

EIKN 250830Z 19020G34KT 150V220 3000 SHRA OVC005 09/09 Q0989 TEMPO 6000 BKN007

• Advertisement

Down to single digits with Knock Airport just 9 degrees at 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭OldRio

Nothing to see here. No Negativity. Normal summer some say.

9 degrees. Rain followed by heavier rain. Very windy. Fields flooding.

All is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Bloody wind again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Some reprieve from the near-drought conditions across the South Midlands and South East regions, though the wind is up today and will dry alot of it off too.

No Reprieve here near Arklow

Pop corn showers around but 5 min wonders this morning and none hit this farm

They are growing though, so I expect the thunder thread to come alive later

I picked a bad week to leave Dublin. Very rainy dish here, north Waterford.

Thunder woke me up in the middle of the night. Raining and windy Donegal. Feels like autumn.

Debbie Parker captured the exact moment lightning hit a tree in Moorefield, Hardy County, West Virginia on June 23, 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

Massive culture shock arriving into Kerry airport yesterday from the wonderful weather of southern Spain. The fact that it was Kerry airport, the nicest little airport anywhere imo, where the staff are so friendly and efficient, helped to compensate for the atrocious weather we returned to. Had to take off my brand new sandals and walk off the plane barefoot as they'd have been ruined. Now I'm away again in a few weeks so can't really complain, but it still is awful to have to endure this weather in the meantime. I had so many plans for garden work and nice walks to work off the holiday excess as well as lots of outside jobs, but at the moment all has to be abandoned. Bad Irish summers are nothing but an endurance, especially here in the southwest 😩

• Advertisement

We are getting away with murder here in Dublin compared to the rest of the country.

Now it is extremely windy but we have kept that sunshine for most of the day.

Advertisement