Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on the roof

Options
  • 24-06-2022 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

We are getting some rennovations done on the garage, including a new roof. We noticed last week there was a sag along the ridge line. The builder assured us this was normal and he would wait until the ridge caps were up before jacking the roof and straightening the whole thing. I got home from work today and to me it looks like the caps are straight but the sag is still there. Looks like the ridge caps were just packed with mortar to raise them up in the centre. The builder told me it is absolutely perfect and structurally sound etc. My concern is could the roof be compromised? Is the slight sag a major concern or at this stage is it just unslightly to the trained eye? Appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement