Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeebRock II - Music Shows on BBC Four, Sky Arts and everywhere else

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,536 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

OK it’s official, IDLES rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

This is an awful dull headliner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

Dig out Inhaler on the John Peel stage earlier, they did a good set.

Billie Eyelash😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Poor choice of main stage and coverage combined tonight.

Sam Fender is great sure, but needs more material for a late slot. Billie Eilish is a cod, a pander to the young crowd.

You have Liam, Eagles, Green Day, RHCP and GnR here over tonight and the next week, any of them would have been a proper headline to announce the return of the festival.

Return to proper order tomorrow with Haim, Noel and McCartney. Sunday is septic bar Pet Shop Boys too mind.

Have a lot of artists ditched this offer in favour of a fuller tour schedule on the western Europe circuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mollser

She's got some label machine going on behind her. But this headline act from Billie, and I wish her all the best, it's brutal. Better than kanye I'll give her that, but my gosh it's awful. Our poor kids! I look at longitude line up and am so sad for them all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I see Steve Davis will be making some breaks again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

When I reflect upon my life I will look back on the moment when I researched v..n then turned off Eyelash O'Connell and turned on FOALS as one of the better decisions of my lifetime.

Reckon us boardsies are too old to see her appeal as she obviously has one. From the 15 mins I endured crowd that were there were loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dasdog

Enjoying Primal Scream - decent rock psychedelic set so far without having to revert to Screamadellica though I expect that will be coming soon.

Mindfulness on the main stage fcuk me. I've tried several times to find the foals but that must be online? Certainly not normal tele!

BBC have these stages online. So cross check with who is on at https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2022/ - Foals on Other Stage at the moment.

V*N and a UK postcode of choice required to sign up.

• Advertisement

I think that's fine with online and all, but the mainstream are watching the tele. And Billie God love her and whatever that awful sh1te on bbc3 is, it's not reflecting well on anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I thought she was good, but the vocal effects do make it far harder to fully enjoy it...from the comfort of the sitting room anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

That was a tough watch....echoes of Kanye from a few years ago.

The sound came across brutal on TV, I'm assuming it was better there...she has a huge following by the looks of it but not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya I don’t particularly mind Billie Eilish but there’s something creepy about everyone there watching a tiny 20 year old moping around the stage

Dunno how they ended up with her as a headliner in fairness

Really didn’t impress me at all

MACCADAY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^

sure he has the ol' zimmer frame at the ready and the defibrillator on standby 😉

good luck to him, probably his last hooray?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I wonder who he might have on stage with him. Certainly be worth a watch, with NG on beforehand, in a weekend of slim pickins

Today is the weakest of the three for sure. Black Midi playing during the day here whereas 5:00am would suit better. Still great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,896 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I was getting frustrated with the first half of their set, I have quite a few of their albums and I still didn't recognise some of the songs. It's Glasto lads, play the feckin' hits! At least they got it together towards the end, even if the backing singers were turned up to 11.

Elsewhere, Crowded House were surprisingly great. I did like them back in the day but hadn't listened to them in years, but Neil Finn was in great form (plus he sounds identical to Murray from Flight of the Conchords) and he had both his sons in the band and towards the end his grandson dancing on stage as well - lovely stuff.

Sam Fender was decent, obviously had a lot of fans in the crowd which created a good atmosphere. I don't know his stuff but he reminded me a bit of the Maccabees - straightforward indie rock but done with real heart.

Once the live stuff was over I watched Fela Kuti from Glasto 84 on the iPlayer - highly recommended. He had about 100 people onstage with him, so slightly less than at an Arcade Fire gig 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 34,710 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Watched that Fela Kuti video a few months back, amazing stuff.

Crowded House were great. One or two people here missed it, I have a link to download it if they want to PM me...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

You know that would be a great way for him to come on stage - with a Zimmer frame and then when he reaches centre stage 'fling' it away and grab a guitar and start rockin! a great retort to the naysayers who say he's too old🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Crowded House, a band that always take the weather with them 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭trashcan

Kurt Cobain did something similar at Reading back in the day. Came on in a wheel chair as I recall.

Great set from Foals.

Dunno if any of you saw Yves Tumor earlier - I'd never hear of them but musical chaos and wtf am I looking at. Prince would have very much approved as did the crowd.

Olivia Rodrigro was sensational, never heard of her but she gives me hope! Great tunes, had the place rocking fair play to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Imagine if Prince headlined Glastonbury. I watched a bit of it last night, saw Robert Plant and Alisson Krauss, they were great. Then I saw that Sam Fender guy and it was some the blandest music I've heard in a while, like a tamer killers if that's possible. They then showed a song from TLC which wasn't bad. Didn't stay up for Billie Eilish as I am an hour ahead and I had work this morning but looking at what people are saying on here it looks like I didn't miss much. Heading to a festival myself for a day in two weeks time, Muse and Incubus are headlining, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Haim - a very enjoyable show as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

If you don't like Haim, you don't like life, unreal they are.

Worlds apart from that nonsense last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Haim and this Leon Bridges guy are very good

Advertisement