Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Would love to see them on the bench at least it might indicate minor injuries but if no sign things might look bleak if they have hammer injuries .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

Seems O'Callaghan and McCarthy are out, if it's hamstring as suggested that's really worrying. O'Callaghan has transformed Dublin since his return.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,976 ✭✭✭Xander10

James McCarthy and Con O'Callaghan confirmed as injured

Dublin bench looks really weak!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Brutal crowd in for this.

• Advertisement

You can already see the impact of O'Callaghan's absence, Dublin a bit slow though Cork alot of players back. Two bad wides there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭JRant

This is like the league all over again. Playing stupid keep ball in the opposition wide corner positions. Daft stuff bit that's what we get with Dessie on the line.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Brutal game. Dublin well off it today, not sure if it's the 4 week lay off, Costello having one of his off days, PSmall not really contributing.., Cork well in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

What was Cooper’s yellow for?

Tracking back and not letting the attacker run straight through him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Off the ball tussle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,893 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Probably for trying to keep a hold on Hurley.

Edit.... and then pulling back a Cork player a minute later, just saw a replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

Very rusty so far. Like they've forgotten how to play again. It can't be all down to missing Con either. Just slow ponderous muck with very little end product. Defense is all at sea again today and against a better team we'd be in trouble.

Very poor quality overall agree seem to be back playing like in the league see what happens second half really miss Con would make a difference .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,976 ✭✭✭Xander10

very sluggish FH from the Dubs. Hopefully they can up the tempo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Very very professional second half so far

Much better second half so far. It's worrying just how ineffective Kilkenny has been. He's barely getting on the ball today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Dublin are really going to have to put in a team shift (assuming Kerry win) to protect their full back line next day. I'd put on money on EOD starting and Murchan pushing up the pitch. No way Murchan holds his own against any of the Kerry inside forwards.

The lads look physically well prepared at least. Tactics and application? We'll have to see.

Got through comfortable enough but average performance overall and really missed the two lads .We will wait see what happens tomorrow but a big improvement required from us next day .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It felt we were playing within ourselves the whole day. We were always winning that game. Why show our hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Comfortable win for the ladies too.. Dublin 2-14 Mayo 1-7…. Late goal for Mayo putting a glint of semi respectability on the score..

annoying watching yet another referee allowing rugby tactics with Mayo dragging out of Dublin constantly in the last 6 or 7 minutes when they got tired…

• Registered Users Posts: 18,781 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It went as predicted not in a good way. No Con- no pace no spark. Over reliance on Rocks frees. I thought Cork kicked their chances away. Missed frees at crucial times. Amazed Cork didn’t lamp ball into Hurley more.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Upped the intensity big time in the second half. Tackling was excellent as well. Really strangled the Cork attack in that half. Cooper rolled back the years and played brilliantly. Howard was also excellent and covered a lot of runners and attacks.

Missed Con to inject some spark in attack, which I think Kilkenny was trying to do but his natural instinct is to be a bit further out to the sidelines than Con. Scully had a fine game and as much as I've criticized him lately, Rock had his best game in a while. Costello was MIA and Small got some serious treatment throughout the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,781 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Did Rock get any from play? Gannon impressed me again, he will be around for years.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I don't think he got one from play but his general play was much improved and he scored some really tough frees to keep the scoreboard ticking nicely.

If the two did their hammer it's hard to see them fit for a big game in two weeks time .Without them I doubt we would beat either team playing tomorrow .I see on another forum that said James mc Carty was walking up the touchline before the match is this true I wonder ? .

They were talking on the Sky panel after the game and it would appear both will be available for the semi. Take that with a huge pinch of salt.

Fair enough but was told Jimmy mentioned we rested players on sky so you are correct take it with a huge pinch of salt . We certainly didn't 'rest' players though I am sure about that .

• Advertisement

I think they may have had slight niggles and rather than risk them decided to let them sit this one out. We'd more than enough to dispatch Cork with the team sheet for today so why risk it?

Well, that's me with my positivity/stupidly optimistic hat on anyway.

Advertisement