Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

What a goal. Made that out of nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

If O Hora has or had concussion why is he on the bench?

Need to get those kickouts sorted for the second half.

Maheady has been very poor, I would be making a change there at HT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Deane bringing in 2 lads who are all able to score now.

Niall Hurley is some player, there’s a few on that team who are great prospects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Superb win, very controlled performance in the second half to see it out. Apart from the Kerry goal chance which was brilliantly saved, we never really looked like giving them a way back into it.

Great win but they made some meal of it.

4 or 5 real gems in that team, if not more.

Made hard work of it in the second half - lots of wides but that was a fairly stiff wind. Good win all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Great win although you could see the nerves coming through at times, understandable when they're so young

Darren McHale is a big miss for tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭maximus15

great win. nervy stuff at the end. nice to see mayo galway all ireland final. Has that happened at any level before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

we tried our best to let Kerry back into it, some very poor wides in the last 10 minutes, when they should have been out of sight, was impressed with the Galway minors, excellent tackling and some good scores too, we will be up against it in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Great to see a Mayo team playing like that...let's hope a few of them can push on through to the senior team over the next few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Why oh why is minor game on a Saturday before a bloody semi final . And prob at 12 o clock

Disgrace thats it’s not the curtain raiser for senior

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Vish81

Well done minors.

Not their most polished performance this year, but easily kept them at arms length and have a few extra gears in them to put Galway to the sword in the final.

Watched the 1st half of the ladies game, making some bad mistakes. 3 down and against the breeze in the 2nd half, hard to see us getting a result tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

First ever all Connacht final in the All Ireland final. Was all Munster and all Leinster AI finals before 2003 and 2015.

Looks like this final won't be played in Croke Park, so sensible choice is to have two Connacht teams play the final in Connacht, Dr Hyde Park perhaps?

Yeah, has to be in the Hyde I'd say. Would be a sickener to lose it after beating them twice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

With respect. If you cannot understand how a lad could get a concussion through no fault of anyone (if indeed he has) in the run up to a game then I suspect you have very little idea of what goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭HBC08

The Minor Final is fixed for Croke Park on July 9th before the Tailteann Cup final and one of the senior semis.

Why do you say it looks like it won't be played in Croke Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭boosabum

Think it's minor final before one semi final and tailtean cup before other semi final

Couldn't be sure but it's on Hoganstand Fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Senior semi final and Tailteann cup final are set for Croke park July 9th. Minor final is TBC and has been talk about not wanting to have U17s play in Croke Park.

I read that as July 9th in Croke Park with time TBC,I could be wrong though

Just to be clear I'd love to see this in a provincial ground,remember Ennis 2016? Great occasion. It would be a big draw and you'd have over 5k Mayo supporters at it.

I'd like to see it in Hyde,Ennis or Sligo

Post edited by HBC08 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Has there even been so much doom and gloom before a quarter final game in recent memory? Not that it isn't warranted, I think we're in trouble alright tomorrow.

The injuries have caught up to us with key players missing and others like Cillian and Paddy not flying like they usually are. Jordan Flynn is only back playing a few weeks.

We also have players out of form, the likes of Coen and Ruane. Then there's players like Carr and Loftus that have been inconsistent to say the least.

That's the players, management is another cause for concern. In fairness to Horan, he's been dealt a bad hand here, it's not like he's out injurying the players himself but there are questions to be asked of him come tomorrow. He needs to gamble with something, if he sets us up like he did against Kildare then Kerry could very well take us to the cleaners. Time will tell but a win tomorrow would be up there with our best days out in the last 10+years and that's saying something about the task in front of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The locals here in Kerry are a bit worried.

One man this evening said to me if I asked him Thursday he would have said Kerry would definitely win, but now he is not too sure.

Another was very cautiously optimistic, he was exuberant a few weeks ago when the draw was made.

If Mayo were to pull it off it would certainly be up there as one of the biggest wins, but unfortunately I can't see it.

I'm not sure if it's going to be a full on hammering or one of these "3 point" hammerings where the scoreline might be close but the game never in doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Surprised there's not much talk about the Kerry losses of Jack Barry and Adrian Spillane. Huge losses for Kerry around the middle 3rd, and welcome for Mayo considering their own losses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Jack and Adrian injured, along with an injury prone player and a young, inexperienced player as replacements, in an all Ireland quarter final is a bit worrying.

Moran is past it and could cost us the game if he stays on beyond 50mins. I thought the -4 the Bookies had would sail in during the week but after seeing the teams named, it will be close and could genuinely go either way tomorrow.

Safe journey to everyone travelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Doom and gloom probably 2011 prior to Quarter final against Defending All-Ireland champions Cork.

2010 Mayo had lost to Sligo, Longford. Won Connacht the following year but was far from convincing against London (needed extra time to overcome them) Galway (looked liked nobody could score a free kick) and against what was a Div 4 Roscommon team in the final in game played in terrible weather and could easily have lost.

The win against Cork started the ball rolling with the consistent competitive team. Would be a surprise if Mayo are not at least competitive against Kerry in this quarter final.

That's a poor comparison to make , one thats in all honesty fabricated and built on fresh air.

In 2011 that Mayo team was at the beginning its journey to becoming a consistent top tier team, while that Cork team was at the end of their cycle and vanished after that defeat.

Today we are up against a hungry and extremely talented Kerry team under proven management now , while we are going into this game with an abnormal amount of injuries, and a manger that is under scrutiny by both media and informed Mayo supporters.

It night & day.

Answered Bunny Colvin question when there was as much doom and gloom before quarter final in recent memory.

Not a comparison just a factual account when there was doom and gloom for this stage of the competition and as i already pointed out that win over Cork started the ball rolling for Mayo.

Factual,,😂

Your talking gibberish. .there was no gloom back then , as it was a fresh start under a new manager, so people were generally curious and excited as to where he was going to take us..

Maybe they didn't expect us to beat cork as he was just starting out as manager and were happy to give him time.. but doom is way over the top...

New managers usually get a few sceptics , thats about the height of it.

Bunny colvin sense of doom is highly likely to stem from the" fact" that we are into his 2nd term as manager, and we have seen little to suggest he is willing to correct his old failings and many fans are starting to lose faith in horans methods.

Post edited by Vish81 on

Yes factual and the small Mayo following that turned out to Croke Park for that 2011 quarter final backs up the point of doom and gloom there was at the time.

Now if gibberish is your thing well continue to follow Tim on twitter he's sure to keep you entertained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭spakman

Vish81 is Viper from mayogaablog and a pain in the hole on both forums

Sandwiches made and ready to hit the road from Limerick with a very excited 9 year who should probably be more focused on the hurling team 😂

Travelling in hope more than expectation tbh....this team has given us some great days out so hoping today will be another one.

Stay safe folks

Update: bad start to the journey...the tyre pressure warning light came on when I hit the motorway...went as far as Birdhill and have a bad looking puncture..no spare so waiting now on Breakdown assist and hoping it's a quick fix. Have a repair kit myself but don't want to go fluting around with it and get stuck further up the road somewhere 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Post edited by Cartman78 on

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Disaster. I know a very good mobile mechanic in Limerick if it's any use to you

There is a small bit of fear that we might not get going, but I think there's an equal amount of fear in Kerry that we might actually turn up.

Could be a cracker, I'm not going into it with doom and gloom anyway.

Huge game for Horan, Coen, Ruane, O'Shea, Loftus...they all need to stand up and deliver after a poor end of league/Championship. Huge chance for Carr and Carney to announce themselves when it really matters.

If they do, then maybe... But it's a large chunk of the team that needs to up their game.

Looking forward to the Armagh game as well.

I think you're out of the county for too long Cartman... I don't know any mayoman who would have paid any heed to that tyre pressure warning! Drive on, no plan B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭rogerywalters

Anyone here think 7/2 is good value?

After ROD confirmation its a bit short imo..

9/2,- 5/1 would be a fairer reflection.

Not really tbh although I'll probably throw a sneaky fiver on anyway. I find it very hard to make a case for us winning

Finally made it up to the big schmoke...head absolutely fried at this stage and gonna miss a chunk of the first game 😡

Completely sold out, should be some atmosphere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

One of the most inane and ridiculous posts I've ever read on this forum. Ever. I think it shows you don't really know what you are talking about, or else there is something actually wrong with you.

Personally I think you are just a WUM.

Unfortunately a lot of those Armagh fans will be well up the road by the Mayo Kerry 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

Some game this between Galway and Armagh. Few unsavoury scenes at the end but well set up for extra time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Kickoff resceduled for 4.45. Would always have struggled to make 4 p.m. with extra time, even without all the nonsense at the end of normal time. GAA will have to rethink this for future games...

Advertisement