Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Birr

Options
  • 25-06-2022 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just wondering anyone have anything to say re living in Birr? Is it a nice place to live? Safe? Good for kids?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Ginger83

My OH and I lived there back in 03/04 and liked it very much. We were renting and almost bought only the job didn't last.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Don't forget it's in Offaly....just sayin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Ginger83

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Try the Offaly forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I don't live there but know people who do.

It's a nice town with a strong sense of community.

Lovely part of the country within easy reach of the River Shannon and the Slieve Bloom Mountains if you are into outdoor pursuits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭RINO87

As midlands tows go, it's genuinely one of the better ones. Lots of festivals in the summer, very active tidy towns etc, lots of sports clubs and activities

Only the one secondary school, but its a good one.

The entire country is within easy reach as you are right in the centre of the country.

I grew up there, and loved every minute of it, so I may be biased, but fire away with questions, or PM if you like. I still visit quite regularly as we settled relatively close by, but I needed to be closer to the M8 for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭CiaranMcDCFC

I moved out of Dublin in 2018 and settled in very quickly. Lovely town with lots going on by way of festivals etc. throughout the year. Would highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭grizzcol2

I'd echo CiaranMcDCFC comment above - i'm from there originally ..moved away 30 yrs ago and moved back last Summer - haven't regretted it all - my little one (now 9) has settled in and loves it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

It is a very cold town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Grand as long as you drive!

• Advertisement
Advertisement