Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I know, every flipping town!. I mean they are side by side in town at times, how on earth does it work?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch....watching Glastonbury....I will get there before my time on this earth passes......we are thinking of bringing the 3 chick's to the forest festival in July, just the Saturday but go up there for the day......they'll love it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The epic downpours people mentioned yesterday have arrived here.. Better get the wet gear together, snorkel or no?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭thomil

Not sure how it is in your neck of the woods, but here in Cork city, many seem to be using coffee shops as their living room, doing school work there, meeting friends, reading, writing blog posts (😉) or doing similar stuff. Given how many people are living in shared flats or houses these days, it kind of makes sense. Besides, down here at least, you'd have a lot of people from countries where meeting up at a café is just a normal fact of life.

Laptopside here after a bit of a bird scare earlier. Came home from shopping to find either a siskin or a goldfinch on the ground in front of the entrance to my apartment complex. Probably flew into a glass door. Clearly dazed but no visible injuries so I left him alone to sort himself out, but prepared a cardboard box with some towels, a few seeds and some water just in case. He was gone when I checked back on him an hour or so later, so I think he must have recovered. No feathers or blood, so he likely didn't end up as dinner for one of the local felines.

Pretty miserable weather here by the way, though it overpromised and underdelivered on the rain side of things. More than made up for it with the wind though.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,922 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Festival going on here all weekend, open air live music every night. Tonight it's Aslan, can hear it here and I don't live THAT near to it !

• Advertisement

Be happy i'm listening to the rain here so!!

Get out the snorkel Grem. Can never be too careful nowadays 😆

Should have brought the shower gel too!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It's kind of very depressing that it's June and we're comparing where is getting the most rainfall 🙃

At least @smurfjed is in exotic rain and @Mam of 4 is getting a free festival.

🖕 off summer rain.

To thine own self be true

I'll think of the lush verdant meadows to come 🤣

• Advertisement

The bees will be delighted in the long run. 😆

Be a grand country if you could put a roof over it 🤣

We wouldn't change it for the world really though. 😊

Ah sure 800 years toora-loora ye-hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Rain has landed here and I have a sick doggy 😢 Yes I am out in the lashing of rain while poor Alfie is getting sick and going to the toilet

Poor Alfie and Auto not the morning for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Just back now and have him dried off, he’s feeling sorry for himself now and I’m going back to bed 🛌

Hope the hangover improves Alfie 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Some welcome rain overnight so plants are happy. Will don some rain gear and go for a walk along the canal to check on swans and four cygnets who have survived so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Oh no the poor mite.

Fair play to you, I would not be the happiest camper up and out at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

My food journey continues

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Purple Mountain ”Why would one be hovering on the toilet seat like so? 🤔”, some cultures have squat toilets, basically a hole in the ground, so they don’t actually sit on a toilet seat, so when they end up somewhere with a toilet seat, they stand on them and squat.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Elyvande

Morning one and all. I hope Alfie is well on the mend @Autosport. In catch up mode doing laundry, cleaning, sorting through paperwork/bills. I am off to Kerry next Saturday for my holidays. I am so excited to have some down time. Mr E heading off to Kerry/Mayo match later. Looking forward to having a bit of quiet time.

Have a good one, one and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,096 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting watching Friends, as there's nothing but cookery programmes on telly on a Sunday. Maybe I'll go back to bed 😡

Up and showered here but trying to decide what to do, cant decide where to start with housework so might put it off til during the week ☺️.

Re. all the coffee places that have opened up everywhere, I would hate to know what I've spent on coffees since Covid started and I'm still at it, it's crazy and very expensive, they really know how to charge.

Dull,windy day here with showers,its like the middle of winter, yesterday was a washout, work again tomorrow, is it any wonder people are peed off.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In my home office, looking out at the sunshine in Dublin 7 whilst I toil away on a detailed research project proposal that has a deadline for tomorrow lunchtime.

Been a very mixed weekend weather-wise - sun and many heavy showers. Missed the Dublin Pride parade yesterday as I was working on this infernal proposal - but being a recovering alcoholic 3.5 years sober, going to the Pride after-parties that I’d been invited to would be very risky.

Back in 2016 and fresh out of rehab, I badly relapsed at Pride when someone got a round of drinks in and my Erdinger was a real one and not the non-alcoholic one I’d asked for and had been imbibling beforehand. It was an honest mistake on their part - but I paid dearly for it.

Needless to say I tend to avoid non-alcoholic beers these days as the risk of relapse is just not worth it. That is why I also never ever “thank” posts either here or on Facebook that involve alcohol or people drinking. And people do seem to love posting up about their latest beers, cocktails, wines etc.

Okay, now enough of the dossing on my iPad....back to work!! 😬😑☺️

Post edited by JupiterKid on

Deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Watched 'some like it hot' and then spent hours researching marilyn monroe, what a successful but very sad life she had

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Sitting watching the Fontaines DC rocking it out on The Other Stage at Glastonbury.

Feel sorry for the guitarist Conor Curley though. I mean how is he going to choose between chatting to me in Zagreb on Monday and playing Glasto for his favourite moment of the week? Poor bugger. 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

In my pyjamas feeling very sorry for myself. Tooth abcess finally diagnosed yesterday having been cooking about 4 days before I could get to a dentist by which stage the infection is well and truly set in. Half bonkers from lack of sleep and stomach in bits from the diet of painkillers I've been chugging and now some heavy duty antibiotics to ad to the mix. Had to get onto the after hours Doctors at 7.30 this morning as the pain was still out of hand. Lovely doc who advised he couldn't put me on stronger antibiotics as I'm on the ultimate dose and combo for this but did send a script through for solpadol to the out if hours chemist. 'You've a rough 24hours ahead of you', he said. At least he was honest.

Still, Up The Kingdom!

Good luck with the proposal, Kid.

Advertisement