Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Trying to sneak the Green vote onto the percentage and post, 'government parties' in response to a post that explicitly stated that SF are outpolling FG and FF combined is a disingenuous bait and switch, Marine.

While the poster was 1% off with their quoted polling for SF, their initial post was entirely correct; SF are currently outpolling FF and FG combined. That is concerning, and I don't think the transparent 'look over here' act is going to fix it.

I'll be curious to see the actual substance of the Sindo article rather than making assumptions based on a fairly clickbait type tweet aimed at selling newspapers. I don't buy the, "Independent is a FG/FF led anti shinner mouthpiece" conspiracy nonsense that is parroted any time there's any sort of Shinner criticism published by them, but ultimately Hugh's job is to sell newspapers so those sort of tweets that are big on implication and low on substance are par for the course with him.....gets people interested in buying the paper to see what he's implying!

It has mostly been the case that SF have not passed the percentage in opinion polls given to parties that shinners describe as a hated government

Bait and switch how are ya especially when you know my opinion on SF in government

The return to default Pro Sinn Féin vibes in your posts vs some neutrality is disappointing

At least I'm here to critique Sinn Féin

If they come up with policies I like,it'll be praise but unfortunately it's mostly promiserama that they tell some eg builders to ignore in private

What's my take on that ? I'm not an eejit,I can do the maths and see through that

It worked for Syrizza, it got them in

Who governs Greece now ?

Is this the same sonya egan referenced in that article?

(Hoping to catch few screenshots of article later)

A deeply troubled woman,if so

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40876412.html

Regarding the Sindo article

Thats more intriguing than attacking

Its about the woman who harassed the former Sinn Féin T.D in Cork

She also harassed a non SF member who complained to MLM (because the harasser was a SF member) and was contacted by SF's disciplinary committee

The problem is a copy of the complaint was sent to the SF member who plastered it all over Facebook and continued to harass the victim

A GDPR issue probably but also a poor complaints system

Other than that a padded non story

Its on page 6....

Your post is all over the place, but I get the gist.

First and foremost, I'd like you to point out ANYTHING pro-SF in that post, let alone previous pro-SF posting that I've 'returned' to form with? I always feel reaffirmed that I'm treading a reasonably unbiased line when I have one side insisting I'm a Shinner and the other calling me a government shill 🤣

Is pointing out that you've told a blatant and provable lie somehow Pro-SF?

You say you're not an eejit and you can do the maths? That would suggest that you were being intentionally deceptive by replying to the post correctly stating SF were outpolling FF and FG combined with a response quoting polling figures for FF, FG AND Greens combined.

You're a perfect example of the, 'with us or against us' mentality I posted about in this thread several months back. To you, pointing out that you're unequivocally wrong is somehow seen as defending SF rather than pointing out your bullsh*t because you can't possibly contemplate that someone could be opposed to SF in government while also being opposed to people just making sh*t up as long as it is anti-Shinner.

Yes, you're certainly here to criticise SF.....who cares about silly things like truth and accuracy so long as your modus operandi is fulfilled.

My position, as always remains that sh*tehawkery like yours, which is provably wrong undermines legitimate criticism of SF by diluting the signal to noise ratio and allowing the legitimate criticism to get swept away with your easily dismissed point.

SF are economically incompetent and ridiculously populist. Their promises to be all things to all people will inevitably fall apart if and when they're in government. These are legitimate concerns buried as a throwaway comment in your ranting and accusing another poster of being wrong when you pull a transparent bait-and-switch on the numbers. You'll notice that the discussion has since been focused on the bit that you got entirely wrong, rather than the economic incompetence and populism?

• Advertisement

You are calling me a liar because you've spun my post about government parties hated by SF as bait and switch ?

Thank you,I've had a good laugh here at that

You don't identify a lie by interpreting a post the way you want to

I won't comment further on what vibes I get from your posts politically because I still get them

Governments don't have the luxury of promiserama

Because they can be asked legitimately why they're not implemented

SF on the other hand,they've turned into Syrizza on steroids

Did you not respond to a post stating sf were outpolling ff and fg combined....by providing figures saying government were outpolling em,ignoring the fact yous needed greens to make up the ground

Rambling on about syriza isnt going to paper over what yous been upto here.....it deosnt even rise to level of whataboutery anymore

You can comment however you want on what vibes you get from my posts, Marine. Much like your post that started this engagement, your, 'vibes' are demonstrably wrong (which is why when asked for evidence, you hand waved it off rather than providing any)

Just to keep everything clear, let's set out the timeline for everyone to see and you can explain how you weren't pulling a bait-and-switch.

1) Poster states that SF are outpolling FF and FG. Note there was no reference to the Green Party in this post.

2) You directly quoted this poster and said that they were WRONG (well you actually went with the made up word disprovement), and that the government parties were polling at 37% and SF were polling at 36%.

3) I pointed out that the original poster was in fact correct, and their post had only referenced FF and FG (who are polling at a combined 33%, which is in fact LOWER than 36%!). You were entirely incorrect with your, 'disprovement'. Whether mistakenly or (given your later post claiming you can do the maths, more likely) intentionally, you responded to a post referencing FF/FG numbers and decided to substitute in the FF/FG/Greens numbers. As FF/FG is not the same as FF/FG/Greens, this was your bait-and-switch.

4) In response to my (entirely factual) pointing this out, you've decided that my post is somehow pro-SF and now you're throwing the toys out of the pram.

The original poster is STILL entirely correct, SF ARE currently outpolling FF and FG combined. I'm calling you a liar because you're trying to pretend that you didn't willfully replace the FF/FG numbers with FF/FG/Greens numbers and then have the absolute audacity to say the other poster had suffered from your, 'disprovement'.

So can you point out anything that is inaccurate about my timeline above, or indeed anything that is pro-SF in my posts, or are you just going to continue with the, 'poor me' card when your BS is pointed out?

I can point out (again) that in your 'timeline' above,you are spinning my post the way you want to

I posted a fact not a lie

You've used your spin to call me a liar...which...wait for it... is disingenuous

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭major interest

There is no way for someone at 18 on 136k to be on less than 10% tax rate in Ireland. So would be interested to see the “quick calculation” you have done to come up with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

You said that the other poster was wrong when they said SF were outpolling FF and FG combined. This was a lie. SF ARE outpolling FF and FG combined. Fact.

You tried to defend this lie by substituting in figures for FF, FG AND the Greens. This was dishonest.

No spin from me needed. Still waiting for an explanation of how this is disingenuous on my part, what exactly in my presented timeline is, 'spin' or ANY evidence of how my posts are pro-SF.

....you know, the posts where I described them as follows;

SF are economically incompetent and ridiculously populist. Their promises to be all things to all people will inevitably fall apart if and when they're in government

Get up the yard

Here is my post exactly

Care to correct your disingenuousness and apologise for calling me a liar ?

THAT'D BE A DISPROVEMENT, right there in your own post.

I love it when people think they're making a point and post evidence showing that they're wrong.

You've literally just posted a photo of you claiming that you had DISPROVED the poster's claim that SF were outpolling FF and FG by posting figures that include FF, FG and Greens. Your post DOES NOT disprove that SF are outpolling FF and FG (they are), because the Greens are not FF, nor are they FG. Precisely the point I have been making.

You're a spoofer, Marine. It's there for everyone to see. No point in taking this further, as they say denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That was a enjoyable romp.

Lol keep digging

Where is the lie ? I didn't even say who disimproved for starters,you saw fit to spin that one

I just stated a fact and added in later posts that with a 'hated' government in their view Shinners half way through its term aren't out polling it

The latter opinions of course expressed later

You've spent several posts saying that I said they weren't out polling FF and FG combined

I never said that

You are being disingenuous

And you wonder why I get the vibes I get about these posts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

Problem you have is the poster, and post you quoted didn't mention the coalition govt, they specifically mentioned FF/FG.

Hold your hands up and admit you got it wrong, either intentionally or unintentionally, either way still wrong.

Thats not a problem

I hope pointing out another fact in reply to a post bigging up a parties position isn't somehow dis allowed

My views on SF's playbook have been expressed numerous times in this thread

I do expect their progress to continue as they can promise what governments cannot

But I'm expecting a big fall for those deeply invested in them after the joy of the 1st 100 days of a potential government go by

The last hour or two is step back territory for everyone

I'm not replying anymore unless I think I'm mis represented or something

So what were you referencing when you said, 'disprovement' in reply to the post that said SF were outpolling FF and FG?

The core points of this post, I entirely agree with. Perhaps I'm mistaken and you weren't intentionally being misleading but rather you misread the original post you were claiming to disprove and now you're too embarrassed to admit that, as your attempts to defend it have gone too far.

If that is the case, I'd be happy to put all aside as a misunderstanding and apologise for attributing your post to dishonesty.... but continuing to pretend that there was nothing wrong with your original post where you're claiming to have disproved something (but now you're rowing back and claiming it was something else you disproved, but for some reason you aren't saying what you disproved and didn't quote the post you were claiming to disprove, but instead quoted an entirely accurate post)....well then you'd just be continuing to dig yourself a hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Apologies to the SF voters in here, I come in peace.

What would change mean? Its a word used by SF supporter's about, and by those who will vote for them.

What are the three achievable things they have said they will change??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

People taking screenshots of each other posts now... I am thinking a few posters could do with taking the weekend off every now and again.

Dan.

@Marine Layer I see I've been misreading your made-up word, 'disapprovement' as, 'disprovement', which does somewhat change how I'd interpret your intentions.

I still think it is a bit shifty and has strawman tendencies to respond to a post regarding the polling rating of two parties and non-sequitur in an additional party, but I will withdraw my accusation that you were intentionally outright lying.

The danger of making up our own words laid bare.

I'd have preferred if you asked that at the start instead of the tooing and fro-ing

Its definitely a disimprovement for the government parties but as always its a disimprovement for SF vs some of the other polling companies which I think put them ahead of government parties

Thats what was in my head

Hehe... even in posting the screenshot,I did not notice that I had typed disapprovement instead of disimprovement

As regards the point I posted,I did not disagree in it with what the other poster posted,I just added a data point and opinion

Jaysis.. at the last few pages so!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I see this got lost amid the silly oneupmanship over the figures in an opinion poll and the difference between FF/FG and FF/FG/Greens. Totally pointless on both sides, that discussion was.

However, this is more interesting, even if only marginally so. Sinn Fein do seem to have a problem with GDPR. Their online database that was accessible to all members and contained details of voters was one example and this seems to be another. One to watch.

But the biggest SF news of the weekend was this:

This will be very interesting. It also reminds me that in the Mary-Lou/RTE thread, all the Sinn Fein acolytes were telling us that Mary-Lou was the victim and should be believed. I assume that they apply the same logic to this case, and we should all now believe what these plaintiffs say about Gerry Adams.

Or will it be the usual one rule for Sinn Fein, another rule for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

SF looking more like the Roman Catholic Church by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Interesting analysis on here SF, they are one of the most Pro Russian parties out there in all of Europe.

In fact, they rank 147/168 when it comes to being assertive against Russia.

So, when people say SF, the party and its supporters are soft on Putin and Russia, here is the evidence and proof.

This war will be going on for quite some time. It could well become an election issue in a few years - it certainly will feature in the European elections.

• Advertisement

And there are people complaining about Stephen Donnelly on other threads?

What sort of health system is being run in the North under the SF/DUP government? Health is one of the areas devolved to Stormont, so there is no excuse for this.

Advertisement