Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

If I see something like this again in my lifetime I will be a very lucky man.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RamonD3

I've enjoyed this, imagine it was amazing in person. So happy to see Dave Grohl there too

• Registered Users Posts: 45,490 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Incredible stuff from McCartney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I’m not a huge Paul MCCartney fan but this is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

That was excellent. Came in with low expectations. Take a bow, Macca. You’d put men half your age to shame. One of the great Glasto performances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

It was all over social media all evening that Bruce would appear with him. He also guested with him in New Jersey last week and was in France this week with his daughter Jessica who is on the US Showjumping Team competing there, so not a major surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

What a brilliant headline. One of the greats. Helter Skelter! He's incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The set list he didn't play is better than anything your favourites could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Great gig by McCartney savage show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

80 fcuking years of age and put on a 2.5 hour show until 1.15 in the morning, I'm 55 and could barely stay awake after 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

McCartney was fcuking outstanding…..

got pretty much the entire B Side of Abbey Road - Out-fcuking-Standing……..

Wow.

Post edited by AndyBoBandy on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

So, Macca's voice wasn't the best and that gives me a little satisfaction...because im lying in bed here with a regret that I may never get to witness something like that in person. Regardless of the wobbles, it was 3 hours of spirit lifting brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I was there in 97 for Radiohead, a performance that has always been hailed as one of Glastonbury's best. That was blown out of the water tonight. I really didn't expect much from him but as the night went on, he just got better and better. Incredible night.

Post of the night.....special recognition award for the 3 clowns who thanked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,267 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

That was amazing. His voice wasn't perfect but amazing for a feckin' octogenarian. Forza Macca!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,267 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

The B side of Abbey Road is prob my favourite recording of all time and he played most of it. Pity we didn't get Polythene Pam but you can't have it all...

I'm not even pi$sed that he didn't finish with All You Need Is Love.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

but on boards.ie tonight we have more than criticism over Glasto headlining performances towards 80 year old Beatles absolute fcking living legend Sir Paul McCartney than 20 year old Billy something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Just back in the tent now and reading all the boards reviews back.. That was one of the most incredible gigs of my life! He sounded amazing and the atmosphere of everyone knowing we were in the presence of greatness felt out of this world! Can't wait to watch it back when I get home. Still genuinely buzzing here!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Macartney was good, but couldn't keep the kid motivated enough through the first half of the show waiting for the songs we knew to come on... So left. Probably at precisely the point at which it switched to the classics. By the sounds of it the TV coverage was spared the first half when he played the stuff nobody knew.

Will have to watch the second half myself when I get back home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

On macca you could see himself and Bruce laughing when he couldn't hot the woohoo for glory days, understandable as the man is 80! Realistically the man doesn't have many if any tours left so alot of people's only time to see him, agreed sound wasn't great on TV but thought it was excellent and some going, what a catalogue that man has.. seen him in RDS years ago and put on a great show, same as tonight but upped a few levels. Thought it was brilliant and a deserved headliner no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Thought he started off a bit poor. Then kicked it up a notch. There was a mad rush/crush near the end (we were just in front of sound tent)..... Then he brought out "David" Grohl and Springsteen... Say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Shank Williams

Not everyone loves the Beatles - get over it.

would have gone near it even if I was there , imagine having to suffer through Noel Gallagher for it

a nostalgia fest is all it was- some people expect more from Glastonbury

plus Maccas endorsement for wife beater Depp and the duet with a dead man were fairly icky

"Some people expect more from Glastonbury"

So you have 1 half of the arguably the greatest song writing duo ever, who also happens to be an unbelievable musician (albeit with aging vocals) on stage with another living legend in Bruce Springsteen along with a guy who played in 2 of the biggest bands of the last 30 years and will likely still be a potential headliner in 20 years time, all on stage together at the same time and it isn't enough......what do they expect?

Those few moments at the end where they were jamming was unbelievable. I had goosebumps watching that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

George Ezra playing John peel at 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

This may come as a surprise to you but there are thousands of genuine music fans who really couldn't give a toss about McCartney, Bruce and Grohl. I've been to Glastonbury many times and would i have been at that set if i was there this year? No, i wouldn't. I watched some of it last night and it was better than i was expecting but i wouldn't have felt i was missing out by not being at it.

Different strokes for different folks.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jack White for the park stage at 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I was expecting the 3rd surprise to be Ringo to come onstage and sing All You Need Is Love…..

didn’t get it, which was a pity but it took absolutely nothing away from what was a stunning performance.

I was sat watching it with a beaming smile throughout, and as the show went on the smile only got wider!!! I was feeling giddy.

Even herself sat next to me was thoroughly enthralled by it (and she’s probably been a bit sick of the Beatles lately since Get Back was released, and I’ve been playing them ‘a lot’ lately).

• Advertisement

Who do people think are more worthy candidates for headlining Glastonbury on a Saturday and playing a 2.5 hour set with a catalogue of songs that thousands can sing along too without ever having bought a record or album?....just curious because I can't think of too many

Advertisement