Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramount+ (launching 22 June)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Amazon is doing it for 7 pounds a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Unless I’ve got a rating turned on that is meaning it’s not coming up but that’s the first thing I checked for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I cancelled straight away too, expected a bigger library with a lot of older stuff on it.

Much better stuff on Roku channel, Tubi, Pluto with a us vpn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is there any way to link the Sky account to the app so can watch on other devices if don't have a Sky Q box?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

No, unfortunately Sky+HD customers are left out of the fun, it’s Sky Q (and for those in the UK, Sky Stream) only for the app.

Sky+HD with Sky Cinema customers can watch a limited amount of the content (from what I’ve heard, Star Trek SNW, Discovery, and Halo mainly) through the On Demand menu on their box only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭smurf492

Finding the app on sky q to be incredibly glitch and freezes a lot... Hope it gets sorted quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Is Yellowstone on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

Does anyone know why the full list of epsidoes for Star Trek:Strange New Worlds and Halo aren't on there yet? They only have a few episodes each on there and aren't up-to-date. Are they drip-feeding content to get people to buy a subscription and not binge watch them over a week!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

@Agent Coulson You might have seen already but the new Beavis and Butthead movie is on the service 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was wondering would they do that since Disney did it with Mando even though it had aired its full first season before Disney+ launched here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

What a pain! I understand if they did it for trial subscribers, but if you've paid for an annual subscription, you should be able to watch everything that's been aired in another region!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Denny61

It's not worth it..only so many shows on it ..plus no 4k or hdr..Disney plus .or amazone prime. Or Netflix..all have 4k hdr except with Netflix. You have go with the premium plan but still .120 a year or 80 to 90 for other too is good .you would spend that on one weekend drinks and nothing to show for it only a sore head

there is more shows on the service than the app is showing - on my iPhone and AppleTV anyway.

The home page with regards sections for showtime, Nickelodeon, etc. are only showing series and movies that are somehow deemed most popular. If you browse the section for series it also shows only the most popular.

I discovered this because Hawaii 5-0 only comes up in a search. There are others

I expected Evil and Blood & Treasure to be available.

That is disappointing.

I’ve been speaking to a couple of people I know in different countries and the Irish app is definitely broken. The series section is not showing a lot of lot of shows. Other regions have series showing genres.

And the series section on my iPhone won’t even load.

The app is also very slow at loading too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

'Evil' seems to be airing on Alibi over here, which - if you have Sky - seems to be a channel coming this month (or at least it is to Now). So guessing that prevents it being on Paramount+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭bromley52

Use promo code southpark to get a 30day free trial when signing up.

• Advertisement

I thought Cheers was going to be very dated but I have watched a few episodes it is still hilarious.

Hawaii Five-0 isn’t the same without Chin-Ho and Kono. They were always second fiddle to McGarret and Danny but still an important part of the show. The producers shoukd have paid the salary they asked for - dump Jerry and there is extra money right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Xtream5

Anybody try to download the app on Xbox won't show up in the store yet it's available in the US , which is weird casue Xbox one are doing a off if your on gamepass to get 30 day free. yet no app on xbox one

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

As I understand it the US and everywhere else have different apps. Which makes sense because the domestic app also allows access to your local CBS station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Xtream5

They should at least be able to update the app to work in Ireland . Google play , Samsung TV app is available here . Pity about the xbox app and they advertising 30 free paramount plus 😁😁😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Finding it quiet good. Got the free month. Will see if I want to continue after I've binged on star trek.

How did you get a free month?

There isn’t a lot of content available there is a few limited series I am interested in, I’m enjoying Cheers, and there is the all Yellowstone and Star Trek series so I’ll have it for the summer anyway.

The library will grow in time and I will renew whenever the need arises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Signed up for the free month not impressed at all with the content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I signed up and there will be enough available during the month of July to keep me entertained. It's probably the type service that I won't keep year round but will instead dip in and out every few months in rotation with something like apple TV+.

I will be curious to see whether the UK and US release schedule will eventually sync up over time as this may be a deal breaker.

Already available and added to my watchlist

• Beavis & Butthead Do the Universe
    • Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber
    • Players - The current offering of the team behind the excellent American Vandal. This one is set in the world of e-sports and I thinka ll episodes of the first season will be available by the time my free trial is up
    • The Challenge Allstars - I'm a sucker for reality TV and season 3 is arriving tomorrow
    • Yellowjackets - I've yet to watch this and further seasons are likely to appear here rather than on Sky Atlantic
    • Kacey Musgraves: star-crossed - This is a nice added bonus that I completely forgot about.

Coming within the next few weeks

• The Day the Music Died: The Story of Don McLean's American Pie
    • I Love That For You
    • Girl, Taken - Documentary from an Irish Production Company
    • Honor Society
    • Scream 2022

That's all definitely worth the 5 minutes it took to subscribe using a 1 month free trial promo code and cancel straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Judge

Is The Good Wife on Paramount+? It's disappeared from Sky Box Sets.

Advertisement