Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I'll keep at it I reckon but in small doses. The story has me interested enough it's just all the walking and the trying to keep your balance mechanics and what not, incredibly boring so far and slightly annoying, I went in some water and fell over in a way humans shouldn't be falling over 😂. And I say that as someone who has hundreds of hours pumped into Euro truck simulator so I'm not always and all action hound!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You have to build every inch of every road or you are not a true porter 😂.

It is a stunning game, the walking is an amazing mechanic. I don't know how he made just walking and carrying stuff so rewarding.

Just at the right moment when it gets annoying he adds something to help improve things. Carry more, move faster, vehicles, roads, zip lines.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Started the Demons Souls remake. I suck at souls games but I’m liking this. It looks amazing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ah yeah, upgrade your suit, vehicles & roads as soon as you can so. You might start to enjoy it a bit more then

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Chad porters let the likes of Grumpy build the roads for you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PS+ Essential July 2022 lineup: Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4/PS5), The Dark Pictures Man Of Medan (PS4), Arcadegeddon (PS4/PS5)

Man of Medan is also available on Extra so thats a repeat

Ah what the sony **** ****, putting Extra games on the essential monthly list. Bad enough when they did it with Now but it's gonna be awful shyte if they do this every month.

No interest in Crash.

Well some people might just sign up for the basic tier so it makes sense. Also monthly games are yours forever but with the game collections, if game leaves, you won't get it for free anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But would we be able to add the game as an Essential game if it shows we have it as part of Premium/Extra?

not sure. I'm guessing if you add the game to your library when it's part of the Essential Monthly games , if it gets removed from Extra/Premium library, you'd still have it

• Advertisement

Seeing multiple reports that streaming works much better than it did on PS Now. I haven't tried it yet but remember I had to stop my Arkham Origins playthrough because the lag was awful. Must try it again.

I tried Arkham Origins and it's very choppy but seems smoother to play bizarrely. Fighting is more manageable as counter timing is fine now but gliding around the city is choppy looking. Maybe it was always like that, most look up a ps3 video of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

What was the Playstation sales event called that was every year at this time? This is when I always renewed my Plus with 25% off. There were always discounts on games, controllers, VR headsets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Days of Play sale was 25 May - 8 June.

Early May. Official PS Plus discounts usually happen twice a year, Days of Play in May and Black Friday in November. Will be interesting to see if there are any this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Indeed, especially now that Sony have made it more difficult to stack subs on PSN and it appears they are no longer selling subscription codes(or at least are currently suspended)

Do they have sub offers for Independence Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sub discounts are very rare, they don't have them for most of the sales.

They've gotten rid of them fully now, they're just going to have new wallet values for the more amounts need.

US is getting

• $110
    •  $30
    •  $55
    •  $70

So probably the same for Euro

Makes sense when you'd have to have varying sub durations for each of the tiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Wasn't impressed that streaming isn't available on Extra - so essentially PS Now is now part of the Premium tier. Having hundreds of games is well and good if you have the space to download them too. For me now its going to require the download time and also the juggling around of my HDD to manage space appropriately. 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Pie in the sky wish for it is they'd allow PSN purchased games to be streamed, maybe as long as you'd a essential or extra sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Certainly wasn’t expecting Crash 4, that’s a nice get for Plus.

Looks like the leak was correct as usual

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Crash 4 should be good - was thinking of buying it so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Signed up for the 120 optiion last night. Downloaded Tekken 2, tried it for 5 minutes then turned it off before my face melted. Dont really mind and hopefully the retro catalogue will improve. Ive been wanting to play Returnal and both Spidermans but didnt want to pay. Also wanted to try Souls but didnt want to pay so regardless of what comes over the next 12 months Ive covered the cost with those 4. I played GoT through a while back and loved it so will try the directors cut at some stage.

Tried a few games from Extra collection tonight, enjoyed what i played and moved onto the next until Deliver Us The Moon. Think that's gonna be my next main game. Explore an abandoned space station to figure out what happened. I'm fully in on the story already, great setting and atmosphere with nice puzzles thrown in. Just launching the rocket following the correct sequence was incredible. I would easily keep playing off the leaba wasn't calling

Essential games available now. At least I was able to add them through the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Not sure if this was asked in the thread already but I'm puzzled as to why they even bothered having a PS4 and PS5 version of some of the PS1 games, especially when there aren't any trophy support (Tekken 2 and Toy Story 2, for example) and I can't imagine the PS5 versions having much of an edge over the PS4 versions? In other words, what's the point in the PS5 versions of these games?

Just a rumor, so take with grain of salt

Partial list of July’s PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium new games coming later this month have leaked.

BlackBate said:

As I've learned, here are some of the games that are going to be added on the 19th on PS Plus (Premium+Plus): Stray, FFVII Remake Intergrade + FF7R EPISODE INTERmission, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Assassin's Creed Unity, Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered, Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry και Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection, Saints Row IV: Re-Elected.

BlackBate previously leaked Death Stranding Director's Cut, Skull & Bones and Microsoft Flight Simulator, 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Tbh I reckon ill stick to pc game pass.

Got 3 months of ultimate there for €1, I just sign up whenever they do that offer. Pretty sure I got 6 months for like €6 last year.

Advertisement