Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Note Post #1 - The 2022 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mayo need a clear out. Same fellas going to the well for years on end and there's nothing there now. A broken team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭spurshero

o hora is nothing more then a thug

• Registered Users Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

The white flag is raised, they just want the ref to blow it up now

1 competitive game out of 4 quarter finals. Poor stuff.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Plenty for Kerry to yerra about there.

Suppose we'll find out where Dublin really are, should be a great match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

,mayo need a new management team and a 2/3 year rebuild with a whole lot of changes. There is enough in the county coming through to come again. I personally would go for a northern type manager to add something different into the county team. If that makes sense.

The end of an era one would feel with Mayo today. Great memories throughout the years, but sadly no Sam Maguire heading west of the Shannon despite their efforts. Scant reward for the players, management and their amazing fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Hopefully a new management team comes into Mayo and they start to rebuild. So many wides, does no-one teach these guys how to attack. They don't look like they really believe this year despite putting in a good defensive performance in this match. Kerry aren't playing well but they'll be ready for Dublin I think.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That final shot sums up Mayo's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Should be the end of Horan and O Shea. Back to RTÉ for Horan if he’s lucky and O Shea plugging sh*te phone repairs and walking out of the sea in pink jocks on Instagram. Won’t miss either of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Armagh Galway saves quarter final weekend. Other games one sided .semi finals should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Denny61

When mayo had a good team..were never able to win an all ireland..we be lucky to see mayo in a all ireland final in nxt 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭munster87

It’s as though Aidan O Shea will start for Mayo until he decides otherwise himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Fair play to Cillian O'Connor, holding Tom O'Sullivan to just three points from play today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Football truly in a bad place. Serious changes needed. Provincials need to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

That is worst Mayo team ive seen in a long time.

Kerry were not that great either.

Derry/Dublin to win all ireland

3 rubbish matches this weekend and poor crowds at them. The only competitive game had the best crowd. Football championship is beyond boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Yep. People that gave them a chance today were basing on the good Mayo side of the last decade. This team is miles off that side.

As I said after the draw was made, this was a great draw for Kerry. Never any chance of them being beaten, good physical test, Mayo tackled them ferociously and turned em over loads. Armagh could and probably would have beaten them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Kerry will win the All Ireland. Dublin aren't brilliant and might be a step too far for Derry or Galway.

Derry or Galway will be outsiders in AI obviously, but whichever of them it is, they have a better chance than i thought after this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

A bit of schadenfreude watching Cillian O'Connor today. Great fun.

You'd have to feel for the other stawarts though. The chance has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Mayo remind me of Tottenham in soccer

Genuinely had a chance to win the big one but couldn’t get it done. Completely stale now obviously and have been for a couple of years

BIG freshening up needed

I think Kerry are better than what we saw today. All the same i think Dublin will beat them with James McCarthy and Conn back. I'd be fearful for galway or Derry in an All Ireland final.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

Galway conceded 16 points to mayo and probably 20 and 24 apx to ross and armagh in 70mins If kerry or Dublins forwards show up at all they will put up a cricket score in the final. Hoping derry make the final as they are good enough to keep it competitive

Both O Connors look finished.

Like him or not Cillian has had a fine career, but for me Diarmaid has been a huge disappointment, he was the best u21 footballer in the country by a mile the year they won it, looked like he would be a massive player for Mayo for a decade, but it never materialized apart from a very odd day.

Lads Cillian, Diarmuid, Aidan and Rob Hennelly will be back next year. Wait and see. In fact id imagine Aidan will be actively involved in picking a new manager.

If the Kerry attack gets turned over as often against Dublin as they did today and in last years semi, they will be beaten, possibly comfortably.

They were lucky today that they came up against a team who wouldnt hit a bulls arse with a shovel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

The negativity towards football is something else....

Enjoyable weekend of football, some great goals and points.

Semi finals should be great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Hoping derry make the final as they are good enough to keep it competitive

Didn't Galway hockey Derry a few weeks ago?

Advertisement