Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Exactly,I know it has been a very bad summer for your area OldRio and other parts of the northwest and I understand your frustration but when u hear some posters completely writing off the summer(not you) and putting away their BBQs for good its just childish talk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

The pram is capsizing, it's a simple question of staying afloat!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Today is up there with the June bank holiday weekend for absolute horrendeus pigmuck, constant train of showers, very heavy at times. A brief respite tomorrow and back to rain again from Tuesday.

• Advertisement

Encouraged by some of the charts for the week commencing Monday 4th July. Going to the JP McManus pro-am golf on both days. Just hope that the bay of biscay and all those horrible thunderstorms that come from that source will stay away well south of Ireland.

Not planning to go outside the country this summer, hopefully a strong Azores High will position itself over the country and be the focal point for the rest of summer 2022 in the Emerald Isle. Fingers crossed!

Loving the contributions by the likes of MT, Gonzo, Metorite on this forum. I consider ye guys with way higher esteem than Met Eireann. Keep up the great work!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

I wouldn't believe any of those charts anymore. There'll be a cool Northwesterly instead and windy just like 21 days in June have been so the percentage chance of windy days very high.

Is this the windiest June on record?

There's branches everywhere on paths here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Spent the day driving from Edinburgh to the west of Scotland, absolutely cat weather, horrendous rain and dense cloud 😅

I thought it was only in Ireland we got that type of weather🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

A one hour blast this afternoon but other than that it's been largely warm and blustery with good sunshine in NCD.

Overall a very decent weekend considering what has happened elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

What they get in the west of Scotland tops anything we get in Ireland 😅 the wettest part gets 5x Dublin's average 😳

A good few leaves have changed colour and fallen off in Donegal. Same elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

We are definitely not a contender for the trociare box with all this rain anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Numerous showers during the day here in Kerry, drier this evening with just a few light ones, windy during the day and breezy still this evening, measured 25 mm since 09.00 yesterday morning. 11.2C now after a high of 15.6C.

Short time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TESLA7

Genuinely shivering from the chill off the wind this morning & it's July this week, honestly May & June have been absolutely horrendous its depressing.

No consistency settled consistency whatsoever, could get one grand day then back to grey skies & rain, even when the clouds go the wind just ruins it =(

BBQ been used twice at best, counting the seconds till heading off to the Balkans!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭appledrop

It's lovely and sunny here in NCD this morning but I'd agree there is a chill from that breeze.

Hopefully though by mid morning there will be great heat in that sun.

I know we were lucky here yesterday compared to other parts of the country but I just couldn't hack that wind, so it was a lazy day at home.

The morning chill was here too. Sunny now but heavy rain on way. Some places will end up with triple their normal rainfall this week or more

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

Has to be the wettest june in west mayo for a long time. And to add the chill it really has been a rotten start to the summer. Ill enjoy my trip to Portugal in September

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TESLA7

Yeah I wrote that in Balbriggan as I was walking down for me train, in town now & its a heap of patchy cloud.

Have looked at the 15 day forecasts to try give myself some hope, apparently July will settle down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

13 degrees here in D3. Overcast, windy, and just heavy showers just now. Beautiful weather for mid January.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Dare I say this has been exceptionally dry and a “good” summer so far in Kilkenny until the last few days (rain that was badly needed). Was no problem with anything outdoors until now really

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lip Out

I'm surprised Wexford and Wicklow are not included in the yellow rain warning for tonight/tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ascophyllum

Don't normally complain about the weather as its pointless and we generally expect a few bad spells during the summer on the west coast, but wow since the first week of May we've had very few days you can be comfortable outside, can't remember the last day we had sunshine for more than an hour and the wind...pretty much relentless.

Certainly a notable inclement spell, I do feel bad for anyone on holidays here right now, hard to even go for a quick walk most days.

Is this a consequence of a stronger La Niña than usual? I'm interested if there is an identifiable pattern or predictable system associated with this year's non stop Atlantic conveyer.

I managed to get a second walk in this morning, yes wind was chilly but it was pleasant enough in sunshine.

It's all changed now cloudy and actually just had a small rain shower.

Easily feels about 5 degrees colder than this morning.

Have you not had the relentless wind? I've found that's a barrier with kids, small babies don't like being feed outside in a wind that will cut them in two.

Certainly has been one of the windiest Summers I can remember and cold in the day in the West but last night was the first night I felt cold in a long time. If nights were normal temp we'd have a June IMT of 10c in the West. Instead coz of cloudy nights and wind to match the cloudy windy days its 13c.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Windy but certainly not relentless. Was welcome some of the warm days. But didn’t help the drought scenario

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Here in Meath May wasn't great, it started off grand but gradually became less sunny and more unsettled. The opening week of June was unseasonably cold and wet at times, the June bank holiday weekend was a write off. After this the middle 2 weeks of June were decent enough, some warm days with sunshine but it wasn't warm all the time, there was the odd cool day as well. Summer came to a scretching halt here since Saturday night, yesterday was awful. Today is grand but looks like it will be fairly wet and unsettled again from tonight and over the coming 5 to 6 days.

This Summer isn't looking great. Even the brief High next weekend. That NW prevailing wind that we secretly get in Summer (Met Eireann thinks its Southwesterly) will be sliding all kinds of mixed cool muck over us until August. Then wel prob run out of rain so the annual August monsoon may not happen this year. That's as positive as I can get today.

It's Monday. It's nearly July. It's 11c. It's raining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ozvaldo

another awful day in cork city heavy showers windy and grey

Advertisement