Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

And Drowning the Irish people in the process 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Jaysus that sounds very familiar, it's almost like what happens on here. The usuals attacking SF and then throwing out all sorts of accusations to deflect and distract so that they don't or won't answer questions. Was there ever a response to the McEntee question?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Was there ever a response to the McEntee question?

Nope, plenty of deflection though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,132 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

While I am no great fan of this government, it was a 1% drop for each of the three parties in government where the only gains were a 1% increase for each of AU, PBP and I/O.

No party would be looking to either of the three with relish if they were needed to form a government. Those 1% loses and gain are all well within the margin of error, so realistically no real change from the last Red C poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

I do. There's the parents of someone allegedly killed by the IRA who have been ignored for years ready to be used on another front page 'opinion piece'.

• Advertisement

I see Stephen Donnellys half hearted intervention over the Navan Hospital situation is being ignored by the HSE. I'm not doubting the need for a Decision to be made, just find it extraordinary yet again the political expediency of Donnelly further exposed.

He'll shut up now won't dare invoke section 10 of the health act, saying privately to his concerned colleagues, he did his best to limit the damage to their political standing in their constituency.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

Whats the point in a Minister for Health at all.

Whatever about this latest issue it's clear who's not in charge 😏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Do you believe that the HSE are right in what they are doing in Navan?

I've actually no opinion on the matter but commented on yet another example of political expediency of Stephen Donnelly and another example of who's not in charge.

If you read the post , you'd realise I've not expressed opinion either way on the Navan hospital matter, if I recall the thread is about the FFFG government, of which Stephen Donnelly, is alledged to be a Senior minister,

I've no doubt if you check there's a thread dealing with the Navan hospital, you can check there for opinions on the matter 🤔

Let me throw something back, do you believe Stephen Donnelly has a clue 🤔

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A number of posts deleted

If you do not wish to discuss the topic then do not post

The reason I ask is that it isn't clear from your post whether you believe the HSE are doing the right thing by holding firm or whether you believe that Stephen Donnelly, as the Minister, is doing the right thing by stepping in and putting the HSE back in its place. If you believe that the A&E in Navan should stay open, then you should be praising Donnelly for stepping in.

As you appear to be criticising Donnelly for interfering, then I take it, you believe, as I do, that the A&E in Navan Hospital should be closed for patient safety reasons and Donnelly should not interfere in operational issues like that. Then again, you may be of the all Government things bad, all SF things good mentality, and have no opinion of your own, so it would be interesting to know what you think, if you think about it beyond the all government bad approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

The minister for health getting in (ANOTHER) spat with the head of the HSE through the media is ridiculous and disgraceful tbh

The hospital in Navan should not be downgraded currently as the HSE has not provided all assurances. Look what has happened to Limerick with the closure of hospitals around it (Drogheda too)

You actually managed to get SF into your post 😂

Why would you expect me to have an opinion on the HSE here 🤔

I certainly have opinions on the HSE and particularly the DOH as I'm sure you know, particularly its SG.

My point and is a continuation of how we got here re this issue .

A decision dragged on for months

One assumes the Minister of Health is on top of his brief and being kept informed

We then have the spectle of the HSE making an announcement, fluffy interviews with CEO and CCO of the HSE all very dramatic.

Within minutes uproar and especially from local politicians and especially Helen Mc Entee ( who one would assume at least chats with Donnelly on occasion)

We then have the embarrassing further spectle of the Minister for Health intervening, hang on here so to speak, hold your horses HSE.

Silence for week .

Paul Reid announcing HSE plan going ahead with a not so subtle response about Donnelly being unhappy, in essence two fingers to Donnelly.

And finally Donnelly having a Tantrum in response , there is no sanction to proceed etc.

I'd doubt you'd see such behaviour in a primary school play yard , it's astonishing and I again pose the Question, who's in charge 🤔

If there was an 'all government bad approach' this thread would 20 times longer.

This is exactly the problem with political debate and it is reflected on here.

Firstly, you guys are all about personalities not policies, to be fair, it reflects the worst of the media out there, so you are only as bad. Secondly, even when you support what a Minister's policy, you find a way to get a dig in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Even when you post about anything you manage to bring SF up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Undermining the MoH seems to be becoming a trend..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

We have a crumbling health service with its health minister is being undermined, this should scare you. Who the actual fook is in charge? It sure isn't something, something SF or something, something, deflection.

Post edited by skimpydoo on

Didn't you open a thread for a political personality's personal situation to be debated? It's a bit rich and hypocritical to be writing the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

On the contrary, people post about issues, you, like above, turn it on the person posting. The poster criticised Donnelly for seemingly not being on top of his brief. You tried to turn it on the poster. Here you are being critical of posters you disagree with in a bunch like they all consult each other before posting.

I'm off to read all the policies you had issue with on your Violet Ann Wynne thread.....

Sorry Blanch , went to bed and missed your come back regarding Digs , I seem to recall your go to tatic is infact throwing a dig or two and it's abundantly clear you don't want to debate but deflect.

As unfortunate as you think it is, it is about political personalities, TD'S, SENATORS, MINISTERS, political parties FFGG and their performances, Policies and increasingly their behaviour.

Your entitled of course to throw in Opposition Political parties and "Personalities" as you do frequently, others are as equally entitled to respond.

So it's a little perplexing you accuse others of doing exactly what you do , so I can only deduce your contradicting yourself , again 🤔

Good morning 😏

Parish pump Politics in all its glory.

Paywall article but opening Paragraph says it all really.

In other news , Darragh "Game Changer" O Briens shared ownership scheme about to go live.

Scant in detail but seemingly he's targeting assiting 2,000 streched middle income earners purchase homes a year.

Central Bank have made their own observations on this scheme but , whilst open to correction it would seem the cunning plan is for already stretched middle income folks who wouldn't qualify under existing rules , Qualify.

Limitations on value of property so likely most of Dublin excluded.

Government will put up 30% of financing involved and retain equity , this will be interest free for 5 years .

Buyers will put up 10% deposit on over all valuation.

Will likely continue to struggle but get a break from the kindness of Darragh for 5 years.

Presumably developers will get the extra benefit (cost to taxpayers) of Grant leg ups.

Real struggle will commence after 5 years. Purchasers will continue to be in essence Tenants with a massive mortgage for years.

All makes absolute sense 😳

We're the houses come from remains a mystery as to does how these fortunate folks put food on the table and pay bills with cost of living crisis.

Game Changer 🤔 I'm not so sure.

Meanwhile.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I've actually no opinion on the matter

So why are you posting up reports on the matter if you are a) don't have an opinion on it b) unwilling to to give an opinion on it.

Reminds of the time last week when you posted up a ESRI report you didn't even read or had no opinion on either....

Spamming threads with newslinks and not offering an opinion on the item(s) at hand is not what this thread is about tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Paul Reid gone. I hope he does an interview on how difficult it was to deal with all the failed Health Ministers....Donnelly, Leo, Harris, MMartin.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Real struggle will commence after 5 years. Purchasers will continue to be in essence Tenants with a massive mortgage for years.

I'm not a fan of the scheme itself but you are grossly mischaracterising the scheme.

The people who will avail of this scheme will not be 'tenants'.

• Advertisement

A good morning Marko, you'd gone all quite, you seriously expect me or anyone to answer any question coming from you when all it turns into is you avoiding offering coherent contributions or responses to your many odd critique of other posters.

But I'll certainly, respond to your posts out of curteousy.

I posted a ligitimate post querying the bizzare actions, or lack of same of a sitting minister for Health, formed no opinion on the particular issue, just the Ministers extraordinary lack of handling of the matter and the obvious lack of respect senior officials with the DOH and HSE have towards the minister and simply asked, who's in charge.

As your on another rampage of belated responses, I'll also respond to your second post, unlike you I actually link "Current articles, reports" not two year old "Latest Stats ' or refer to utterly meaningless reports that don't actually interest most normal people living in the hear and now.

I also try to put in context what I'm discussing, so for example, The Housing Ministers "Game Changer" plan going live and on the same day, Daft report released.

Actually both should come under the same Heading DAFT.

Discuss the contents of post by all means but you really need to try harder not to criticise posters just for the sake of it, it's really tiresome and honestly becoming quite embarrassing.

Good morning 😏

Advertisement