Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

True, very possible people would get same scores on things. Would certainly mean a few extra people being called up each time if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 D_Mc87

That’s what I’m thinking , it could move a lot quicker !

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

As far as I understand, each persons OOM is their individual rank. For example someone who’s OOM is 20, they are in 20th place. Considering some people on this thread are in the 2000’s, it would make most sense.

I don’t think it’s an individual ranking - specifically to one person - for example 200 people could have scored the same score to be OOM @ 20th place - if you think about it - almost 11k people we’re invited to sit stage one so assuming half those passed ( likely more than 50% passed ) that would mean the numbers could go up to 5000+ and considering it’s 18 months for the competition , if they were to bring people forward in groups of 224 sure they wouldn’t get to stage 2 by 18month let alone intakes ?

See in previous campaigns they took the first 1000 to stage 2 at the same time, this year is a strange one that they only took up to 224. I personally think and this is just my own idea, but I think the reason they took just 224 now is because they probably have a back log from the lockdowns to clear too, and they just need so many from the first 224 to fill that class. But thats just my own thinking. But as for the order of merit, i’m pretty sure the number everyone got is specific to them. Thats why theres people in this thread with numbers as high as 3,000. Maybe someone in here will clear it up for us anyway who has a better understanding of it

• Advertisement

So yeah your OOM is your place in the list. Everyone has their own individual number

then we have a serious problem.. because myself and another member on here have the exact same order of merit number 😳😳 which is why I questioned this in the first place 😂

One of ya’s must have mixed it up, that or ya’s may get onto them. be graaand😂

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

Get onto career services and ask them how

the order of merit works and if two candidates can have the same number, they’re efficient so will be able to advise on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭Spook22

To clarify this for people, two or more people absolutely can recieve the same OOM number, it is not specific to one person, but rather that persons performance - which may well be identical to that of another, resulting in the same number being issued.

This wont have a huge impact on the numbers going through in each batch, and is likely offset by the number of people within each batch who never show up, etc.

In other words, it can happen, but doesnt have a material impact on progress.

• Advertisement

Cheers for this, so is it correct to say, oom is your place in the list. But you could share your number with others. Meaning technically there could of been more than 224 people then who done stage 2 already?

Correct, OOM is your place, which you may share with another.

Its unlikely there were many more than 224 though.

The reason for that is some never attend the next stage, despite being called, and the likelihood of getting the exact same score as another person is still quite low.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Henno_4

Hey, My Oom is also 903

Welcome to the 903 club 😂👌🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fluffypatcat

What's going on with 903 😂🤷‍♀️ Must be the lucky number!

Update from Public jobs is that yes, there can be multiple candidates with the same OOM number.

"Candidates are ranked based on their assessment scores so therefore some candidates receive the same score and order of merit from stage 1"

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭blinkinghinds

Thanks for that very interesting to see how it's done. I wonder how precisely the time was assessed in the test and then fed into your score. Even though there were a lot of candidates you'd think it would be very unlikely you'd get the exact same answers in the exact same time as another candidate.

But it is interesting how a few people in this thread alone share the same OOM. Considering there are people with a OOM in the 3000s (or even higher) who have posted in this thread, on average the max there could be sharing an OOM would be no more than 3 or 4 people (and that's assuming the near 11,000 candidates all sat and passed stage 1), and this is probably even less likely at the extremes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gar1989

Has anybody an idea of when the results of stage 2 can be expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭leheaven

I’m thinking this week or early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gar1989

Great, did you do stage 2? If so how did you find it?

• Advertisement

Ya I did. It was actually grand, very straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Conor1995a

Does anyone know what material you need for stage 3? Like leaving cert results etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nero2311

Post edited by nero2311 on

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Conor1995a

Anything else do you know?

You will be given more documents to fill out. They copy your Leaving cert/ other qualifications and your birth cert. Then someone goes through your paperwork with you before the interview to make sure it’s all filled in etc. They look at your education, volunteering, hobbies etc. In the interview they ask you questions from your form. Then your competencies. That’s what I remember but this year things are a bit different so we will prob be sending them in online. You also have to collect info like d.o.b, addresses etc of aunts/ uncles. I’m not sure if that was before or after the panel interview. I know it has to be done before your interviews at your local station though.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

Does anyone know any idea of timescales here? I'll be called up in the next batch for stage 2 but for the top batch do they have any idea? We talking being accepted into the college by the Winter or what?

We don't know anything extra I'm afraid.

As for the first intakes, all rumour at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 niall1996

Career services say the whole process can take 18 months 👍 what’s your oom? Mine is 800

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

They're aiming to interview the initial batch the last week of July.

Advertisement