Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

And poor Leo and FG

Unfortunately a paywall opinion piece so can share it but there's enough in the header and first few paragraphs to get a sense of some home Truths 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

And all you are being asked is whether you think the Minister is doing the right thing in rushing to save Navan Hospital A&E against the pen-pushers in the HSE, or whether the Minister is unnecessarily interfering in the day-to-day running of the HSE.

You seem to be just criticising for the sake of criticising, which is the actions of a serial moaner and whinger, rather than actually having a view on whether the Minister is doing the right thing. Are you scared to come off the fence on this, until opposition politicians have had their say?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I think you are the one with the obsession, seeing things that aren't there, no mention of SF in my post.

And all you continue to do is deflect from the post, as I've explained various threads dealing with HSE, health care (lack of) matters for you to pose elsewhere.

But if your asking if think Donnelly is utterly out of his depth, yes I do 😏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I posted a ligitimate post querying the bizzare actions, or lack of same of a sitting minister for Health, formed no opinion on the particular issue,

Again though you don't offer any opinion on the matter itself, it seems for yourself in particular you what to play the politician, not the policy or the substance of the matter itself. I think you actually agree with the Health Minister in this regard and that Navan Hospital should not have its A&E downgraded, but you wont admit it.

As per the second point, again you used the word tenant to describe someone who owns their own home. Its just factually incorrect. That is all.

Your a fan of Una Mullaly, Dempo? Do you know what she stands for? ;)

Yet you cannot answer a very very simple question on the Navan hospital issue. You admit you don't have an opinion one way or another, but happy to spend days here spamming news articles about it. That is not in the spirit of this thread IMO.

Why are you scared to offer an opinion about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Every single time there is an anti Fine Gael article 😂

Any comment on the article itself?

So predictable...

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Thank you for yet another insightful and illuminating response.

I don't play the role of politician I ask questions on their performance or lack of same.

The use of Tenant is entirely appropriate in the context of this scheme, it has a ring of Social Housing to it by a different name, it's almost like these housing charities by up peoples distressed mortgages at enormous discounts, and renting back the home to folks who may have already paid of a decade or more of an existing mortgage. Call me cynical but having a liability to a Financial institution as well as government who both retain rights over the property seems utterly bizzare and this aside from the fact the mortgages will likely be unsustainable for many years ahead. Let's also not forget the development too are likely to be getting government incentives to build properties government will have a financial stake in.

Simply a bizzare approach IMO.

• Advertisement

We're do you get the notion I'm a fan of hers exactly, do you disagree with the context of the opinion piece or just dislike the author 🤔 I read opinion pieces, not the authors biography and form an opinion based on the opinion piece or article, Do you not 🤔

And finally, why are you and Blanch determined to get me form an opinion on anything, particularly when I posted on the how a Minister is dealing with a particular issue.

Do you think I've direct insight into the workings of Navan Hospital 🤔

I've specifically dealt with, what is by any measure an extraordinaryly badly managed issue by the Minister responsible and I might add the political expediency shown by local politicians who suddenly became aware of an issue that may impact on their electabilty next GE, most notably Helen Mc Entee who appears to have had little to say on the matter until the HSE made a decision.

Open to correction Marko but not ongoing sillyness from you 😏

Indeed and my word it's not even Subtle anymore 😏

Una Mullaly is a hypocrite and I won't take anything she says seriously. It's like asking Eoghan Harris about this view of the opposition. You won't learn anything new from either of them. Best to be ignored.

Its behind a paywall so I cant read the article. You didn't read it either to be fair ;)

So you won't answer a very very basic question but are more than happy to trawl Irish news websites and report them here for basic consumption. Odd!

On your second point, you are wrong on a few counts.

Housing developments don't get a subsidy from the government, that's apartments.

The people who own these homes won't be tenants.

No data on why the repayments would be unsustainable.

I actually did to be fair, I've a subscription, a luxury I'll be giving up shortly, but even that aside and as I explained, there's enough visible not only in the Header but the first two paragraphs to determine the premice of the opinion piece, which over all is an excellent analysis regardless of who the author is. I despise Fintan O Toole for example but some of his analysis is hard to disagree with.

And finally, why are you and Blanch determined to get me form an opinion on anything

Eh, because you have posted about a dozen articles about the Navan Hospital issue, yet wont offer an opinion on the core issue itself. Its just drive-by posting and spamming.

Give an opinion, don't be scared to do so, and be prepared to defend it. That's what most others do.

So you want me to deduce her entire argument by reading about 10% of the article itself?

Sorry, but no. Not playing that silly stupid game.

I'm, not a fan of Una or Fintan and won't be giving a cent to their salary, unlike yourself.

Wow an actual opinion on a post, I'm impressed.

Are you 100% sure no winks and Nods won't take place in terms of subsidies to developers, I don't belive Apartments are exempt from this scheme (open to correction)

I won't re Ash my points on Tenancy

Re sustainability, riddle me this, if these folks don't qualify under existing central Bank rules re ability to repay, how do you honestly believe an interest waiver for 5 years is going to change that fact, this aside from increasing cost of living expense.

Either a person or couple can afford to pay back a mortgage or not, it's really not rocket science to come up with even a litte sceptism.

• Advertisement

No I'd like you to actually debate, discuss, heavens above actually post something of your own without just jumping on others posts. You only analyse other posters, not their points of view from what i can garner.

I'm actually not even sure you've actually posted a single radom comment or opinion of your own, I don't have to patience or were with all to bother checking.

You continously get into these mind numbing back and forth spats and it's utterly bewildering.

Are you 100% sure no winks and Nods won't take place in terms of subsidies to developers, I don't belive Apartments are exempt from this scheme (open to correction)

I'm 100% what you are outlining is rubbish and isn't occurring.

Re sustainability, riddle me this, if these folks don't qualify under existing central Bank rules re ability to repay, how do you honestly believe an interest waiver for 5 years is going to change that fact, this aside from increasing cost of living expense.

What does your data say? Income limits of 3.5 times is actually very conservative and if the scheme allows new homeowners to repay up to 4.5 times their income limits that should be achievable. Again, where is your research and data that this would be a problem?

Either a person or couple can afford to pay back a mortgage or not, it's really not rocket science to come up with even a litte sceptism.

Again, how do you know they cannot. The CB rules are about protecting the banks, not about protecting mortgage holders.

No I'd like you to actually debate, discuss, heavens above actually post something of your own without just jumping on others posts. You only analyse other posters, not their points of view from what i can garner.

I would if some posters actually offered an opinion of their own? Alas getting those opinions are hard to come by.

A yes CB only protect Banks, more sillyness.

People often question why Ireland is the second most expensive mortgage market in Europe, they point to the difficulties around being able to repossess and CB rules regarding having capital in place.

Has anyone ever asked a sime question, why has Ireland been one of the most expensive mortgage markets for literally Decades, long before financial crash, CB capital reserve rules 🤔 of course not. This bizzare notion its a relatively new phenomenon is bizzare.

But again Marko can i direct you to other threads dealing with these matters.

People often question why Ireland is the second most expensive mortgage market in Europe, they point to the difficulties around being able to repossess and CB rules regarding having capital in place.

The capital requirements are actually EU rules, not CB rules per say. True, in Ireland, it's neigh on impossible for the banks to reposses a family home, so people don't have to worry about it all that much. I take it you are happy with that.

ANother reason are the legacy of bad loans, which are then sold onto other funds, yet people give out about that too.

Has anyone ever asked a sime question, why has Ireland been one of the most expensive mortgage markets for literally Decades, long before financial crash, CB capital reserve rules 🤔 of course not. This bizzare notion its a relatively new phenomenon is bizzare.

Whats your data. If its decades, show us the data.

I can't speak for others but I've expressed my opinions on numerous occasions only to be shouted down, others have offered excellent analysis on Polling, Health care, Politics and policy generally and are shouted down by the same small cohort.

I've absolutely no issues with differing opinions but my word even the most blatant incompetence is defended or deflected and whilst I don't pretend to be a political expert, I can see with my own two eyes what's going on.

I can't speak for others but I've expressed my opinions on numerous occasions only to be shouted down

Yet, wont offer an opinion on a topic, a topic you have posted about numerous times and linked many articles...

Why?

Marko, your running around in circles with this, you've avoided offering opinions and indeed answering questions repeatedly and you question me, Seriously,

I've offered literally thousands of opinions, answered questions, helped folks out, called out nonsense over almost 13 years on board, my record speaks for itself.

You've already tried this game last week, everybody saw what was going on, your assumed incorrectly you were being mistreated and yet here you are up to those old tricks again.

I won't be baited, will remain calm and composed, can't unfortunately play anymore more, have to go. But do have a great day all the same 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

So again, where is Foley? Madigan talking out of school, naming and shaming four schools, who claim she was completely wrong on her claims they were ignoring the dept of education and refusing to acknowledge correspondence.

• Advertisement

You can ask all you like and I'll continue to tell you, I've no opinion on what's going on there, just has I've explained countless times how the situation is being handled politically, which is terrible.

Advertisement