Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fall of the Catholic Church

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭deravarra

Youre post makes absolutely no sense.

Please take a look and repost

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Typical church , you’re actually asking me to out a rape victim online , that’s all “proof “ will give you.

I can say the rapist was then moved to another area in catholic fashion and anally raped some more

now that I’m thinking, as children we joked about dodgey priests and what they’d do in the sacristy, it’s only when we hit our teens we realised the humour was coming from a very real place and there were victims

Allegations. Mere allegations. Until proven in a court of law, thats all they will be. It doesn't matter how much spleen venting you wish to partake in, but everyone is entitled to a presumption of innocence until proven guilty in a court of law.

Hearsay.

the court of law convicted the priest he's an official rapist (dead rapist ). I do agree it's difficult to convict parishiners for being dickheads and persecuting the victims family and those who tried to out the priest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭jmreire

And your post was what Diddums???? Me Sad? Nope, never felt better, happy out, more than you can say, I think, but fire away anyway, I'm killing time at the moment, watching the grass growing.

That would provide insensitive information leading you to the small village and outing victims

you’re really a good catholic eh

Here we go again. Conveniently we just have to take your word for it. Good man. What with the avoidance of providing any shred of proof and the name calling, you really are something else.

you are aware you're not in a court of law?

you are litterally asking me to give you the address of a rape victim in public

Ok. Let's just accept everything you say without questioning.

Isnt that the very hyphothesis that most trying to dismiss the catholic church seem to take issue with?

And stop playing the victim. I never asked you for an address. You casually threw out a "fact". We are supposed to accept what you say without question. And then you whinge, moan and name call when you are challenged. I am not denying what you say, and am not calling you a liar. But without facts being presented here, I cannot accept it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

But..but...

there's tonnes of prior cases, this is just another data point. Doesn't invalidate it that the actual names and addresses haven't been provided.

And, if you need even more examples, just today here's some lovely abuse done by the Christian brothers in their zealous administration of school children. Unfortunately paywalled, but one doesn't need to read the whole thing. https://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/news/abuse-in-tralee-schools-in-the-1950s-the-boys-from-big-houses-whose-fathers-had-good-jobs-werent-touched-41783508.html

But but ... but nothing. You cannot deduce that because someone else did something, this person must have. Try that in any legal framework and be seen for a clown.

correct, the example i used is one of many, hundreds, every rape /assault carried out by a priest has "innocent parishiners" who remained quiet

It's the preponderence of evidence that you're ignoring. Unless, of course, every single fact presented in, say, the Bible, needs to be proven too? That whole walk on water/loaves and fishes thing? And, as far as I can tell from the thread, was he planning on bringing charges?

You can share with me in private and i can fact check - if you so wish

What you're doing here is precisely what the other poster is not doing. You are suggesting that we do not take things as fact unless they are quite easily proven and verified. The other is suggesting we must do so. Which is it to be?

Try again.

I'm saying, take it as fact if there's a preponderence of evidence of similar facts. Like, priestly child abuse, incest, rape... plenty of that.

Walking on water has no real evidence or facts. It's a myth, as is resurrection, loaves and fishes, etc. Those are NOT backed by facts. Just, well, cultish beliefs.

And, here's a fact for you: When Spartacus and his fellow slaves revolted against the Romans and lost, Tacitus (I think?) recorded that people in Rome complained because the crucified slaves lived for a week or more and the noises and smells along the Appian way from the dying slaves - who were abused slaves on the verge of starvation revolted the Romans. Lots of historical references to the slave revolt, Crassus crucified thousands.

So, how does someone in otherwise good healthy die in a day from being put up on a cross? Maybe that person wasn't actually dead when removed from the cross and the whole 'rose from the dead' thing was a sham?

I don't need to pass the paywall to see what it is is about, because I experienced it myself...the beatings for the slightest excuse or none. The whole class being lined up in two rows ( except business peoples sons , naturally!! ) and getting 12 strokes of a cane or stiffened leather strap across the bare hands... then expected to be able to hold a pen and write afterwards, or face 6 more. The brother / teacher sneaking around the classroom, as the students were head down writing or studying, and then the completely unexpected belt across the back of the head. The rows of pictures on the walls, all with the glass cracked or broken from pupils being lifted up, sometimes by the ears, and having their heads smashed against the pictures. The beatings given to "Kiteogs" to stop them writing with their left hands. Yeah, I remember. But it needs to be made clear, all the teachers did it, and it was not exclusively just the religious teachers. Lay teachers, men and women, were every bit as capable of laying into the pupils too, and in some cases, even worse. It was as they say " The times that were in it" and for sure you did not mention it at home But even then not all of them took it to the extreme's that the worst ones did. Sometimes you got beaten because in all honesty, you deserved it. And with some of them lay and religious, their hearts were not really in it. I will always remember one lady ( I use the term advisedly) who was at least as viscous as the worst of the male teachers, and had absolutely no problem with laying into 12,13 or 24 year old boys, who in some cases were bigger then her. But she was helped by the fact that the terror was well ingrained in us. A few week's ago, I met a classmate I had not seen for many years, and we spoke about the school days, and this is what he had to say " What could you learn in a place where every single minute of every hour and day, you were in a state of terror?". He got that right.

But anyway, for the record, Yes the CBS did abuse the kids in their care. And so did the lay teachers, but here on this thread, the venom is reserved for the religious. In my time, I did meet good people in the Irish education system as it was back then, both Lay and Religious. But the difference's between then and now, are indescribable, and incomparable. Sounds strange now to talk about the Cocoa Lady, with the bread and margarine sandwiches coming to the school each morning, to feed kids who had none or not enough food at home, and were hungry.

i was in the CBS late 80's and it was comical at the time, they were down in numbers and hadn't a hope of exerting any authority, it must have looked like Sodom and Gomorrah to them :)

But but... all the schools in question were run by the Criminal Enterprise, so clearly the abuse was by design, don't you agree?

If the same beatings-as-policy were true for the non-denominational schools, (1) the Gardai might've been alerted and (2) there might've been consequences.

But, as these were schools run by the Criminal Enterprise, neither of these things happened. So, if a kid (like yourself?) complained to their parents about the beatings, what happened? "It was for your own good?" Would your parents have confronted Brother McWhacky about it? And, one could argue this is part-and-parcel of the Criminal Enterprise's non-support of Education in Ireland. They were responsible for educating, and they employed people who were immune from consequence of their abuses, both members of the Criminal Enterprise and not.

Really sad country this was back in the day. But, as they say, absolute power corrupts absolutely and nothing could be a better example than the activities of the Criminal Enterprise in Ireland. Fortunately, it's death grip on society, government and education is waning along with it's influence.

• Advertisement

In 1982, corporal punishment was banned in Irish schools. So by the late 80's you would have escaped the worst of it. Lucky you !!! In the school I went to , a good bit earlier than you, it was quite a large school, and the teacher mix would have been about 50 /50 CBS and Lay teachers, men and women and except for the fact that the brothers and nuns wore clerical garb, you would not have been able to tell the difference between them. You could split them into two camps though, the ones who would beat the S**t out of you, without much reason, or even none, and the ones who although they would beat you too, it was generally only when you deserved it. It was not personal or bitter.

If corporal punishment was banned in 1982, when prior to that was it 'deserved?'

As you follow a cult largely driven by Penitential philosophy, I'm not sure you can answer that question, but do give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

You haven't a clue if you think the stacking of the Supreme court with conservative judges leading to reversal of Roe v Wade is down to just the catholic church.

Yes most of the justices are catholic, but who got them there, who voted for the presidents to get them there ?

Hell the most right wing catholics are open minded compared to a fair chunk of christian America.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 33,384 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sure. Your last three responces to me have been:

And your post was what Diddums???? Me Sad? Nope, never felt better, happy out, more than you can say, I think, but fire away anyway, I'm killing time at the moment, watching the grass growing.

WOW... the irony !!! talk about vitriol,,,, didums get the fragile feelings hurt???? Poor you🤣 Reminds me of the Biblical term. Those who see the mote in their neighbors eye, but fail to see the beam in their own ....have look in the mirror, Princess.

Thank God, Princess , I'm very happy to hear that you are not responding. Keep it up !!!😁

If that's not trolling, point out any issue or point that you raised, debated or even replied to.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A reminder - if you cannot be civil do not post. If you do post in an uncivil manner you can expect a threadban and further sanction

So, corporal punishment was right for you? And, would you have been o.k. with it being dealt to your children? Did you do so yourself? I guess this is what Jeebus meant by suffer the children...

And, I don't think you get around much in non-Criminal Enterprise circles. So, your experience is not the rest of the worlds. The RCC is falling. Just can't happen fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

And, if I have expressed any hate, it's been for the Criminal Enterprise, which as you've agreed doesn't represent all Christians. Mostly I've called for its abolishment and removal from Irish Society as a stepping stone to its removal from all human societies. It's a malevolent organization that meets its own definitions of evil.

Same same, rabid anti Catholic Church drivel, No reply needed.

Best post that I've seen from you, ever. Nonetheless, I don't take instructions of any kind from you, but thanks anyway.

• Advertisement

What? Those posts meet the definition of trolling??? Really,??? I doubt it very much Princess, but I'm open to discussion, and I'm sure some one will be along to clarify matters. These comments were my answers to your posts Princess, in as much I felt that they needed to be replied to. But if you like, you can repost what your comment was that I trolled? And I'll have look at it again, OK? Happy?+

Advertisement