Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Note Post #1 - The 2022 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Robson99

Kelly had absolutely nothing to do with it. He was beside Donaghy on the way into the tunnel. Watch the other angles of it. Nugent did nothing either

There should be a long suspension for the eye gouge. The rest of it was just handbags stuff. A lot worse went on out on the field that both the Ref and Linesman turned a blind eye to. Hard to dish out suspensions for the rolling around & pushing abd shoving at the final whistle when they didnt book Walsh & Morgan for it during the game. Ref was afraid to send off a second Armagh player

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cliffyy

My sincerest apologies for the last 3 posts. Meant for threeM.

I am indeed a clown. I'm heading for the circus!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭threeball

Apology accepted. Fair play for holding your hands up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭dunnerc

No way Dublin will hold that Kerry attack , easily the weakest Dublin dsfense in over a decade .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭MacDanger

My main issue is that taking penalties isn't something many footballers do on a regular basis whereas free-taking would be something a lot of IC forwards would do at club level at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭cosatron

this place will be some crack if kerry and dublin goes to penalties with clifford to miss the penalty to put dublin through.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,494 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Afraid to send off a 2nd Armagh player?

That incident was **** blatant. Morgan gets booked and then seconds later you have Walsh on top of him on the ground, hanging on for dear life to make sure the incident lasts long enough so that the ref has to deal with it. Because he knows that the likely result would be 2 yellow cards, which would mean Morgan sent off.

Watch it without bias and its clear as day, Morgan on the bottom trying his damnedest not to have his arms around the neck or do anything that could be seen as aggressive, Walsh laying on top keeping him on the ground.

The only shock is that it didn't work, 9 times out of 10 it would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭asdfg87

The sensible thing to do here is throw the two teams out of the Championship, both teams were involved. The referee should have abonded the game. Bad day for GAA.

Its really nothing to do with the Gardai, the GAA has a serious problem but it will likely continue, a few 48 week bans and we wait for the next boxing match.

In also dont agree with penalties, i think there should be 5 shots for points by different players, option of hand or off ground, if level after 5, maybe 3 penalties each, then sudden death.

Someone mentioned continue untio one two points which also good option. Bit like tennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Robson99

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

To state that there was nothing to that row aside from the eye gouging is well off the mark. You'd do well to go and have a look at the incident again. If you think that's acceptable then you need to think again. That's a large part of the problem. People think, ah sure no one was hurt and therefore what's the harm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I heard that whole "pressure on amateurs" thing on the radio yesterday evening.

Do they think every soccer player is payed a fortune. Amateur games of soccer are settled by penalties every day around the world and it isn't leading to a mental health crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

I have no doubt before the end of the week that the amateur card will also be played by those equivocating on the melee. I remember the Tiernan McCann incident when he went down after his hair was ruffled and by the Thursday afterwards Marty Morrissey or Brian Carty was gravely intoning what an injustice had been done to poor Tiernan.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Golden score would be my preference but a replay a week later would probably end the match sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,988 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Mayo will not win an All-Ireland with Aidan O'Shea anywhere near the team. I have been saying this consistently for quite a few years now and it remains as true as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,839 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

And with no solid 7/10 keeper, plus another forward who has nous. AOS got one good score to be fair. Feck all after that Moran ran show and AOS preferred position supposed to be midfield!

I still maintain that Mayo starting AOS gives the opposing team 4 points up. The fella is a passenger in games. Be different if he took frees or Something. Does not even use his bulk to effect. At this stage he is more myth than legend. Anytime I saw him would nearly only know he was on the pitch when he is called on PA system when he is subbed off!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

Fully agree with above/ whatever about James Horan, if I were mayo fans I’d want O’Shea gone out the gate first mission before the manager

Funny part is I think Horan is a good manager. Rebuilding a team a few times now. It is just Mayo have div 1 backs (arguably best in country) and mostly div 3/4 forwards.

Very frustrating to watch and shout for (like I was yesterday) would drive a fella to drink. When the forwards do the same eejitry stuff over and over. Stupid stuff.

Dropping ball short into opposing keeper hands unforgivable IMO but they did it 4/5 times! Plus they seemed to have forgotten about the mark rule yesterday!

Mod Edit

Warning Issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

Kerry are the most over rated team. Clifford is the only dependable. Moran will start coughing up ball in the midfield as he always does against a good team. Dublin have 10 or 11 players with 6-8 All Ireland medals. Kerry a few lads who scraped one in 2014.

Kerry kept a limited injury struck Mayo in the game for 55min. They're a windy one man team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Maam Cross

That frightening Kerry attack with Moynihan, Stephen O'Brien and Geaney. The same crew who are bottling for years. Where were they against Tyrone last year. Dublin no how to, and will beat those flat track bullies at ease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Maam Cross

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Roy Ferguson

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

TBF you don't normally get banned without a few warnings first he probably ignored the warnings.

To get back on topic I fancy Dublin against Kerry and if you're a gambling man/woman 11/8 is a tasty price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Rosita

Re. the penalty shoot-out, having watched penalties in rugby I can fairly say that at least players going for goals in Gaelic Football is a spectacle because it's a contest between kicker and goalkeeper. Point kicking would be boring.

It probably means I'm in mortal dread of the "soccer crowd" to say this but while it's exciting in the moment, a penalty shootout deprives the public of exciting replay days like Dublin-Mayo (2015) and Kerry-Mayo (2014). I'd say they are rare enough and wouldn't be too disruptive to club competitions when they happen.

Most situations where they happen in soccer seems to be where a replay is totally impractical. Not sure the GAA really needs to suffocate its fixtures so much to render replays impossible. There are worse scenarios than a replay. And just because they are suggested does not mean that penalties are all bad. Yes, there have been bigger prizes decided by penalties (Soccer World Cup finals for example) but that doesn't mean that there are not many on the soccer fraternity who don't think that's less than ideal too.

Money down the drain, I think. If someone wanted an outside shot from the four left Derry are the value IMO. They have an x factor about them. And if Derry would beat Galway IMO, a massive Derry crowd will likely drive on the side v Dublin/Kerry.

Dublin's only hope is to play cagey and pressure Kerry on the ball. Keep scoring with frees etc. Dublin won't hold Kerry for 70, Kerry have more calmness now than they have had in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Whatdoesitmatter

Yerra should at this rate its hardly worth Dublin's time even to turn up. Just give Kerry the walkover

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Booked tickets for myself and my Dad today. We've got our own accounts but out of handiness I used my PayPal for both. In total I've booked 7. I was going to do it on his account as I didn't have two laptops setup like previous games but then the limit was 6. This time though is the first time I've exceeded the as it was 8 the last time. Im sort of worried now there's a chance I'll get the tickets cancelled. I realise the semi final isn't likely to sell out so that's will hopefully stop them worrying about actual scalpers. Should I chill? I believe if I ask Ticketmaster they will have to cancel one ticket as it's been pointed out to them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

MOD NOTE

Yesterday was a rather busy day on the GAA Forum - this in itseslf should be a good thing but unfortunately a few posters lost the run of themselves and wrongly believed that Abuse etc is tolerated.

There are only 2 Active GAA Moderators - both of whom were off line yesterday - the cheek of us!

There were over 1000 posts in the GAA Forum yesterday, so trying to catch up is obviously hard to do. Thank you to those who Reported Posts and made a Moderators job that much easier.

Having trawled through this Thread in particular nearly 30 Warnings/infractions have now been given out and those posts are now edited to show this.

7 Posters have been Banned from the GAA Forum - bans ranging from 2 days to 1 month.

Any issues, as always, please PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭dobman88

James Horan steps down after yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Advertisement