Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Its exactly an ID4 with a slopey roof and a little spoiler 😏

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

It’s identical. in terms of dimensions, a different shaped bumper might make it 1cm longer or shorter, but it’s identical inside. The only difference is the sloping roofline in the back, which may make it appear more sporty, at the cost of rear headroom.

imho appearing more sporty would be a valid argument with a car (e.g. Audi A4 v A5, BMW 3 v 4gc) , but not with a family suv - it’s literally taking away some of the reason to buy it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Had that confirmed today by the dealer- there is no 204hp Business spec available with the grant- the 174hp version just about makes it.

Disappointing there is no 204hp id4 with Matrix LED headlights below 60k

Also when I bought my id3 the price agreed on the car and trade in price was locked in, was told today that any price increase will be passed onto the customer, along with a reduction in trade in value, the customer can have their deposit refunded if they don’t like the price increase. Win win for the dealer.

My valuation on a 191 niro phev also miraculously dropped by €3100 in the space of 2 months- was €25k, now offering 22k, mint, FSH with only 30,000km’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

My valuation on a 191 niro phev also miraculously dropped by €3100 in the space of 2 months

That doesn't make sense though. Secondhand market is going up too and the Niro PHEV is also much more expensive than what it was in 191 so they are burning both ends of the candle there to be hitting you with new price increases and hitting you on trade-in as well.... I'd be shopping around with that response or selling the trade-in privately.

• Advertisement

You had me worried there for a minute.... I bought an GTX business and that was 59k and its now nearly 65k over the grant limit so if they ask me to pay full price now that's an 11,000 increase! they can go f**k themselves. BUT I texted my dealer earlier today asking for any updates on delivery (hoping to be on a boat tomorrow✌️) and he said no update but good news he says the grant has been approved for the car....which means they have submitted it at the 59k price, phew I think I am ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

How long do the boats take :) no word from my dealer today so I assume car hasn't arrived. I'm going to hold out till Wednesday afternoon and message him again. He took details for my grant week before last.

Should only take a day or two Id imagine, if your bus was on the last boat which was over a week ago you should know about it at this stage. I think yours didn't make it last week your dealer said it was in transport if I remember so in theory it is in transit to Ireland.... its just having a few weeks rest on a dock in Germany first before continuing on the journey 😁

My salesman who I text is off for the week so I wont be able to get an update until the weekend if I made this boat or not.

This is what he sent me Friday...

It's on a boat at the minute from the tracker that I have I can apply for a registration as soon as I get invoice from Volkswagen and get a registration sorted early in July before collection

• Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭ted1

1 boat was in on the 22nd https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/PATARA-IMO-9491898-MMSI-218818000

the other on the 16th

both need to go back and reload. , could be another week before they are back.

tgey are the boats used, unless they have changed in the last few weeks

• Advertisement

Ah cool! I remember getting a my first Passat from them a few years ago and the number of stops car has to through to get to the dealer is fascinating. Gets a taken off the ship maybe in Cork then goes to a central storage yard near Dublin then goes to the dealer this can all take 2 weeks.

Cheers at a guess I'd say mine might have been on the 22nd.. not the end of the world if it doesn't make this week. Dealer was very confident he'd have next week just might be touch and go for this Friday.

speaking to a local dealer friend just this weekend, the 2nd hand market is coming back to earth for sure and cars priced at a premium aren’t selling as quickly as a few months ago.

Inflation, higher interest rates & recession fears are obvious reasons - for both car buyers and garages alike

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Doesn’t seem to have stopped dealers selling at premium prices unfortunately..would it be fair to say that there is a finite amount of people who can drop 55k on a now poorly spec’d id4 (dx offerings) or similar priced offerings from Kia and Hyundai that all crept up to the 55k grant limit ? Or is there enough to keep the current surge going ? 55k is a huge amount of money by most peoples standards.

Those sale prices are in the past, and the market, like all markets, work in a sine wave. We’re on a down slope according to my friend.

To your other point, it’s only natural for there to be a finite number of people who can drop €50-60k on a new car.

think about the real numbers - there’s ~2.5m private vehicles in the country, and 80-100k new cars sold every year; i.e. just 4% of owners buy a new car each year (people with multiple cars muddys the water, but I’m assuming it’s a corner case).

of those new cars, the avg price is going to be far lower than €50k, when you look where the volume is (Corolla, Tucson, fiesta, cr-h etc etc) ….

all of which means probably 1-2% of car owners are spending €50-60k+ on a new car each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Spotted a 211 1st edition for sale asking €50k, private seller, 35,000km on the clock

IIRC that car was around €42k new, doesn't look like any sign of the market calming down to me, at least on the EV front.

With fuel prices through the roof the interest in EVs has never been higher. I've had 2 people recently asking me about my experience with the ID.4 and saying they were thinking of buying one in the near future

EDIT: I see Divanes in Kerry is selling a 1st Max for nearly €70k, that car was under €57k new

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

quick update from my dealer.. not sure if he's on the ball but he says my car should be due into port today. From the ships tracking im pretty sure there isnt a boat on its way for today? Anyway he seems to think they will have it early next week. Just means a week later collection for me on the 14th... away next week

Listing and selling are two very very different things.

I’ve a few private 192 Tesla SR+ ads saved for months and months, all ads still being renewed weekly on carzone - all listed around their list price from 3 YEARS ago!, previous to the battery and MIC updates

the fella with the 211 for €50k is literally chancing his arm. Once these cars stop finding buyers at ‘overs’ you know the market is topping out.

Fair point, a lot of those cars asking a premium are probably selling for less. But if you're selling a car for the same price you bought it a year or two ago then that's still a sign of a seriously constrained market. It also creates more demand since buying an EV is seen as a good investment, at least when compared to a big 3 litre diesel BMW

I think you're right that things will loosen up a bit between increased supply and people being slightly more wary with big purchases. However there's still very strong demand for EVs which is way ahead of supply, so I don't expect any price drops in the next year or two, most likely just price increases and 0% depreciation

True, and to compound that, the person who needs to change their car will want to future-proof it as we get closer to 2030-35 and is more likely to go EV.

A concern with the ID4 is that I very nearly bought the €40k 52kw model when it was released first, and as it turned out it would’ve been a terrible winter range for my use. buyers of the 52kw wont lose money on that car today, simply because of price increases and inflation, but in e.g 5 years time when the new ID4 is doing 650km(or whatever), I wonder will these early low range ID4’s end up like we view a Leaf or a Fluence today. It’s not just the 52kw ID4, there’s lots of others in the same situation - probably not, as there’s a buyer for every day, although plenty of those early €40k e-golfs, Niro’s and Kona’s have depreciated a lot since 2019 (albeit as much as the ice)

• Advertisement

I think it'll be a bit of a mixed bag for the smaller battery EVs, they certainly won't have 0% depreciation, but I think as a lot of 2 cars households buy a big battery EV, they'll be thinking of replacing any additional cars with an EV.

A lot of folks jumping from ICE automatically assume they need the biggest battery possible, but after driving an EV for a while they realise they can get by just fine with a smaller battery most of the time.

So the Leaf40s, ID4 52kWh and other smallish battery EVs will be the 2nd cars of the future I think, and this demand will still exist for those cars

I think they'll maintain a premium over their ICE equivalents, but as you say you won't be selling the car for a profit unless you get very lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

I was quoted 36K to go from my ID3-1st plus (22,000km) to the tech ID4 with Aug/Sep delivery - Still in 2 minds as need the bigger car but 36K. the same Tech was 10K cheaper when it was released 18 months back..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ahem 32k for the 52Kwh 🤫 We plan to upgrade every 3 years.

monday to Friday we charge to 80% and rarely go below 50%.

having had it in winter yet, but V3 should increase winter range

Volkswagen ID.4 GTX Business 77kw Immediate Deliv for sale in Louth for €67,750 on DoneDeal

Just browsing the ads myself and this GTX business is nearly €15,000 more than I have paid for my GTX business 4 months ago (late Feburary) this year after the grant.....world is gone mad...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

I’ll believe it when I see it….

Dear ID. Driver,

We announced in June with information about the ID.Report Software 2.4 Update. So much in advance: We are ready to go!

Today, we have provided our markets with comprehensive information that will be passed on to all service partners in the coming days. On Friday, the 1st July, we will provide the first public information on the concrete next steps and start dates here in the ID. Drivers Club.

We look forward to bringing you all up to date!

Your Volkswagen ID. Team

The following message has just been published in the ID Drivers Club:

Hello everyone,

As agreed, we are back with good news about the ID card. Software 2.4 Update. This is how it works:

The invitation process will begin in July - please note that due to the limited service partner capacity, the appointment invitations will be sent in waves.

Who invites me to the service promotion?

Depending on the country, you will be invited either by your importer directly or by your service partner. Regardless of who you receive the invitation from, you are free to choose your service partner when making an appointment. The invitation also contains a link/code with further information about the software update.

Please do not proactively contact your service partner to make an appointment, as we have only just started the internal communication process - so please give them time for the technical preparations before starting the invitation process.

What can I expect?

The new 12-volt battery is even more robust thanks to lower internal resistance and improved electrolyte behavior and in conjunction with the new ID. Software 2.4 has a longer service life.

With the ID. Software 2.4 and the optimized heat conduction included, energy consumption at cold outside temperatures can be reduced and thus the range can be increased. How? The switch-on threshold for battery heating is lowered from 8°C to 0°C and at the same time gradually heated. Thus, battery heating consumes significantly less energy on short trips.

After the "Pitstop" at the service partner, your ID. is then ready for the next big update: the ID. Software 3.0 over the air.

Further information about the service campaign:

The service campaign is expected to last one day. Free replacement mobility is provided.

Not updated yet on the Irish website, but is on the Dutch site

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

It works anyways. Got a couple of "take over steering" messages when driving local today. I'll see how it goes over a longer drive tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TeaServer

Has anyone here collected an ID4 in recent weeks that still has the older SW? I would have thought newly delivered cars would have the update and new battery in place?

Can anyone confirm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I get them frequently enough and I don't have Travel Assist.

Advertisement