Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Note Post #1 - The 2022 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭briandebum

It'll never happen but I reckon Horan would be the perfect manager to take over Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭dobman88

You're hearing from hard core Kerry fans that an all Ireland semi final against Dublin could be over at half time?

That's complete and absolute nonsense. So yes, I think different.

I expect kerry to win every game they play. I expected them to win the 1st game in 2019 but was resigned to the replay being a bridge too far. I expected them to beat Cork 2020. I expected them to beat Tyrone last year.

We have high expectations in Kerry and this team have failed to reach them apart from 2019 maybe tbf.

Anyone saying this could be over by half time is a delusional moron but I don't believe anyone has actually said that to you and you're just on a little wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,839 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭Xander10

To be honest, I was speaking to them after the Kerry league win and they were euphoric. And when Dublin got relegated from Div 1 they were posting on Facebook, their glee at the demise of Dublin and the embarrassment of becoming a Div 2 side.

Didn't speak to them since the weekend but would assume they are still cock- a -hoop about the outcome for the semi final.

League div1 football is a yardstick whether you like it or not. It is a real barometer in form for teams like Kerry and Dublin. In provinces which provide little but run outs most of the time.

You mention these Dublin ‘new lads’ how many is there? And how many from outside dublin name any without Googling them? That is the real tell tale sign. There is no up and coming Dublin player those outside Dublin are talking about.

I think Dublin might give it a go for 10-20 minutes. Play cagey. But gradually Kerry will pull away, with Rock chipping in frees but little else. Kerry by 8. Plus I think Kerry will get at least one goal maybe two. Con only Dublin’s hope for a goal.

As for the Galway v Derry game. With Galway conceding the same type of goal three times v Armagh. Would have to favour Derry to ‘out goal’ Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

So you've gone from hearing from hard core Kerry fans that this game will be over by half time, to actually not having spoken to them at all, in the space of 2 posts. My original thoughts of you on a little wind up and my reply of 😂😂 stands.

As it may. But you certainly don't see, nay read and heed any posts.

You're obviously not hardcore enough. Living in Mordor will do that to you.

• Advertisement

If that's the nonsense that the hard-core lads are coming out with, I'm happy to not be one.

Mordor, accurate tbf. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Tally has brought a structure to Kerry's defence that was lacking in recent years. They were serious question marks about the spine back there especially, but now they are a lot tougher to break down, and a bit like Mayo, have backs willing to bomb forward like Tom O'Sullivan and White.

Still though, everything will hinge on the availability or otherwise of Con and McCarthy, and the health of Clifford. I would love to see a Kerry-Galway final though.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,017 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Those Kerry lads have very short/bad memories. Didn’t they hammer Tyrone in the league last year and look how that worked out in the Championship. Do they never learn?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

First thing Croke Park need to do is teams in dressing rooms on opposite sides of each other, no temptations at half time for trouble, second thing each team given a set number of players and management for the game and everyone else up in the stand, and last a TMO/ Var to help the ref to get the calls right and this will cut out a lot of off the ball fouling.

the ref needs to in control of the games more and needs the linemen and umpires to help more in getting the calls right, AOS got a black card yesterday for what he has being getting away with for years, telling the ref how to do his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭asdfg87

what a load of rubbish, what are you talking about, read what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Two very difficult semi finals to call and the match odds back that up. Hopefully the two semi finals are won without the need of another penalty shootout. League results count for little come championship, Tyrone v Kerry showed that last year.

Out of interest can you name the 6 "top class forwards" Defensive set up improving rapidly yet have conceded 5-34 in the last two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Maybe if this lad had been dealt with properly , eye gouging would be a thing of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Sorry but all this blaming the dressing room is a load of nonsense.

Is it too much to ask that grown adults can walk off a pitch without assaulting each other and trying to rip each other's eyeballs out.

The only thing that caused a fight was idiots who are guilty as sin. Nothing else is to blame.

I totally agree thats just to divert away from the real problem, the gaa need to tidy up the game, any off the ball contact automatic yellow card, deliberate strike red. We even see the contact before the ball is thrown in that there is pushing and shoving, also when a sub comes on there will be the same carry-on. It is a contact sport and i have absolutely no problem with the physical stuff when people are competing for posession.

I noticed on Sunday there was loads of incidents that RTE did not show, there was one in perticular that they mentioned but did not zoom in so people could see. It was clear to me with about 15 mins to go Armagh got physical as the game was slipping away. It nearly worked but it was principally the Galway goalkeepers fault as he was the cause of all 3 of Armagh goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Treble double

Kelly, Tierney, Heaney,

Finnerty, Comer, Walsh.

Derry will have there hands full trying to keep tabs on the above and won't be able to flood defenders up the field like they did against Clare.

That Galway defence well capable of coping with McGuigan and Vernon.

Glass is a beast in the middle of the field but Galway are no slouches in that department with Conroy and McDaid.

I can only see one winner. I think observers are getting carried away with Derry winning an overhyped Ulster Championship and hammering a Clare team that have lost a number of their best players to hurling.

Galway were coasting to victory against Armagh. Armagh then resorted to physicality and cynical play against some of Galways main men to stem the tide. I'm not knocking them for that you do what you have to do. It almost worked combined with a few brain farts from Galway. But coming through that will steel Galway if and when Derry apply similar tactics.

If Dublin don't beat Kerry, I think Derry v Kerry would be a tasty final. Kerry would mince that Galway defence. Derry are much smarter at that side of the game, plus seem to have pace all over the place.

I know some will say Derry only beat Clare, but it was the manner they did it that was really impressive. Plus any team who comes out of that Ulster cauldron is seriously battle hardened.

Jayus I don't know how you can have faith in that Galway defence. They basically conceded the same goal three times in the same game. And that McGuigan fella would get into most sides in the country as far as I am concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Indeed in 3 proper championship games that Galway have had they've conceded in 70 minutes 0-16 2-16 and 2-14 those are big scores to be shipping compared to Derry in 4 games have conceded 0-10 0-17 1-12 and 2-8.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

And once against Roscommon too.

I had little faith in Galway before the game, but they have improved a little with every game, McDaid is a serious operator, is having a serious championship, very talented if his current form is a true reflection of his ability. He's made a huge difference.

One thing for sure those AFL scouts have an eye for player, they don't bring over too many dud players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Galway were a bit of an unknown quantity going into the Armagh game but they were excellent for 60 minutes but their goal keeper is a huge problem, he is very poor for this level. He alone almost cost them the game. They need to sort this out quick.

It would be funny to see them go on and win an AI from nowhere after their neighbours have been through hell and back for a decade trying to win one and ultimately fail.

To win All Irelands you need a spread of top class forwards. That's why Mayo haven't been able to get over the line. Galway have the forwards that's why I give them a big chance. They have defensive issues that they are working on. You can manufacture a defensive system but you can't manufacture scoring forwards.

Derrys convoluted system of play is created to maximise their best attributes and compensate what they are lacking in which is a spread of scoring forwards.

I think this is what going to cost them in the semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Depending on injuries and suspensions if Galway avoid both then I think they will beat Derry. I know Derry are battle hardened and playing well but so are Galway at this stage. I was surprised by there grit against Armagh. Ya there goalie could have a howler but Croke Park suits them more than Derry. While a lot is made about other pit he's being larger than CP, people forget that CP is a very fast pitch. It's also completely level.

If it's a dry day Galway by 3 points.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

Will the new GAA ombudsman be on the firld for all matches, tough job, maybe Conor for the boys and Katie for the girls.

It must be realluy embarassing for GAA admin.

Advertisement