Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭148multi

No real growth here in roscommon either, very blustery today, just started raining now. Lads wanting to get ground back into the grazing platform. Sort of hit and run silage season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭straight

It's only silage lads. Got caught myself this year. Was waiting for the contractor all week and wasn't going to be the asshole shouting at him. Went in wet. Plenty effluent. No one died. Plenty bulk and massive recovery for aftergrass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

I don't understand how this year is being compared to 2012, the weather must be vastly different up the West and North? Bit cooler than we'd like for June and it's luck of the draw whether you get silage in dry or get a few heavy showers, but ground is like Iron. If anything, we need more rain down South as its drying off as fast as it falls.

Iirc 2012 rained here, heading to the merchants the last day I noted the local river is so low as to see sand so it's pretty low. One thing I will say, it's cold for the time of year, consistently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Ground has never got badly wet here since 18. We always had a lough in one of the fields never actually went dry until 18. Hasn't filled up since after heavy rain even in the winter it drains within a day. Did notice that although we are in the middle of June we haven't had a trip to the beach and haven't taken the jumper off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Lit the fire tonight. There is a cool North West blustery wind blowing and it's just started to drizzle. Not great weather considering it's the Summer Solstice on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Super day today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭DBK1

Best day of the year so far here in the midlands. Just off the tractor from a whole day baling hay and it was all in super order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

What does everyone use here for weather? I've been rained off twice in the past two months and have lost the day due to rain. Last Friday was a prime example. Checked met.ie on weds and all was good for a few days, on the Friday it rained from 8 to 1pm and it was heavy at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Use YR weather and Met Eireann and if it’s an important week for weather watch BBC farming forecast on Sunday.

Very heavy rain all day in Mayo.Ground had dried out a fair bit especially with dry days early in the week but this will wet them again!

Growth rate well improved for last 10 days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Very heavy rain forecast here tomorrow. Are young calves ok out in that rain? Like 3/4 weeks. It’s been dry here practically since they were born.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

I would bring them in, the cold rain is too much of a shock to their system after a such a warm spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

Leave them out, a warm shed with wet cattle is a hotbed for every virus going. Calves once they have a full belly of milk can withstand a blizzard nevermind a drop of Summer rain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭I says

Lashing down here. Middle of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 peckypiper

Lots of thunder and lightning with heavy rain in cavan

Raining, windy, no such luck to have something as interesting as thunder & lightning

Very windy, not much rain

• Registered Users Posts: 10,806 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

It was wintery cold here yesterday. Today not much better. I was looking at Windy.com yesterday and the wind we are getting is from the Artic. It blows down by north Norway, over Iceland and then straight down, turns east and in over the country. I don't think I've ever heard of wind blowing like that before. Crazy for this time of year.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Brightening up nicely here now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

A few heavy showers after dark but yard drying out again with the wind. Yellow warning a bit much maybe. No sign of damage in fields from cows huddling anyway but it was well dry before that

Anyone get sunburnt

No cause I wore factor 50 and stayed in the house from about 12.30 until 7.30pm. Just back in now after finishing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭White Clover

It was a really good day today with a lovely warm breeze too. A few weeks of this would be a top job.

This hot out there, stay safe and hydrated everyone.

The van is parked in the shade with the windows and rear doors open

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭valtra2

I will see your 31

and raise you this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Silverdream

Is it just me or is it really hot here (Co. Clare) this morning. I had to go in out of the heat a while ago and it was only 10am

Advertisement