Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TESLA7

Never got put away haha I've a leather jacket / hoody thing that's great for keeping warm & the rain out that's usually retired from April onwards to October, wear it everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

This morning is grim alright. It hasn’t been too bad here in south east. Not that warm but very dry. But today is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

This morning really beats banagher altogether! Wet windy dark miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭OldRio

Awful night. Wind and rain. This morning is just repeating the night. Desperate stuff altogether. Muck.

Co. Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭appledrop

They are actually no words to describe this morning, for once I'm speechless looking out that window on 28th June🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lovely morning in Cork now 😀 Why does it always seem to be the opposite to everywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ascophyllum

Strong winds and non stop rain on the west coast this morning, 14° but feels a lot cooler

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Windy with grey skies and constant drizzle......typical Irish summer morning.

Come on now think positively, I will actually get my walk in today, it will be around a shopping centre buying suncream etc for my holidays to get away from this godforsaken country. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭adocholiday

The weather in Wicklow Town this morning is just ridiculous. It's bucketing down with 70kmph gusts. Such a dreary and dismal summer so far.

Someone said a few posts back that they've only had dinner on the patio once this year and that's definitely similar to my experience. I'm still in jeans and long sleeves most of the time and our garden furniture is still in the shed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Global warming!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ozvaldo

cork city-showers and a gust of wind up your ghoulies-absolute pish

last night was dreadful aswell

That's why that had to change the wording to climate change because it made no sense in Ireland😉

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

As the old saying goes, it would be a great little county if you could put a roof on it.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

even with a roof we'd still have no sunshine and it would be cold, in feckin' summer, and the roof would eventually blow away

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

We could invest in some of those UV lamps they use in sunbeds, it'd be the finest.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

You can only laugh at this stage. Absolute write off of a "summer" so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

I have home and away on sky q record, we can watch summer on tv anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Absolutely horrendeus morning here in Meath, cold wet and plenty of surface water. Ireland is getting the raw end of the stick this June with the weather, much like the way we did throughout summer of 2020. The Brits like to moan about their 'bad weather' but in reality they don't even know the meaning of a bad summer till they spend 3 months in Ireland and experience what an Irish summer is like where getting a few hours of sunshine or temperatures over 18C is a struggle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sorry to say that I love these type of days....during the working week....as I can get lots of work done without FOMO! Very productive today!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Following up on this post, the national running average wind speed to 27th June for 2022 is 9.1 kts. Here's how that compares to Junes since 2010 nationally from windiest to calmest.

2017 9.7 kts

2015 9.4 kts

**2022 9.1 kts**

2020 8.8 kts

2019 8.5 kts

2012 8.5 kts

2011 8.3 kts

2013 8.2 kts

2021 8.0 kts

2016 7.3 kts

2018 6.9 kts

2010 6.9 kts

2014 6.7 kts

The 71-00 average for June is ~8.6 kts - give or take there is some margin of error in this figure. It is more an approximation than an exact figure due to missing averages for some stations. Nonetheless, can clearly see again 2022 will be a windier than average month.

About as non-summery as ya can get here in Dublin last night and this morning. Pouring rain overnight, it was proper heavy for a time locally and windy then further rain this morning and gloomy. Drier now whilst still windy and cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭sporina

where in Cork are you? twas horrendous this am when I woke at 7.. better now though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

20.1c is our high for 2022 so far in Sligo.

The last year I remember being this cold was 2011 or 2012 when 22.5c was our high. Every other year we have had higher than 24c up to 31c.

Wonder does Sryan have any details on the coldest year for max temperatures recorded in the Northwest. I only started taking stock of it in 2005 and this year is in 1st place for Jan to June low max.

Maybe July or August will beat the 22.5c but as we saw in 2011 once a NW slider Summer gets stuck it's very hard to move.

I'd say the Azores high will make a few pushes but keep getting pushed South so only Munster and Leinster will be drier and warmer in July

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Durty oul morning. Hopefully some sparks this afternoon as a reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I find myself unseasonably trudging into the weather forum. Can only mean one thing 😔😪

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Galway here, since last Friday, not one hour has passed without at least a two minute shower ,today is especially blustery, squally showers every twenty minutes with good drying in between

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I hate it when the sun comes out between the showers, and you can feel the heat. Its like its toying with you.

"Here I am, but enjoy the next 10mins, cos I'll be leaving again soon".

• Advertisement

It has brightened up here in NCD and stopped raining but really with that wind we are at nothing.

Advertisement