Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPRN Number

Options
  • 27-08-2015 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

I live in a house that is separated into flats, the landlord was in during the week sorting out the flat beneath me for new tenants and he asked me for the MPRN. He said the new tenants needed it. So I gave it to him.

But would two different flats have the same MPRN, we have a separate meters so how could they be the same? The guy is renting the house years so I don't understand what he was up to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Are the meters beside each other? Is it possible he didn't know which meter belonged to which flat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Might have been trying to find the correct address on ESB Networks' database - I've seen similar in multi-tenant commercial buildings

THere may have been a redundant MPRN on the listing for the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 topaha

Hi folks,

Rather than start a new thread i thought i'd drop my query in here.

What is the process for obtaining an MPRN for a new build? Our local ESB area rep has said we'd get it off a supplier when we sign up with one but surely we need to have a connection and certification (which would need an MPRN) before a supplier comes on the scene?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Ronney

The builder should give it to you when you close the sale. They usually will have set up an account with a service provider already. They should take a meter reading agreed with you and then close their account. If you haven't an alternative set up ESB will cut you off in a day or two

Advertisement