Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society (Round 6) Dundrum House Golf Club (Co. Tipperary) (16th July 1032 hrs)

Options
  • 25-06-2022 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭

OK all - as it is summer said I'd post a reminder for next outing. This is a course we have gone to before - and very impressive layout in fairly mature undulating grounds.

It was designed by our Ryder Cup player Philip Walton. I looked a bit more into it on the forum - and It was also the location for the first ever Boards Golf Society outing. So will be interesting who posts - that was actually at that outing. This could be our 4th visit ?

Things are getting a bit clearer now in the GOTY race , and jug team race. With 3 events to go - guys outside the top 20 need to make a move here, as - guys in the team will make strong moves towards the 600 point mark.

The name of this course is a bit confusing - be careful you do not confuse it with Tip Town - stick with Dundrum and you should be fine - it is an early start and it is a good bit into Tip.

Hopefully we get near the 30 slots we have booked - time sheet will open Monday 1900 hrs (Don't forget the 2s) - and no bloody fairway finder - exhibitions - putting competitions under a bright night - drones - drinking - Reps - or getting lost in Bray.

We Might try this (Joke)

Thread for a previous outing .

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yay, a course that's only...3 hours from me :/

I'll definitely try and make this, though not 100% sure yet. Away in Sligo for 3 days of golf the following week, so may need to do some negotiating to get away for this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Looking forward to returning here. Lovely setting from recollection and a very nice layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Glad to see the group heading to my own home course. Just been a member there for a few years but I find it a lovely course. There are some refurb works being carried out at the moment with a few tee boxes being moved and brand new driving range being built but it’s in lovely condition. I had hoped this year to participate in the society but real life intervened unfortunately. Hopefully I might make this one if a guest spot opens. If you need any information about the place then let me know.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Only played it the once, looking forward, bring good weather

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

A visitor spot has come up at every outing...so we will keep you in mind ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Play Dundrum a lot (member in Tipperary)

Nice course - Tough course and long-ish depending on what tees you use

Enjoy it for the price because from next year prices will treble when the new hotel is ready and course refurbs are done

Post edited by callaway92 on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Really looking forward to going back to Dundrum, I’ve played it twice but it’s a good few years ago now. Not an easy course but if you drive well, you will score well. Must dig out my notes and see have I any pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Disappointed to be missing out on this one, but watching the big guns tee it up at St Andrews will soften the blow 😃. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭bobster453

Tough track for those of us mere mortals who dont send the ball a mile.

But really really great course.

Tee choice will be key here.646 yds diff between blue and white overall.

953 yds between blue and green.

Looking forward to it.

We would never be playing the blue - but on balance this year - forward tees have had a good run. It is mid July and we will likely play whites in this one. The people who want to play whites all the time - deserve at least one from tees not forward.

• Advertisement

Timesheet will now be live tomorrow afternoon....

Captains Prize is in Greystones on the 16th so I'll likely not be making the Trip to Tipp 😒

Time sheet will be open at 1900 hrs...

Seve might struggle to make jug , big faller to LIV tour....the Sergio of the Boards team......

If only someone would pay me a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Did you get a new putter yet. I though it was going to fly as high as the drone in Greystones . Having taken a few putts with it , I could why the urge is there.🚮

I love my putter.

only a bad work man blames the tools.

🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

all booked in now for this. had to get the latest time possible as i've a work event on friday evening and the last thing i need is to be leaving for Tipperary at 8am on a Saturday morning with a massive hangover 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

It looks like I'll need to miss this one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Sorry lads, I only signed up last night and today Junior Cup match arranged for 16th, Im managing this so ill have to pull out..Played DH a lot a few years back and stayed there and its a great test of golf

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭zocklie

Would this be opening up to visitors? Would love to get an outing on such a nice course

• Advertisement

We will review with a week to go zocklie and depending on how members fill the available slots, we will open at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Not looking good for me on this one, playing Druid's Heath on the Friday and it's my 40th on the Sunday, so don't think I'll be able to fit in the Trip to Tipp '22.

Sorry to miss it lads, as was looking to put in a late run for the Jug!

Really want to make Tullamore as it's one of my favourite courses in Ireland. However, it's the same day as our Captain's Prize, but I'm yet to make the final day, so there's every chance I'll be in Offaly!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Give me a shout if you want to play Tullamore any weekend or the Monday open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

The home of my first boards win 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

You and Golfgraffix will be looking to become repeat winners there then?

Am I the only one that can claim multiple society wins at the same venue? I've 2 wins at Gowran (no doubt Seve, Tiger and CharlieIRL have multiple win venues)

Think I’ve won 3.

Palmerstown House

Naas

The European

I note the winner @ Dundrum the year I was captain was recycled who is not playing with us this year. I think this will be our 4th visit to Dundrum and must surely be the most played venue after Portmarnock Links

I keep meaning to review past events and summarise locations and winners. I’ll get to it soon, be interesting to browse over I’m sure

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭SEORG

Won't make this one...over in St. Andrews

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭boccy23

Sorry guys, can't make this one as on hols. Enjoy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Booked in for this one, and looking forward to it now. Wasn't sure i'd make it as i'm away the following week, but all good now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Concerned2

Added myself to the timesheet. I played Dundrum about 18 years ago , I have vague memories of the course being very long. All the big hitters should be short odds for this one ! I'm just back from Holidays in Portugal so I couldn't get the time off for the last outing but I did get some warm weather golf in while I was away ☀️🏌️🍺

Advertisement