Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Loved the gigs tho, Weezer and FOB were perfect for getting the crowd in and going, seemed fairly full by 7pm.

Green Day have superb energy, loved the set, pretty much a rehash of the American Idiot tour really, lots of the same bits they've been doing for years, can't believe they're still doing the Shout thing, probably a bit dated for those who listen to the Live album they did from that tour, but went down well for those that saw them for the first time.

In all, it was exactly what I hoped the nostalgia tour would be. Nothing really from the newer albums, played the hits and got the crowd going. Gold Circle well worth the extra tenner. By Setlist it was about 16 Weezer and FOB songs, 21 GReen day so over 50 songs and 5 hours of music for the night, worth the money

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Fall Out Boy, what the heck was the house about?

’enjoying the show, really getting into the swing of it? Yeah, good. Let’s break the whole flow and bring out a house for the drummer to sit upon for 2 songs and then bring it off again.’

• Registered Users Posts: 48,234 ✭✭✭✭km79

Forgot to say that the gold circle was well well worth the tenner !

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Ya thought the venue itself was OK. Not much queuing for anything and lots of space for everyone. Getting in and out of the place seemed to be a disaster for a lot of people. I got the Marathon bus from Custom House Quay. Took about 1 hour 40 minutes to get there from town. Marathon doesn't control the traffic so my only gripe really was the bus was like a furnace. I was up the front for Weezer but hung around the back for Fall Out Boy and Green Day. As soon as Green Day finished their last song I made my way back to the bus and was on one in about 15 minutes. Marathon had people directing the crowd at exit. Good thing as I had started walking off in the wrong direction.

Post edited by Nigel Fairservice on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Daft question, those who used the bars, was it card only or was cash also an option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

The absolute clusterfcuk that was the queue to join the queue, only to be told to join a queue at college road, along with the mess going in and out of the mens toilet are on the left and side of the stage (where I'm actually surprised nobody was hurt) aside, that was some gig. Hadn't seen FOB since 2006, and had never seen Weezer or Green Day. Great show, but somebody needs to have a word with MCD for sure.

EDIT: Leaving at the end, did they have no budget for a bit of lighting? And the entire squad of yellow vests just clung to the railings, nobody giving any kind of direction for a mass of humanity stumbling around in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Defo at least 1 of them were cash, the one near the meeting point on the left when you arrived into the arena

What road do you use to get into the car park? Haven't driven there before but am shortly. Leaving in about an hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Their whole artistic presentation was confusing. The house, the video at the start and end, the stage props, the bass player pretending to be Fred Durst and sing in the crowd at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Great gig....shambles of an event though. Spent an hour and a half queing whereas my friends just walked in

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jimbob93

Does anyone know if they had plastic covering underfoot in the Gold Circle or standing area. Just wondering if i would getaway with wearing Converse or bringing waterproof boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭s8n

bring boots, you might look "cool" in converse but you will have wet feet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

Ground was perfect for shoes yesterday definitely not wet. I'm not sure of it rained much after in Dublin though. The pre paid car park was very handy for getting in, didn't have any issues with ques getting in. Had a perfect spot got in time for Weezer. Bit of a delay getting out of the car park alright bit that was to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Haha, it was my third time seeing Fall Out Boy, Pete always sings with the crowd during the last song, on the album version he does the backing vocals for that song. So it’s just tradition at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Overall I think the gig was great. I was lucky to get in early and catch the full show including Amyl & The Sniffers. Not a big fan of FOB so I watched from afar while having my burger. First time seeing Weezer and they put on a great show. Need to see them again on a proper headliner for sure. Lost count of the number of times I've seen Green Day and they just keep getting better. When you think they're winding down the show they just pull another big one out.

Great selection of food stands there and plenty of bars. Big queues but moving fast.

Crowd management at the entrance was absolutely shocking. I think it was down to not only too few staff but also non-trained staff. One lad standing next to where I was admitted to a few people that he hadn't a notion what was going on. It was his first day and they had him next to the entrance. Basically he ended up leaning on a fence and rolling a cigarette.

That one was grand, a big queue but flowing well. They'd pull a new bus up to the queue fill it and then another would roll up. Driver was sound and dropped one or two people on the way back into town. I made it to custom house quay for about 12.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,335 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Out of interest

Did they have wrist bands for Golden Circle ticket holders?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

They did and it was great in the circle def worth the extra tenner, I hadn't realised I had bought them till I got to the entrance then was glad I did once in

• Advertisement

Yeah definitely worth it. Plenty of room inside the Gold Circle, and much better view.

Nice blast of heat from the fire things that FOB had

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

I was kicking myself that I didn't get them. I think I got whatever was available honestly. Thankfully have gold circle for chilli peppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,234 ✭✭✭✭km79

Green Day headlining “When we were young “ festival in Las Vegas next October along with blink 182 , the offspring , good Charlotte and many others

they are also releasing 25th anniversary edition of Nimrod

They could be back yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I hope they're back. This event last year was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Didn't expect them to come back when I posted this. Buzzing.

Advertisement