Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Happy to report that the missus is still alive :)

Could this be the answer to increasing fuel prices ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Aaagh safety!. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

"Coming for a beer?"

"I have work tomorrow ... I'll have one, phuket!"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Home office, research proposal I was working on all weekend finally finished yesterday morning (yaay!!) and now working on another paper whilst I prepare for an exam board meeting via Zoom this afternoon.

Absolutely rotten weather out there this morning. 🌨️☔️☔️

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Another trip around the inner universe with the psychologist, eek etc.

Suncream on and out for walkies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Suncream 🤣 you should do stand up, Grem 🤣🤣

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Foraged my salad lunch from the garden, baby potato, mixed lettuce, spring onion, chives, sorrel, tomato, cucumber, grated courgette and carrot, sugar snap peas. Added some smoked salmon but now I realise I could have hunted for some insects, a la Smurfjed.

Shopping bill will be greatly reduced for the next few months. One forgets the cost of growing your own and it is so fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭gifted

Why do I feel the need on some days to open my mouth and completely put my foot in it.....15 seconds of talking and now I'm sitting here thinking ...shite why did I ha e to open my mouth?

I can't even think of a suitable reply,I'm in the dentist's waiting room, shaking like a leaf, they're running way behind time and prolonging the agony, think I'll just bolt and put up with the pain. 🙁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What’s sorrel? Ive never heard of it, Duvet, gifted will bake you some lovely appetisers 🍔🥩🍳

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's more than appetizers I need Auto, on antibiotics for an absess, even a sausage roll won't help me.🙄 The thought of work tomorrow ffs, roll on Friday.

😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Sorrel is a herb but you probably know it as narrow leaved dock, a weed growing in pasture. As children we used to pick it in fields and that was the source of my plants many moons ago, but now it’s available in garden centres. Has a slightly bitter taste and a great addition to a salad. A slightly fancier reddish variety is also available.

Grows very quickly so always available.

Sitting in bed feeling sorry for meself.. Bloody pain is bad today.

My type of rainy day, with bar snacks

Get a cert for the rest of the week.

Seriously, you're unwell and need to recover.

You haven't lived if you haven't visited Asia. The food is just amazing

Irish H&S would go crazy trying to control these street stalls

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Oh, you have my sympathies. Just had a tooth removed today after being treated for an abcess. It's a very nasty dose. You are in pain, on heavy duty antibiotics with side effects and strong painkillers. Your body is trying to fight a very nasty and potentially serious infection. You are ill and need to rest. Dose yourself up on pain meds and get your head down so sleep can help the healing process.

I'm doing a lot better now the infected tooth has gone, but still sore enough.

• Advertisement

Thanks Sardi, absolutely wiped out, those antibiotics are strong. On a side note everybody seems wrecked at the moment, had a conversation about it today with a really mixed age group, some think it might be due to the vaccine/ boosters, some think that after lockdown we're not able for the pace of life atm and others think we may all have low immunity to bugs due to masks etc. others think it's due to the bad weather, dull days etc. I was thinking it was old age taking over but even the youngsters are feeling it. Anyway the week is dragging, roll on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭gifted

Did it again......opened my mouth and made a prize langer out of myself.....couldn't keep it shut again ffs 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Couchside watching Greys Anatomy and absolutely wrecked tired 🥱

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In the pit or leaba. Whatever ya fancy. Had a delightful dinner of pork chops, Greek style with a side salad. Rain lashing down here. Snug as a bug listening to it. Let it pour down until I'm out in it! A beer would be nice right now, but alas, not to be. Gonna find a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Not long home after being put to see some friends off as they move to the big schmoke (Tirana).

Was sitting on my balcony and heard a loud bang. Turns out a hotel about a mile away was bombed. Thankfully little damage and no one injured as its one being constructed and isn't finished yet.

I know this will sound dramatic, but I am really upset about it. I spent most of my life living on the border and worry g about bombs. I thought that was behind me, but this was the second one here this year and its like it has triggered my repressed childhood trauma.

Have a busy day tomorrow but not sure how I will sleep. 😓

Sorry to sound a bit dim but is there conflict over there?

I can imagine that the sound brought back memories.

People like myself living deep south have no real understanding of what people in the north experienced in the 70s/80s/90s.

It was a different world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Hey, thank you @Purple Mountain

No, its a country at peace, but there is a lot of corruption and some Mafia stuff so things get a bit bonkers sometimes. The guy who owns it was a councilman and is accused of taking bribes and that's how he got the money to build it.

I was too young to remember the Monaghan bombing but I have been caught up in some bomb scares in my hometown and was in Enniskillen visiting family when the big bomb there happened. My family have been so lucky to have been unscathed by it, despite a building being blown up next door to my parents place before I was born etc. But dor me, gunshot or loud unexpected bangs bring me back to the constant fear I lived with as a child.

As a kid I used to get my dad to check under the bed for terrorists, not monsters. Am nearly 50 but I wish he was here to tell me I am safe. Stupid anxiety.

• Advertisement

Very understandable.

I was shielded from all of that.

Our family went to Enniskillen one day when I was a child, we were visiting Donegal.

The absolute terror I felt at the armed checkpoint was heart twisting.

I couldn't understand what was happening and was frozen in fear on case I made a wrong move so I cannot imagine that being your daily reality.

Hope you can sleep peacefully tonight after that 💟

Advertisement