Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 6 Public Hearings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

More than one thing can happen at the same time. But also, a sitting President attempting to delay certification of the election results because he lost, in an attempt to retain the Presidency, is not a small thing. People do care about it, and depending on the outcome of the hearings could lead to criminal charges against the former President and people in his party, possibly even including sitting Congressmen and Senators.

Viewing figures do not matter. It's not about public opinion. It's not about engagement on Twitter.

It's about the law, and determining if the former President was attempting to break the law to overturn a democratically held election.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

No, I didn't. You're desperately trying to defend the orange cretin. This is why you're discrediting them on an Irish website of all places.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

the orange cretin, as in Trump? He left office 2 years ago.

Voters live in the present and expect their representatives to address current issues and not fight against ghosts the live in their immagination

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'd wager that a lot of those who participated in the Capitol riots be interested in having the likes of Hilary Clinton/Hunter Biden/Robert Mueller investigated.

If they are so concerned with the behaviour of the political elite and having them brought to justice for their perceived transgressions, then surely they'd be interested in investigating Trump's behaviour?

I doubt it, though. They'll just decry it as a politically-motivated witchhunt as that is what they're all about themselves.

Sure you are expected to set an example, instead you resort to insults while at the same time you get people warned. Do you think this is an accepteable behavior from a member of the modetators?

Earlier on you said to me " You're desperately trying to defend the orange cretin" followed by "The grubby little nazi needs to be held accountable".

Considering that i had not mentioned Trump in any of may posts, you deliberately attached the nazi label to me.

Can you elaborate on what gives a mod the liberty to call someone a nazi and get away with it?

I have already report your incivil post so hopefully someone will follow up, in the meantime fill free to elaborate possibly with more than a one liner

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

No, I didn't. This is a lie, plain and simple.

I don't know what's difficult to understand about the statement "I'm not a moderator of this forum". I clearly answered your question above and you're lying by pretending that I didn't.

I'm more than happy to engage with you if you post in good faith. Insults, personal attacks and lies are not good faith.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

nobody called you a nazi. they called trump a nazi. you even acknowledged that yourself. This is just fake outrage from you trying to derail the thread.

You yourself have already stated that ACD was referring to Trump as a Nazi, not you.

"Can you elaborate on the reasons why you calling Trump a Nazi?"

You're seeking offence where there is none.

The "grubby little nazi" was pretty clearly Trump... So nope, no such label was attached to you and tbh, the outrage at Capaill seem to be more an effort to divert from the thread.

To return to your point that poor ratings mean other stuff should be focused on. The US government is continuing to do other things besides the investigation of the coup. Since it was a landmark event in US history, it's important to investigate the causes and to hold those responsible to account. To not do so, gives more capable and intelligent individuals carte blanche to repeat it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭20Cent

Cassidy Hutchinson, former aide to Mark Meadows is the surprise witness at the Jan 6 committee hearing today.

Could be something big, on top of all the other information that has come out so far.

Any guesses?

They are getting closer to proving the former guy was one of the organisers of the coup attempt this could be the link.

• Advertisement

Read my post again, if you imply that i'm defending Trump and then you call him a Nazi, then you are implyng that i'm defending a nazi.

Plain and simple

Why are you so desperately trying to discredit attempts to hold Trump accountable if you're not defending him?

H. H. Asquith

She said that i'm defending Trump, that's different. Whatever label she attached to trump is automatically attached to me.

And i have not defended or even mentioned Trump in my posts

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

so nobody has attached the nazi label to you except in your own imagination.

I mentioned in on the other Trump thread, but word is her previous lawyers were provided or recommended by Trump's associates, and so may have been advising her to not talk about certain things or that some things were covered by Trump's executive privilege.

However she now has different lawyers, and so may be releasing more information. As a senior aide to Trump's Chief of Staff she may have pertinent information, enough to warrant the Committee to hold an additional hearing at short notice.

And it's pretty clear that you're desperate to find a reason to be offended. Your logic would make all discussions on boards around LaPen, Putin, Farage and Orban no go discussions since there are posters who defend all of them. Maybe open a feedback thread or something.

If I defend someone who had an abortion, that doesn't mean I had an abortion.

And you may not have mentioned Trump, but the conversation and ACD's posts are about Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Reportedly todays hearing will include evidence that shows by the night of the first presidential debate, Bannon, Trumps kids and the campaign had already devised the coup plot - overturn all the Mail in ballots and declare trump the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Is Donny locked up yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭20Cent

Cassidy Hutchinson testimony is devastating.

Trump was complaining that there were empty spaces in camera for his Jan 6 speech.

He was told crowd were avoiding entering the area because there were metal detectors, Trump got angry with the secret service for not letting them in. He said he didn't care that they were armed and wearing body armor and then told them to march on the Capitol building.

Horrific.

Trump knew the crowd was armed, and he wanted Secret Service to allow them into his ellipse rally, which was fenced by magnetometers and weapon checkpoints.

Lock him up.

'They're not here to hurt me, I don't care if they have weapons, let them in, let my people in, take the effing [magnetometers] away and they can march to the capitol from here'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

It's scary hearing her testimony. It is bringing back all my feelings that I had watching it live on Jan 6 here in the USA. I just don't understand how people don't see and understand how close it was to bringing US democracy down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Did she just say Trump tried to attack one of his own secret service agents and take control of a car

Cheney demonstrated that, legal counsel begged WH staff to stop Trump WH from going to Capitol at all - explicitly referencing criminal acts of obstructing justice or defrauding the electoral count.

And then the Secret Service had to get mobilized to move Trump to the Capitol, because that's what Trump announced he was about to do.

And Mark Meadows the whole time, completely nonplussed and barely looking away from his phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,847 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

so trump tried to grab the steering wheel of the presidential limo and went for one for the secret service agents. Jesus Christ the guy is off the wall.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I switched off for a minute and this is what I missed???? What the heck!

Did this really happen???

• Registered Users Posts: 39,847 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He’s breaking plates.

In the Beast/armored SUV, POTUS got in the Beast under the impression the motorcade would head to the Capitol. When Bobby (head of security) told him that was nonviable and security necessitated they head back to the WH, Trump was irate and shouted "I'm the effing president, take me to the Capitol now," he refused. Trump grabbed the steering wheel, and Bobby had to grab his arm off the steering wheel. This is when Trump used his free hand to throttle his neck!

Yes, this is under oath, and the other witnesses have so testified in earlier testimony. Trump tried to strangle the driver of his motorcade to get to the Capitol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Advertisement