Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***** GAME PASS DEALS - See first post for the best deal ******

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

When I go to buy the UGP it now says my regions are wrong but I'm still Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

So if somebody starting off with GPU can they just buy gold from cdkeys and convert to GPU ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yes. It doesn't matter where you buy it from as long as you can activate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

I thought you had to let the GPU Expire .. then start with gold THEN bump up with GPU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yeah that's where I'm unsure. I've my sub for years but my brother is starting out and want to be sure

• Advertisement

If your brother is starting up with a fresh account just stack 2.5-3 years of Gold and use the €1 offer for first GPU subscription. All of the Gold will convert to GPU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

So after almost 3 years it has come time to renew my subscription.

I got a 12 month Gold sub but when I put the code in, it tells me its going to convert it to 4 months of GPU and doesnt give an option to not do this, what am I doing wrong?

Do I need to wait for the current sub to expire?

You need to wait for the GPU subscription to expire or you get that conversion. You stack another 3 years after the expiration and reup GPU for a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Great, at least I know where I was going wrong now, thanks, I'll do that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I have to wait until December to do mine!

Every time this thread updates I'm afraid it's someone coming in to say the conversion no longer works! 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Same...I've to wait another 12 months on my current 3 year run. Really hoping it lasts until then. If not it might be worth setting up a dummy account just to do it again so even if there is an overlap it still works out cheaper over 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Bought 3 x 12 months from Enaba with Turkey VPN and added to my MS account

Then bought 1 month ultimate (europe) from enaba but cant get it to activate with VPN on or off. Any help be greatly appreciated??

edit: got sorted

Post edited by zefer on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Hi folks my 2 years gpu are about to run out, is three much difference in the way some of you are using vpns or am I better off just stacking a few years of gold and doing the €1 trick? Thanks and sorry for another repetitive question but I’m just not sure which is the best method nowadays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Turkish xbox live gold is about €30 per year. Irish is around €55. So it's worth an hours fiddling around with settings to save around €75 if it was me anyway...

Any chance of a quick rundown of the process please? I’ve read through a heap of posts but it seems to be different for each person

Thanks for that, sounds exhausting! I’m not sure if I have the mental strength to manage all that so might just go for the more expensive option and do the irish version but thanks for laying it out so clearly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Having had this opinion and completing it, I can tell you it's not exhausting in the slightest, especially when you can stack 3 years and save a decent chunk

It's worth the effort, just carve out like an hour of your time and you'll be sorted..

Just when I thought I was out you sucked me right back in!! Ok I’ll give the Turkish version a go when his current sub expires and hope for the best! Thanks again 👍🏻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Mines up in a few days. I just checked CDKeys, is Turkey @£25 the way to go these days i.e. cheapest?

Do they still give the month extra if you leave auto-sub on?

I may just do 2*12, 1 * 6 then 1GPU. If that adds 4 free months, that's 2y10m for £70. . . .mmmm

No, they've fixed that. You only get the extra month now if you haven't done it previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I've added 12 months Turkish Xbox Live with the VPN on, but when I turn the VPN off and try and get a month of GPU it says I have a subscription from a different region? Do I need to leave the Turkish VPN on for that part?

how are you trying to get the 1 month GPU? you could just buy a turkish one and redeem as you already have the gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I tried getting a Turkish one and a few other things but nothing worked. It turned out one part of my Microsoft Store locations was set to USA for some reason and it was causing issues. I rang Microsoft Support and they actually converted my Turkish Xbox Live to an Irish one and changed my settings to Ireland. The guy was really helpful. It's pretty safe to say they know what people are up to and don't really care!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's all about the numbers of people on the service, they don't really care about how much they paid.

Every sub for GPU is a potential 150 bucks per year, despite the fact we are gaming the system to pay 100-140 or so for 3 years haha!

Quick update on this, I just bought 30 months of gold on cd keys for €109 and then converted it to ultimate for €1 and it also gave me an extra 2 months free so that’s 33 months in total and all good till April 25. I had used the €1 upgrade deal before but it worked again no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I couldn't be bothered with the fecking about with VPN's and codes, and an hour is a long time. CDKeys, 30 months of Gold for just over €109, €12.99 for GPU (used the 1 month before) and covered now until Feb 2025. Worth saving the hassle for the few euro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

My gamepass sub is up this time next year, really hope the conversion deal is still going and the cheaper codes are still out there then.

• Advertisement

Who takes an hour to do it? It takes a couple of minutes more than without VPN and that's only if you run into issues - saying that as a regular VPN user though. My quick maths for a 3yr (3*12gold, +1gpu) UK vs Turkey purchase is ~£40 difference, that's the guts of a grocery shop.

Ha, I've been saying that for the last 363 days, nearly there

Advertisement