Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherwood - BBC 1

• 15-06-2022 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,776 ✭✭✭✭

What an amazing piece of TV from the BBC.

The first two episodes aired Monday & Tuesday and four more to come over the next two Mondays & Tuesdays.

They are up on the iPlayer if you missed them.

Set in a Nottinghamshire mining village at the heart of Sherwood lie two shocking and unexpected killings that shatter an already fractured community and spark a massive manhunt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Watched the 2 episodes last night - great stuff so far, very Fargo like for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,229 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Very enjoyable first two episodes. Great cast, interested to see where it goes

That ending of episode 2....yikes! She was horrible but still....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,776 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Episode 3 has some seriously powerful acting a blood great show from the BBC.

A series showing the effects of a strike that happened 30 years previously in a week that Britian could begin it's worst strikes in 40 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Have to agree, the acting is fantastic, that scene with the 2 sisters!

It's brilliant, thought tonight's episode was the best so far, definitely agree with the scene between the sisters, great acting all round.

• Advertisement

Two fantastic actresses.

Claire Rushbrook is seriously underrated, she is in a rather lovely film called Ali & Ava (with Adeel Akhtar who is also in Sherwood)

Episode 4 Damn! that was an ending!

Brilliant again tonight.

Definitely and that opening was pretty good as well!

Bizarre highlight...the explanation of the rules of pointless lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭cozar

Sherwood is what I would call real drama not like the rubbish ones lately, feels like Nesbitt appearing in them all. I cant look at anything he is in. The fact that it's based around a true story and has old footage of the strikes adds to it too.

• Advertisement

Well now that has it all set up for tomorrow nights finale.

Ah balls I just sat down to watch this....and it has taped the tennis! I am guessing it moved channel zzz

I watched it on the iPlayer not sure if it was moved or delayed on the main channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Just realized I've an hour of Andy Murray recorded. 😫 Was moved to BBC 2. Raging I was enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Excellent again!

Fairly crappy treatment by BBC, they only threw a ticker tape across the screen to say it was on BBC2 and it had started at that stage. Rare occasion I was actually sitting down to watch it at the right time, rather than on time delay as usual or I’d have been raging. They could have moved the tennis, there was a break in play to close the roof at 8:55, so would have made sense. I’d say there will be a lot of people missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

I've missed episode 2, I'm new to VPN if I buy a VPN can I watch the player in Ireland (express VPN is coming up )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭cozar

i'm gutted could'nt believe when i saw tennis was recorded, i don't have BBC player and was going to save last night to watch before the final episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Same happened to me. I was absolutely distraught. Is there any way of watching last night's episode? I can't get the BBC iPlayer.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Deeec

Like others I recorded last nights episode later to realise I recorded tennis instead. Im lost tonight watching it as I missed episode 5.

I was really enjoying this series and now its ruined. Why couldnt they have put the tennis on BBC2 last night instead! Im so annoyed.

What a brilliant series from start to finish.

And damn predicted text!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭dermo2014

Same here episode 5 didn't record.

If anyone needs a link to it PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AMTE_21

Excellent series really enjoyed it. There’s going to be another series, I wonder what angle will they use? Does anyone know what was the secret his wife was hiding? I must have missed it.

I think it was mentioned in episode 5? I thought her father/family was abusive (she discussed it with Kevin in the pub)

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Dermo - You’re a legend. Many thanks. 🤗🤗🤗

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

I just watched episode six as the tennis recorded here also, probably my least favourite episode tbh but still very enjoyable. Looking forward to the next series.

Just catching this now as it's being shown on RTE. Episode four. Superb stuff. The historical miners' strike stuff brings a brilliant dimension.

Edit: just finished the episode. Wow, incredible.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Ah this is just so good it's ridiculous. The m'fing twist!

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Munstergirl854

Its brilliant...the ending of last nights episode f me wasnt expecting that Daphne!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Radio5

Very late to this but what a series. Really excellent. Kevin Doyle is some actor, between this and Happy Valley, it's clear he was very much wasted 'downstairs' in Downton Abbey.

I wonder what the 2nd series will focus on and if it will feature many of the same characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭brian_t

Advertisement