Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 6 Public Hearings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Regarding The Beast, the image posted by Posobiec himself shows that there is a partition between the driver in the front of the vehicle and the people in the back.

A partition that can only be lowered by the President.

"Rear Compartment: Seats President and up to four passengers with a glass partition - only Trump has a switch to lower it"

Which is irrelevant anyway, as like you said, that's not the vehicle he was in going by the video footage.

So Hutchinson may have been mistaken by saying in her testimony that he was in The Beast, however it's largely a moot point as the type of vehicle he was in isn't the issue, but rather his conduct within it. And she's relaying what happened based on her discussion with one of the agents, rather than saying she was there herself (to which being incorrect about which vehicle it was would be a bigger issue).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

At this stage? Where have you been? It's been a toxic little cult for over half a decade. I remember when they were telling us he didn't call Mexicans rapists just after he literally did that.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tooka

i see you are still pedalling lies? Context, context is everything.

trump gave us so many great days - showing up to the debate with Hilary Clinton with the women bill Clinton raped was genius.

Bill Clinton raped women and deregulated the banking system in America that lead directly to 2008 , George bush the younger started two wars that killed hundreds of thousands for no real reason, Obama escalated the war in Afghanistan , totally Misread the Arab spring, and gave in to Russia in 2014 which lead to where we are now .

trump is a very flawed man as is Biden, but Biden and trump have one thing in common, neither is eager to start meaningless wars. Which is a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?"

As long as Trump sticks to Trumpism, there's nothing he could do which would lose him his base. In fact, the more crassly he behaves, the better his followers like it.

Have you ever said something crass? Everyone has including Leo vardakar and other Irish political leaders

do you hate our own flawed leaders as much as Donald trump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭20Cent

He didn't start a war isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. One could argue his appeasement of Putin and attacks on NATO emboldened Russia. He has more sex assault allegations than Clinton.

He was great at "winding up the libs" which I think was his main appeal to his supporters. After all that is coming out about him now I don't see how anyone can claim he was a good President or someone who respects the American constitution.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

He could molest a child in front of them and his American voter base would still fawn over him. He's like an avatar for the worst people in America. They have nothing to contribute, no heart, no compassion, just hatred, privilege and resentment.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

A normal person would consider not starting a war a good thing

also Obama actually did nothing as Russia invaded crimea , Let’s be fair In that

Clinton raped women, we know it but there is no real testimony trump raped anyone.

at the end of the day you have posters on here who despise trump, and not one of them can give a valid reason for why they feel this

they are not American

they don’t hold this level of hatred for any other political figure , Irish or foreign. Why?

there has been so many world leaders who have actually had their own people murdered , and they don’t even acknowledge those leaders

its weird. They won’t answer because they can’t . It’s slightly creepy too, you have posters saying trump could rape a child in front of his supporters and they would love it and maybe join in. That’s creepy stuff to be fantasising about.

There are many many reasons to despise Trump.

It's like a cult, as a few have said in this thread.

Can you give me something more substantial than Its like a cult. I never got why people talk like this with trump, they are behaving like cult members themselves. Odd bods

• Advertisement

He tired to overturn an election.

Isn't that enough.

It referred to as a cult because whatever he does, whatever the evidence they will still support him. He even ripped his own supporters off and they still worship him. Every source is lying except him. He's the only person telling the truth. That's cult like behavior.

What’s he guilty of? What crime has he committed ?

have you ever heard what Maxine waters and AOC say regards protesting, the problem with people like you and others on here is that they cannot express their hatred of trump in words that can truly rationalise their feelings.

You would cheer the FBI to go after trump and his team using their completely over reaching powers and than you express outrage when the FBI use the same powers to go after for example home grown Muslim terrorists after 9/11.

How the FBI works would never be allowed in Ireland and rightly so.

Protesting is fine, it's a fundamental right.

Organising a mob which he knew was armed to try and stop the ratification of an election is a totally different ballgame. Disingenuous to say otherwise. It's illegal for the president to interfere in an election (pressure on Pence, the phone calls to governers to "find more votes" etc etc for obvious reasons. He tried to use the DOJ to invalidate a states results. It's illegal to threaten witnesses, It's illegal to grab someone by the throat. It's illegal to obstruct an investigation. I'm sure there are many more. Why hang onto this guy he's obviously unstable, after going all in on him I suppose it's hard to realise that "the libs" who warned about him were right.

trump organised a protest , which is fine by you . The only person who died on that day was Donald trump supporters. I see no evidence those trump supporters were armed.

after 2016 democrats stated they did not accept the results , there is plenty of video of democrats asking Biden to not ratify the results. Biden fair play to him was having none of it, either did pence.

the above is reality , the above all happened. Either answer my post directly or don’t bother.

Not doing this anymore, have a good one.

Once people stop believing their own eyes no point, we'll see how it all works out.

At least you admit that you can’t justify it.

when the dems lose the senate this sh1t show is over. Trump will be consigned to history and congress will be split and it will be the republicans Turn to go nuclear and divide the nation

rinse wash repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 18,512 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Rumoured that Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony was just the start of things and there is much worse stuff to come for Trump in future hearings.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It’s not a grand jury either. It’s a congressional hearing.

this is not the judicial branch. I thought you were done with your whinge fest about kangaroo courts and such

you never answered my question since you’re still on about this: where’s the judge?

You complain about hearsay then repeat claims like bill Clinton is a rapist “we all know it”

Almost as if it's fine when it's a Democrat but when it's Trump, he can do no wrong.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

I love that. I had no idea I could just sidestep any burden of proof by footnoting my posts with “the above is reality”

Exhaustive evidence to the contrary in this thread demonstrates that, in reality, countless numbers of insurrectionists were armed with AR-15s and other weapons. There’s also the bombs that were found in DC the night before.

The select committee hasn’t been able to confirm anonymous sourcing that claimed others were prepared to contradict Hutchinsons testimony, and they disputed the merit of such claims.

outside of some blue checks on Twitter reporting the rumor I haven’t seen any print reporting of such counter claims in the intervening day

Ginni’s lawyers are throwing cold water on her earlier indication she was volunteering to testify. They don’t want her doing so without an argument

There is no evidence the protestors were armed with guns, if I am wrong prove it now

i don’t want a reply that you think they did or someone saying they heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend that the protestors were armed with guns

the reality is that trumps hardcore supporters are like cult members but on the flip side the trump haters all suffer from TDS and that is something you should be careful about, not healthy to have such blind hate for a man you have never met

Here you go. Three up on charges around being armed with a gun.

On top of that, we also now know that Trump wanted protesters to be allowed to have their weapons. He basically wanted an armed insurrection.

Did you read your link from start to finish

are you pranking me?

"I demand you prove it now, but not with any of that EVIDENCE crap! And if you CAN prove it, they're crazy so I don't care."

I've already had this exact conversation on thread already.

None of that is evidence. If it were the donald would be in jail

we live in the real world not fantasy dream land , well not yet anyway

LOL

Why would Donald be in jail, automatically etc. if I bring an AR-15 to the Capitol?

Your attempt at 'debunking' people confessing in open court to bringing weapons to the Capitol and such, defies logic.

At least you seem to indicate you understand the seriousness of the situation, given the fact there were plenty of weapons in the crowd.

• Advertisement

And yet you were happy to label Bill Clinton a rapist based solely on accusations. You've debased yourself and for what? Some hateful moron in America who can't perceive reality.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement