Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ivraka

Options
  • 28-06-2022 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I implore you to try your hand (mind) at http://ivraka.com/ which is my revenge on Wordle

KR

Freddio

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Site's not secure.

WTF is it anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Freddio

Good evening Jim,

It's a maths puzzle.

It has an SSL cert and doesn't collect any identifiable information about anyone, so I'm not sure how more secure it can be.

Do give it a go....

Freddio

There's no instructions. All I see is 1. 2. 3. And then three blank boxes.

Yes - you have to work them out

You'll have to do more than that. Work what out? Why 6 boxes with 3 already filled in? Is it an equation or a number? Is there an indication of what entries are right in wrong box or right in right box or just wrong? Nerdle it certainly isn't.

An example wouldn't kill you.

• Advertisement

Exactly - Its not Wordle or Nerdle - Its Ivraka

It really isn't Jim.

29 People have worked it out with no hints so far and when 100 people work it out, a new one starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Sigma101

Make that 30

@gameofivraka #ivraka_1 - correct answer 30

@Freddio You should consider a new puzzle every day. I'll have forgotten about this by the time 100 people solve it

Thanks @Sigma101,

A few people have suggested that. I was hoping it would ramp up quickly enough that there would be many hundreds in a day and then automatically it would be one new one every day.

I have just posted #2 while I work the logistics out

• Advertisement

@gameofivraka #ivraka_2 - correct answer 1

Freddio, I think your sequence is way too short to establish a pattern. There are too many possibilities to solve it. I only got the answer because I found a question on Quora with the same numbers. In that question the clue was 6 numbers long, not 3. The solution relates to patterns across pairs of numbers, but you only give one complete pair so a pattern cant be established.

Ahh Sigma101!

That's cheating, but I think you can see how it is taking shape. Some of the puzzles will be cryptic, some will be logical and some will be numeric. You have 5 attempts per day but it's not like Wordle where it keeps hinting. Once you become familiar with the angles Ivraka is coming from, I hope it will become infectious.

Also I'm not sure if the pattern Quora reports is the one in #ivraka_2 if your solution is predicated on pairs?

You're right, I cheated this time. I was wrong about the pairs bit but now know what the pattern is. I'll have another go tomorrow - hopefully without cheating!

@gameofivraka #ivraka_4 - correct answer 2

I'm finding this very difficult so far. I'm kicking myself that I couldn't figure out yesterday's.

Btw - big improvement giving the solution to the previous day's puzzle.

@gameofivraka #ivraka_6 - correct answer 2

Easy one today

Thanks Sigma101,

I think it's going to be more interesting to maths hackers than New York Times readers. It will exercise the brain more...

I'm going to start publishing extra hints on the associated twitter (especially for the harder ones)

https://twitter.com/gameofivraka

@gameofivraka #ivraka_8 - correct answer 1

Straightforward sequence today- got it after a couple of turns. I had no chance with yesterday's - I'd never heard of Pascal's triangle!

@gameofivraka #ivraka_9 - correct answer 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Top 10 correct answer

There was an issue with yesterday's ivraka #10. The sequence was 1, 3, 5. The answer given today for the sequence is "prime numbers". But 1 is not prime, 2 is prime. The start sequence should have been 2, 3, 5 perhaps?

I will put my hand up on that one. There is some debate as to whether 1 is a prime number as the definition of one is a number divisible only by one and itself. Notwithstanding, two should have been in there but I think I was trying to steer away from another 1,2,3 and got lost in thought.

I see no one is getting today's one so I will clarify that it is continuing on from yesterday's Roman theme.

@gameofivraka #ivraka_23 - correct answer 1

Well Done !!

@gameofivraka #ivraka_24 - correct answer 1

The hint gave it away

I know - It wasn't really one I could get cryptic with

@gameofivraka #ivraka_25 - correct answer 3