Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like some hefty showers developing along the east coast now (not far from me) with some convergence.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Dodging all the showers here in Dunshaughlin, sun has been back shining for the past 30 minutes, a lovely evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Dry all day Meath (Navan) Clouds keep rolling by everything ai thought a shower was due this afternoon.

This evening no doubt.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The showers are not making it to the Navan/Dunshaughlin areas. Looking at the Met Eireann radar and playing it back the showers break up as they move from Westmeath towards the Meath border. Still sunny here and back up to 18C. Easily the best day we've had since the Atlantic broke through on Saturday.

We may get some rain later tonight and early tomorrow morning and after that we are looking at a mostly dry scene for the forseeable future. May get the odd light shower on Friday and into the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭appledrop

Torrential rain now here in NCD, I knew it was coming, thankfully we just made it indoors before it started.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Now wet with moderate rain in Greystones. 14.2c atm. On the plus side, not windy! 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Good sunshine on home and away 102 for sky viewers. Bleek on home front heating is on, like a evening in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I still haven't had a single shower but it is pretty cloudy atm.

Edit: I swear to God, every time I post a report like this, it's not long before it's lashing which now it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Who the **** calls 3.57 in the summer "evening"? Although to be fair looking out it may as well be 3.57 in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Niall145

Absolutely stunning rainbow over NCD right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Can be seen in SCD too. Appears to be heavy showers out at sea. They can stay there.

Could see that rainbow from Meath too. Not a drop of rain here all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lovely day today and finally no wind, hopefully this continues now and the temperatures pick up a little.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Muggy and cloudy most of the day here in Waterford with some sunny spells, then the drizzle arrived. Ground is waterlogged where the top soil have been lifted and it's pooling with little rain.

That shower once it came was relentless, kept going for at least two hours. Garden waterlogged, spot flooding here and there.

Great rainbow though as some have said.

Reached 20.9C today at Dublin's favourite hotspot, Churchtown.

Not a drop down here but could see black sky to the north

Dry all day and quite nice this evening

Was out in a t shirt no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

I call it middle of the night. Although near the summer solstice, I would describe just before 04:00 as being pre dawn. 😁

Still raining here in NCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I don't mind the rain when I'm tucked up in bed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

Miserable morning in Dublin 7. I was planning to go for a walk but I guess I'll to knock that on the head for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Dry Meath.

Wow the narrow column of stationary precip on the radar from Antrim to Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Slate grey skies and lashings of rain here in D3 again this morning.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

The eastern seaboard areas looks to have finally got a decent drop of very much needed rain overnight, which looks like clearing all areas soon although I see that it has pepped up again in some western and southwestern parts of Dublin city, making it a miserable morning commute for some people on foot/bicycle or using pubic transport.

It was a dry and calm night near Ardagh, Longford. Nondescript morning with some blue patches here and there but there's a lovely clearance on the way soon although I may be on the way to Dublin before it gets here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Rained non stop all night even though met site said only showers in Waterford. Garden at the side full of puddles again and like a swamp.

The 6 year old summed it up the best today.

I asked him did he want a vest under his top this morning for school.

He looked out the window, shook his head and said 'With that weather I think so'🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

What year did we have the heatwave in Ireland, with Covid lockdowns etc I cant figure it out. Was it pre Covid? Ah remember those blissfull summer days when we had sunshine for weeks...

2018 was the absolute scorcher.

You woke up everyday looked out the window and couldn't believe it was still so sunny.

Ah those were the days.

Back to reality and summer 2021, last day of June, its raining again and 14 degrees.

FWIW, if your garden is like a swamp or waterlogged at the moment, you have drainage rather than weather problems! The ground is nowhere near saturation point in any part of Ireland other than the west right now. Even in the west, it's only poorly drained soil that should be experiencing any issues.

• Advertisement

Incorrect, SMDs now zero parts of the northwest and midlands; very saturated there and in the midlands on moderate and poorly drained soils.

Edit: I see you edited to say "other than the west right now" 🙂

Advertisement