Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Another FREE and PRIVATE Tour....this time of Richmond Barracks.

Tubs MIGHT be doing something nice later this morning, but he'll tell us about it tomorrow. I can't wait.

Tubs struggling to pronounce the names of tennis players as he's clearly reading the cue cards for the first time (zero prep again), and he claims to be a tennis fan. 🙄 Is there any bandwagon he won't jump on?

Planting the seed for upcoming RTE-funded trip to Australia and New Zealand. Perhaps a 3 week trip to do a 15minute radio segment on some random topic like young Irish graduates struggles with the poor availability of Tayto crisps or something like that.

"Sign me THE HELL up" he says to a new feature on Spotify.

FREE Spotify Premium subscription on the way...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was it ever discovered if he paid for his own trip to Iceland or not?

I know he met some author out there, so I'm guessing no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I think it's more likely we'll discover the 4th secret of Fatima first 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I don't know for definite, that would likely require a FOI request as even he's not likely to be stupid enough to admit it on air - but he has inadvertently admitted other junkets and freebies so who knows?

I fully suspect his entire trip was covered by RTE as he did his 15minute interview with the Icelandic author, but I don't know "fo sho".

Anyway, riffin' section ending is my cue to leave. Enjoy the rest of the show if any of you stay until the end.

On Tubs this morning an American will tell us that violence against women is a male problem. As someone who has never hit anyone in my life - male or female - I once again can't wait to be preached and lectured to by woke Ryan and woke RTE once again. 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Will woke Ryan tell us about putting "quality ticks on womens arses" to determine their sexual quality?

That sure sounds like domestic/sexual violence to me?

Its not very kind is it Ryan....

Tubridy is a serious creep and I would love if someone pulled him up on it, in a similar way that shane lynch called out his bullying/hypocrisy and the Derry girl pulled him up on his misogyny.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Spitty mouth overload 🤢🤮 and humble bragging to start the day.

Isn't he great,,,,💩

Man who loves death, misery, and illness says "I love the sound of life".

I'm in a little late this morning - what was he humblebragging about this time?

It's not bullying when the Toy Man does it, it's just playful joshing.

It's not misogynistic behaviour when Ryan engages in it, because he's woke and Eoin McDermott is "a good egg" (quote).

Man who has almost as much free time as someone who is unemployed complains about people having too much free time to complain about things. The lack of self-awareness is just astonishing.

Partially read out the same cue card again before realizing his mistake mid-sentence. Zero prep. again.

Riffin' section over and I'm out.

@avfc, can you let me know what he was humblebragging about when you get a chance? TYFYS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭CH3OH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

insanity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

There goes Tubridy again on a TDS rant again!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

The wimmin and men pacing the floor with crying teething babbies within earshot of concerts got no sympathy.

He was saying that he got his driver to drop him to Mullingar to meet the gorgeous couple who told him the sad story of their boy who died,he made sure to head to the pub after for refreshments , so everyone could tell him how great he is, then back to Dublin with his driver to head to Charlie's book launch where he got more pats on the back, then home to take his hallo off,,👼, and rest his back from all the pats on the back he gives himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭hawley

There are always multiple articles on his charity work and public appearances. He's like TikTok influencers who carry out "random acts of kindness". It's all about the Benjamins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

There is something very ghoulish about the way Tubridy, D'Arcy and any number of RTE luvvies attach themselves to Charlie Bird and Vicki Phelan - each one trying to outdo the other

Hoping to get a selfie with Ryan after the show, cant wait to meet him. Im sure my application will sail through...

They want to be the one that tells everyone they spoke to them last,,☹️

Very ghoulish, I don't know if rte attract people who love death and misery, or if they turn you into a misery junkie, ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Joe Duffy, to be fair to him, seems to steer clear of this sh1te although nobody in RTE has a biggger death-fetish than him

Mistakingly had him on my car radio briefly but did I seriously hear him talking about Gummy bears from the fridge being a life changing experience 😳

Please tell me I was dreaming or Hallucinating 🤔

• Advertisement

I missed a few minutes at the start of the programme but he has a fondness for jelly sweets that he regularly talks about on air so it wouldn't surprise me.

"And needless to say, I had the last laugh............"

On the other hand Charlie seems to be happy enough to welcome his old colleagues to the occasion and he did invite RT to co-launch the book along with Daniel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

So why is it you listen every morning given that you dislike him? You're only giving him extra listenership.

Because I enjoy publicizing his ineptitude, lack of self-awareness, soliciting for freebies, unpreparedness, cancer and misery fetishes, clumsiness, awkwardness, and general weirdness.....amongst other things.

There's no "I" in team, but there is one in Tubridy.

There should also be the letters R & D, just after the Tu 😏

I had a quick flick through Charlie Bird's book 📖 earlier, tubs and Vicki did the foreward, 2 smallish pictures of Vicki,

2 big pictures of tubs 1at the top of the mountain Infront of Charlie, the other one of him pointing at Charlie . It's all about himself

The book is Charlie Birds work.

He decided what photos would be in it.

He invited RT to do the launch with Daniel.

Charlie Bird is a dying man......a very admirable and dignified man....no one here is criticising him......

Tubridy is a leech and a cretin who seems to have a fetish for the terminally ill....he has to publicise all these meetings and make it about himself.....

The good people of this thread see Tubridy for who he really is...not the fake bullshit persona NKM is trying to develop for him.....Uncle Ryan the Toyman...

Fùck off.....

Post edited by StevenToast on

• Advertisement

You're right, it was an entirely selfless act on Tubs part to take a helicopter to and from the climb, whilst allowing a terminally ill man to make his own way there and back.

🙄

Some tennis-loving lady who lunches type on with some serious exaggeration on about her being unable to attend Wimbledon and Hamilton (Tubs type of person clearly) in London due to Aer Lingus' cancellation of flights yesterday. She claimed she would lose 6 or 7 grand on this Thursday to Sunday trip to London........hmmmmmm, no matter what she paid for tickets and where she's saying I just can't see a 4 day trip costing that. She also said she had to cancel "taxis and car park" - which is it?

Also classic RTE highlighting the "plight" of this person whilst we have a homeless problem, and people can't afford to heat their homes or eat.

RTE - looking after our own.

"Dublin, Ireland" again............for our American listeners.

"Would anyone really want to fly anywhere this year?" says the man who's been to London, Paris, the US, Iceland, and the Canary Islands ALREADY this year.

More publicity for the Elvis movie. That freebie has paid for itself 1,000 times over.

Megan Thee Stallion sings "WAP" Bryan, you would likely have a stroke if you heard the lyrics.

"There are few things more repugnant and repulsive than a tepid coffee"

Man of the people.

"I'm not a barista, I don't have a beard and tattoos"

Engaging in stereotypes isn't very #woke Bryan, is it?

FAKE ACCENT ALERT!

• Advertisement

FAKE ACCENT ALERT! x 2

Advertisement