Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

This weather. Outdoor gig this evening no longer looking quite so appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Bread.

First TA: A local shop that does lovely bread increased the price from 4.50 to 6.50 for a smallish loaf. Not going to get it regularly anymore.

Second TA: Went to Dunnes to get their multiseed sourdough, but it was sold out. Bought a different artisan-type loaf (which was more expensive) and it's absolutely flavourless. I tastes of nothing (and no, it's not Covid, I got my taste back thankfully). So annoyed I have to eat this loaf now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If it's linked to Outlook, check on Webmail, sometimes you can see hidden/archived stuff in the ConversationsMissed Calls folders in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Update from sunny southside 🌞 splitting stones now so it is

well no; nice and fresh. Not a cloud. Perfect conditions don’t worry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

On Sunday, I'm going to Dublin for the first time since March 2020 for a gig so I'm hoping the weather will be good. Just out of nosiness, I checked who else is playing this week. Turns out a band I've wanted to see for decades is playing the same night.

Do I abandon the twice-rescheduled planned gig and go to the other one? I can't even see if there are tickets available to the second gig due to the NCH site being 'unresponsive'. I'll be annoyed either way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Ah fuuk it’s lashing again

/and off. Either way a band of showers to be expected

Post edited by Bobblehats on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭Be right back

That people have to be told this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I bought a packet of peanuts, they where honey roasted not dry roasted. Rank

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's not far from a Plaza judging by the sign in the distance, like seriously ye can't hold it in?

• Advertisement

I saw a man going for a wee on the slip to Cobh Cross recently, when there's a petrol station just around the corner!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My TA is petrol stations who 1. lock their toilets and then 2. mysteriously cannot find the key when you need it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It could be the cleanest toilet in the world behind a locked door

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The weather! 🌧️

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

People who cannot speak at a normal volume when outside. Few houses down there is a woman that calls quite regularly and the whole street can hear her when she "talks". Can hear her even with the doors and windows closed.

I'll say it again the gawkers, they are on the increase and soo bloody tempted now to shout something at them.

Well some people can't, due to a variety of reasons. Nothing wrong with stopping for a piss, if it's done decently.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

She sounds like a relation of mine who has a hearing problem and bad arthritis.. every door and window is slammed because they dont feel or appreciate they have enough grip and power to do it because of the arthritis and they can’t hear the cacophony of decibels they leave in their wake when the close windows, doors, drop stuff… and a conversation at the start you have to ask them to tone it down a level.. annoying as fućk though…

RIP Instagram..

my favourite social media app…

now just a fückin add platform with the odd photo… feed literally swamped with advertisements…and swamped with suggested business pages/accounts..

it’s no longer fun. No longer worth a daily check….it’s piss.

im following a few hundred people and pages and visa versa..I don’t exactly need anything else appearing in my feed that isn’t of my choosing…now about one third is not of my choosing and are from sources im not following and nor are they following me.

so thanks to that fûckin dead eyed face ache creep Zuckerberg, Instagram is RIP… something fun and relaxing is over and the freedom to enjoy and experience a nice thing with friends, acquaintances and fellow lovers of photography and such is over…

The sign suggests it's not ONE person getting short taken, that it's a regular spot, and workers are tired of finding not just piss.

• Advertisement

Slept late with my new ear pods in. Great job. TA is in my haste to answer the man knocking on the door I don't know where one of them is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta of mine anyway but here yes broke all the boundaries.

Sib changing his bank and so was annoyed he had to change his dd's himself, roaring all the new bank deets down the phone when all the doors and windows in the house open(he just doesn't seem to understand the mechanism involved of 1. closing a door 2. closing it fully) followed by waving docs with confidential info at me in front of a window that looks out onto a busy path.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Houses where they put the sink at the window . Where are you supposed put your medicine cabinet, aka mirror for shaving. I really can’t understand why they think that’s a good idea .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You shave at your kitchen sink?!? EEEEEEEEEWWWWHHH!!!

the council thankfully have arrived here this morning to resurface the pathways…. It’s been required for about seven years. Cracks, raised pavement and gaps abound… prior to the pandemic and the recession there was no money to do it, then the pandemic happened, now thankfully the council have gotten around to it.. a bit late for one elderly neighbour who had a face full of pathway about two years ago after tripping on a crack / raised cracked pathway but hey…

the TA is that notwithstanding the pandemic that it can take three quarters of a decade to get them to come and sort out the paths…it’s their responsibility, they are paid to. We pay them to.

interesting that certain issues that the council have responsibility for can be fast tracked such as the provision for, building of and kitting out of modular homes for our new friends can be done in double quick time. In literally no time…But safety issues impacting the wellbeing of taxpayers takes literally years…. Ireland eh…where citizens and taxpayers are not exactly a priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When your hand smells like diesel after filling up the car

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

...especially when it should have smelt like petrol. 😉

Eh no NH ! I meant bathroom sink, or rather washbasin

• Advertisement

I keep my kitchen sink in my handbag... or so my friends tell me. 😁

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement