Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis inverter settings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

Those settings look on the high and low side. If I go with https://puredrive-energy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/PureStorage-II-%E2%80%93-DC-5kWh.pdf. The the cut off voltage is 45V and you have 44V set. The same is for overvoltage in the specs max charge voltage is 57V but you have 60V. Normally you would want inverter to be the first protection barrier and battery after that. In your case it is opposite. This is because when battery goes into protected state, normally it requires manual intervention to revover it. What I think is happening is that the inverter overcharges the battery since it's cut off point is higher. This causes the battery go into protected mode to avoid damage and hence overvoltage errors and does not allow to use the battery till the voltage drops(it does drop overtime). I would lower down the overvoltage and up undervotage. Do you have battery manual maybe it can provide more details?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BloodyGoodBloke

there is the manual the installer gave me!!!

I have changed the settings to this.

Well there is not much in that manual.

Have you checked the battery type as outlined in step 1? Is it set to PureDrive? You need to lower down equalizing charge. Set it to 55V.

when i set to pure drive all the settings go to the first picture I put up

ok, just set under/over/equalizing voltage and see how ir performs.

• Advertisement

The battery is now not showing.

What you mean not showing? I see 99% but it is not charging or discharging but that looks ok to me since it is full and solar providing enough to the house. Or am I missing smth?

Check Alarms and warnings on inverter.

even at 100% it still trickles into the system. when it goes grey its not talking to the battery.

now it is showing 100% and trickling back into the system and that's how I would have expected to see it. Maybe I'm just being impatient with the updates.

just checked the inverter and the control parameter has reset the charge limitation and equalising charge

Charge limit is set by BMS of the battery so you cannot set it. Since battery is full it is normal for it to be 0. Leave it like this.

Are there any alarms anywhere(Inverter/battery)?

Nope nothing. Other than the ones I created with turning batteries off this morning while troubleshooting.

HOWEVER

It all seems to be working now. I have oven on and it’s drawing from battery and solar with only 0.01Kw coming on the grid.

I’ll keep an eye on it but it seems you got me all working

• Advertisement

Goof stuff. See how it behaves, you may need to drop overvoltage by couple decimal points down but give it a try first with these settings.

Can you check what firmware your inverter is running? Maybe you have old one and can upgrade to newer which may have updated battery profile.

this morning it all looks like it has behaved. battery discharged to 40% overnight and it's now charging fine and up to 56%

I was told the firmware is latest one 3A0029

have to say thank you for all your help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭con747

This is a picture of my Solis 5kw settings running 2 Puredrive 5kw batteries if it acts up again it might help.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Might not be the right thread but I have a Solis Install with Solar Boost water heating. Needed to replace the hot water element and since then Solar Boost says Water Heating Off (i.e. the panels are no longer diverting power to the tank). The dongle at the electricity meter is still in place and untouched.

Anyone know if I have to re-enable something on the panels to get this working again? It should be diverting excess power to the grid which gets intercepted by the Solar Boost dongle at the meter which heats the water, but maybe it's not diverting excess power anymore.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Already tried that multiple times, anyone got any other suggestions?

If you use the boost button, does it run the immersion?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭spose

Does it say water tank hot on the iboost when there’s excess solar? You can also pair the sender with the iboost again

Yes the boost button does run the immersion.

No the water tank is never hot and the display always says "Water Heating Off".

Just re-paired with the sender there. Still "Water Heating Off"

If you reverse the CT and put on the kettle does it fire up? (Simulating export) although you need to make sure the battery is turned off.

• Advertisement

Sorry, not an expert so I didn't follow that (did not get any handover from the PV installer when the job was done)

What is the CT?

So on the transmitter of the iboost, there is something clipped around one of the wires from your meter.

That's a CT (current transformer) this measures the excess. If it's unclipped and turned 180° around what it reads as import will be seen as export and the iboost should start.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Vicrom

Hey Guys, I have a 6Kwh Solis inverter model RHI-(3-6)K-48ES-5G. I have a big solar array connected to it and I just got some Lifepo4 battery modules from a company in China. The 3 modules are 48V x 100ah each totalling just short of 15Kwh (CERRNSS batteries https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/48V-5Kw-10Kw-Inverter-Battery-6000_1600343561699.html?spm=a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.17012fc2EpXJYA). This battery is not of any recognised brand and therefore I tried to use the User-Define profile under battery select. Once I input all parameters on charge and discharge (that I got from the company), I press save and send - and all is fine. However the battery CAN communication is not reconginsed and so it's like the battery is not there at all, no battery shows up in the main display. The battery works on Lead-Acid mode however it's not my preferred option. For once there are less parameters to set up than User Define and I feel some important bits that the inverter should know to protect the battery are left out. Anyhow, I thought User-Define would allow you to essentilly plug in any battery/profile you needed but I am surprised it doesnt even recognise mine. I doubt the CAN cable is defective as it is brand new and unused. Do you have any ideas or experience with this? Thanks

Thanks for this advice. I've determined that the Solar iBoost is working, it's just that the inverter hardly ever sends any power to it.

What's gone wrong is that since I had an electrician replace some fuses in the inverter setup in February, the panels are generating about 1/4 of their usual output. For example total for July this year was 110 kWh, but July 2021 was over 400.

Anyone any idea why this could be happening? Any settings I could check?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

What fuse in the inverter. Was it the installation company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jkforde

just an FYI to new Solis inverter owners..

I just realized that the inverter clock is wonky and had added 8mins in last 16mths, an atomic clock it ain't! very simple to manually update so no biggy but just to be aware

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Yeah, I've noticed that myself. I suspect the temperature variations are causing the drift.

I set up a weekly job to sync the time on the inverter via Modbus and that has resolved the issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

In the last 2/3 days, I'm seeing a new inverter has appeared on my solis app, its showing as "abnormal offline"

see screenshot below

Anyone ever had this happen to them?

@DrPhilG Didnt you have a random one show up on yours recently too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭con747

I had one show up after my inverter was swapped out for a bigger size so it was just the old inverter showing on the app beside the new one.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement