Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

green diesel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

Did she not raise any concerns about taking peoples details like that. Everyone has the right to the protection of personal data concerning themselves and I doubt saying I was told to do so would be protection from prosecution or a law suit from someone. It constitutes a breach of GDPR which is a criminal offence, and as it turns out a very lucrative one judging by the number of free no win no fee Solicitors campaigning for work now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Couldn't agree more no way would I give that information and if they persisted I'd be getting my diesel somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Well oil is at record prices at the moment. Probably 3 times the price of 2 years ago. Thats excuse enough for it being stolen.

There was a spate of it back around 10 years ago being carried out by a family not too far from me but they were caught red handed on a few occasions. The word got out. Lads improved their security and there's no empty tanks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Silverdream

Some of the forecourts are gone to card only. The days of filling up and going into the shop to pay are numbered. I think it is because of al the drive off's that are occurring

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Wouldn't use a lot here. 250lts €410 delivered. Marginally cheaper if I went to 500lts +

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,599 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Asked daughter there, one drive off in 3 years working in shop. Cctv, tells all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭DBK1

Out of curiosity how many acres an hour would you have been mowing? T6080 here and according to the sidewinder it’s averaging about 16-18 litres an hour mowing with a 10 foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

About 50 acres so about 8 or 9 hours that particular day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭DBK1

She was light in diesel so. You were doing 5.5-6 acres an hour with 11 litres. We’d be doing around 7 acres an hour at 16-18 litres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭cute geoge

A big difference between cutting toppings and a double crop .In heavy crop for precession silage the old rule of thump for cutting with a 10 foot conditioner was a gallon/acre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

That'll come again as usual, when the squeeze finally sinks in next month, after all the summer vacations & back to school costs e.t.c.

Hard to beat tipping around in a miser on fuel of a yoke these days.no harm maybe, was a lot of lads running round the roads on fuel hungry vehicle's there for a long time.show boating as they say, at least some of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Ahh the girl is probably delighted to have work without asking awkward questions.

She should do what she’s expected, let a customer take it up with manager or better again go get there green elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭kk.man

The powers of the Revenue is unreal. Dermot O'Brien et al took them on and most lost. Just refer an arkward customer to Revenue and see if they follow through. They are the only state body who can enter a premises without a warrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭kk.man

Plus 1 and wouldn't have the price of a slice pan on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I don't buy green at the pumps but most places I see selling it have the notice displayed, and also regs nos. recorded on cctv.

You might soon be doing a lot of driving to find your 'elsewhere'

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭AnF Chuckie egg

Reading from a few Oil analysts on Bloomberg they reckon another Oil shock at this stage and we could be looking at $340/Barrel. Likely source of this shock could be a further disruption of Oil from Russia, and Ironically it could be the Ukrainians that cause it as they are increasing starting to hit targets with Russia. They didn't think that Oil production in Russia has any defense from sabotage or attacks from Ukraine.

I wonder how the hell the world can tip toe around the problem of Arming Ukraine to defend itself while at the same time stop them from carrying out attacks to hurt Russian Oil supplies

Green back down under €1.50 now, I hope it keeps falling

It can go to 340 a barrel if it wants to but that would leave green at roughly €3 a litre and white €5 a litre. Don't think too many vehicles would be moving with them costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Priced online for green between €1 49 and €1.56 incl VAT. The price has to come a long long way back yet or it will speed up the onslaught of this recession regardless of the war.

On a side note,filled up in Sweden with road diesel last week. €2.60 a litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭AnF Chuckie egg

The $340 a Barrel would because of a 4 million Barrel per day missing from world supply, so it may not even be a case of people not willing to pay it at that stage, it could be that it just isn't there to be got at any price.

Definitely no white Diesel being bought at $5 a litre, I'd say everyone that can at that stage will say feck it I've no choice but to burn Green. I'd be thinking there's already a lot of green being burn in cars and jeeps at the current prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Bought it in the same place this week with no questionaire to fill out

• Registered Users Posts: 36,146 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would be cheaper to drive to spain, get ferry Almeria to Oran, fill her up, and drive back .😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭893bet

Topped tank and home heating oil. Will see us through to next summer. God is good after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭148multi

Heard of a few, hear there's a huge problem in the UK, all machinery involved in non agri work has to use white. Am told they can't stop it being stole nightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Thinking now is a good time to fill kero and green as barrell price is back .Looking online quotes kero at best 1.36 and green 1.43 .I taught they might have come back more but the usual story .Any one get better price and location .I am In Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭enricoh

Oil has fallen below $100 a barrel, anyone know will that make green n kerosene cheaper in the coming weeks? I know the euro v dollar is brutal at the minute will that negate any savings.

Need about 1000 kerosene n 2000 green so even 10% drop could save me e500.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

It rise above 100 a barrel today i believe. Confidence or lack of , in the immediate future re a recession caused it to drop back.

€1:38 a litre yesterday for 1000litres of green inc vat in cavan. €1:42 for 500 litres.

Time to find a clean 5 gallon drum maybe, or maybe not as anytime i remember them around here they often introduced dirt to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Tileman

Yea my tractor is tuning trouble for that very reason. Dirt in the diesel line is so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

I bought a few drums yesterday passing the local pump. It was just under 1.70/litre. The father almost dropped when I told him! It’s more expensive it’s getting down here more than anything…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Tileman

1.64 at pump for me aswell for a few drums. Was 1.70 last week though

Advertisement