Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

Its amazing when Russia claims to have destroyed more equipment than Ukraine had before the start of war and have captured same villages 4 times in a row.

Investigative journalist Proekt We have analyzed all the statements made by Russian Defense Ministry representative Igor Konashenkov since the beginning of the war. They found many contradictions, especially regarding the order in which Russia occupied Ukrainian territory and the amount of Ukrainian equipment that Russia claimed to have destroyed.

I hope for a Ukrainan offensive to shut the russians up once and for all,and send them home humiliated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

update on Ukraine from an actual informed source, American.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

It looks like Kyiv will be given effective missile protection.

Therefore, I'm hoping that any dangerous looking assault of Kharkiv will be a red line crossed.

It really does seem that Ukraine won't be allowed to be overrun by the filth in fatigues.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭shivaz

You can go home if you know the right people and pay.

(R)=Russsian soldier (W)=His mother

(R): Hello, mum?

(W): Oh, hi son, hi my dear. How are you my dear?

(R): Alright… Tell me, did you go?

(W): Yes, I did, I met Yura, I gave him the money for Hasparian’s deputy, Hasparian promises for this money to transfer you to Perevalnoye. Finally you’ll be taken out of there, my God, I’m so happy…

(R): There’s… there’s three of us like that here, and nothing good is coming out of this…

(W): What? What are you talking about? How’s that?

(R): Nothing… no one is rotated, only sent to some *ss. Might “off” you there too.

(W): How’s it possible? They took so much money. It cannot be. I don’t believe, I don’t believe, you’ll be transferred certainly, son, please don’t say this, you’ll be transferred!

(R): F*ck no! One has already been sent like this…

(W): No! You’ll be transferred! They took my last money!!!

(R): Anyway! Enough, that’s it, come on.

(W): Son!

(R): *hangs up*

Call no.2 The price has gone up

(R1)=Russian soldier 1 (R2)=Russian soldier 2

(R1): I’m trying to call Seryoga “Ryba”, to text him, you see? Maybe we can get to someone through him, he’s the only hope, to f*ck with this. Better to give the money, sell the car, f*ck this sh*t, we’ll earn more again…

(R2): Seryoga? Which Seryoga?

(R1): F*ck, “Ryba”! Seryoga, from the meat processing plant…

(R2): Ah! 

(R1): He’s *unintelligible*, you see?

(R2): I see… Look, they made it here and took two guys away, you see? So I wondered…

(R1): Took where?

(R2): To Donetsk! To a different unit…

(R1): To f*ck with these units! We need to get the f*ck out of here…

(R2): Demobilisation is $20,000.

(R1): HOW MUCH?!

(R2): $20,000

(R1): Are they f*cking insane?! I know it was $2,000… but not $20,000!

(R2): When was it?!

(R1): Back when… when everyone was being swept up! It was $2,000!

(R2): Yes, when they were sweeping, but now, when the people are already here… of course. They now raised *the price*. Anyway, the certificate saying that you are unfit… is half a million (roubles). 

(R1): C*unts, profiting from this… I’m unfit anyway! By law… I’m not meant to be here at all!

(R2): I know that! Just don’t even think telling this to anyone!..

If you know the right people and pay you may just get screwed over.The great russian culture of making money.

https://wartranslated.com/category/intercepted-calls/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I got to be honest I take these intercepted calls with pinches of salt. I'm sure a few of them are real, but they're a little too convenient for me overall.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

• Registered Users Posts: 18,516 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The vast majority strike me as being genuine. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen evidence of even one of them being faked, going by the reaction of native Russian speakers on YouTube.

The Kremlin supporters were out in force in the early weeks trying hard to discredit them but so many conversations have been uploaded, often using localised or regional Russian slang words, that it seems very hard to imagine that there is some propaganda factory producing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Whatever about Crimea, too much sacrifice, death & destruction has been dealt out by the Russians for the Donbas to be given up too. As long as European neighbours can keep arming Ukraine and assisting with intelligence, the Russian occupying forces will be bled dry and forced to retreat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Didn't some high up politician or military lad in Ukraine say that things would turn in their favour come August? With the extra weapons and what not on the way, the training ongoing and August only a few weeks away - they could be right (providing someone said that and I wasn't dreaming)

• Advertisement

Russia the country based on lies,deception and misinformation

• Registered Users Posts: 35,957 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

🤣

It kind of looks like Bernie Ecclestone running accounts on boards.

"I'm not defending him in any shape or form, but having said that, I'd catch a hot lead in my spine for him. Top bloke. But not really. But top bloke though."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I would be shocked if F1 hadn't been chock full of oligarch dirty money and for years with it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Looks like the Russians are trying to play around with Ukrainian nuclear plants.

I get they are trying to shut down the plant by draining the pools to deprive Ukraine of 20% electricity, but surely that's the like trying to stop your car by aiming for the brick wall?

All Eyes On Rafah

The vast majority strike me as being genuine. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen evidence of even one of them being faked, going by the reaction of native Russian speakers on YouTube.

The problem is Straz, we who support Ukraine want them to be genuine. We're primed to accept them as genuine out of the gate because of that support. The Russki BS, though more obvious for the most part(because they're used to, or appeal to a less media savvy base) is also seen as just as genuine by their supporters and for the same reason. Every side in every war that ever was has used propaganda and flitered truth or pushed one truth over another, before, during and after. Hell pick any nation who fought in WW2 and you'll find their national narratives today are chock full of half truths all the way up to utter bollocks. Of course they have and Ukraine is no different. Because it works. The first casualty of war and all that. It doesn't lessen my support for Ukraine, I'm just cautious about such stuff.

Secondly "native Russian speakers" are no gauge. Who are these native Russian speakers and what is their default position? I'm quite sure if you trawled Russian social media and their mainstream government controlled media you'll find the exact same corroborations about their stuff and as you note dismissal of Ukrainian leaks. Plus Ukraine is full of native Russian speakers(even including their president, which makes Russian BS even more obvious) and actual Russians who support them. If you wanted to fake such calls in Ukraine it would be stupidly easy.

I'm not saying they're all faked, but my personal take would be that in the early days such convos were much more likely to be real, EG the call between the scum husband and his scum wife where she gave him permission to rape Ukrainian women, and look at the worldwide reactive support that garnered for Ukraine(they also tracked them down and released their names and pics). They'd be remiss for not exploiting that kinda thing. Put it another way; have they ever released calls that had Russian troops telling rellies how good it was all going? And there has to be a few of those, given that after a piss poor start they are currently in control of a fair chunk of Ukrainian territory. Of course not, but you can bet the Russians have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,429 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

The BBC telling the story of Russia's 331st parachute regiment.

Russia's on drugs. Putin, the government, the army, the veterans, the people. Only way to explain it.

All because of the usual utter madness and ego of those you namechecked, but mostly putin and his crooked cronies.

• Advertisement

But if you watch these videos on YouTube (and there are many), very few Russian speakers ever doubt their veracity. It's not just that the Russian language is being spoken in the clips but often feature Russian accents from various parts of the country, as well as regional Russian slang words or sayings that wouldn't even be familiar to a Ukrainian Russian language speaker (sometimes the video subtitles will say they can't translate what is being said or that they don't understand the soldier's terminology or accent).

Also, the conversations are often very mundane and don't have striking revelations - a guy complaining to his wife about low morale in the unit, or the quality of the food being poor, or about having a row with one of his commanding officers. It seems quite hard to believe that some Ukrainian propaganda factory is going to the trouble of producing these clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I work with two Russian-based contractors. Shortly after war broke they were told they would either have to relocate or have their contracts cancelled. One left for Germany, the other remained in Russia and I haven't heard from him since.

The west should really be doing more to encourage the Russian brain drain. Offer any Russian under 30 with a degree a condition-free visa to work in Europe or America. It would drive Putin stone mad and for that alone would be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

I would stick in a provision of no military service for the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

So gas and coal can be transported also gold and other stuff. I really hope the German people revolt and give these clowns a reckoning. It has to be at this stage called out that so many of their politicians are compromised. Either though money or they have something on them. There is no other explanation for Germany's stance. It beggars belief that 6 months of no gas from Russia will implode Germany. There looking for the easy out imop.

Another German pile on. The polish pm said this yesterday. But Germany bad.

”"Both sides concluded that it is worth agreeing a plan that will not violate de facto implementation of the sanctions, because, frankly speaking, the Kaliningrad Oblast is a very small part of Russia," Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki told a news conference”

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ZenNature

Many Russians have Israeli ancestry, and many are choosing to relocate to Israel, some are even managing to keep their job with a western company. Double whammy as Israel pays for relocation costs so no expense for the Russian or the company.

Now is moving to Israel better than staying in Russia, it brings up all sorts of other questions and issues for another conversation.

Also Russian labour law allows you to work outside the country for 6 months (open to correction) , so where possible if they have family/friends outside Russia much of the brain drain has begun. But its alot of brains to drain.

" Pity you're avoiding all the other points raised while capslocking "FACTS" thinking this makes them so. Russia's economy is small by world standards, microscopic by the standards of her size and natural resources. All they have is oil and gas, and nukes.  "

Yep all they have is oil and gas... if you ignore its one of the worlds largest exporters of all of the following products , all of which you and everyone you see today will use multiple times today , tomorrow and forever more

WOOD

STEEL

FERTILIZER

CEREAL

ALUMINIM

ORES

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

It's very difficult to see how out of touch, and out of sync many of these politicians are with the reality of the world. Very poor leadership from them.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement

Everyone has probably seen the Ukrainian press briefings where captured Russian soldiers have been paraded to answer questions and talk about how they have been let down with poor equipment and leadership etc. , probably true who knows dont they say first casualty of war is truth , anyways

I watch RT on RUMBLE sometimes and it was interesting when Russian military brought out an English soldier who had been captured by Russian forces. the news anchor advised viewers that any statements they hear " will have been given under duress " .

And yes I know RT is a Putin apologist and full of Russian spin and dis-information.

I just found it interesting that Ive never heard any of the western media prefacing their news pieces by saying any statements may have been given under duress.

Anyways the poor british sod , just wanted to get home to his family, lets hope he makes it out in some prisoner exchange.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement