Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I agree, I'd also say all Tesla's will not qualify for the grant come the end of the year given inevitable future price increases. Second hand values will be above original Spring 2022 purchase price

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,939 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There's a bit of wiggle room above the current base (in white with aero wheels) M3SR for a price increase but it might soon be the case than any color or any change to interior or wheels costs you the cost of the change + loss of 5k grant

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

With escalation in petrol prices cost of living increase and environmental commitments, I cant see the Government removing the EV grant at budget in October . Might just be the time to incentive change over and increase it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

They scrapped the grant for PHEVs unexpectedly last year, but I think very unlikely they will do same for BEV at this point in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I know it's not going to happen, but I would prefer to see VRT abolished on EVs and the grant (Or reduced grant) only available on lower priced cars. This would bring us more in line with the rest of Europe. Lower priced cars would remain similar enough to now, but because it would benefit the majority of more expensive family sized EVs, it is probably a non runner.

If the country is serious about transitioning from ICE, then we need more sales of EVs; the ones that manufacturers are presently producing are more expensive here than other European countries, mainly due to VRT (But also our higher VAT). How else will we have a supply of second hand cars in the future?

The word 'Grant' implies the government are giving (often wealthier purchasers) something for nothing. Reducing taxation often doesn't look so bad..🙂

• Advertisement

All the grants in the world won't impact the supply issue

• Registered Users Posts: 34 col_m999

Got a text back from tesla number I was dealing with for the trade in quote, that I text about the delivery time coming in. Said the "estimation" can come in but it's "purely just a guide". If I want to push back, then contact them when I get delivery date and they will "see what options are open to me at the time".

Bit ambiguous but looks like an option to push out. He doesn't sound confident on the August to October window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

The short EDD is a bit dubious alright given the worldwide shortages and shutdowns etc I certainly wasn’t expecting anything sooner than 2023 but at this stage would probably take the M3 in the autumn if it comes, it may be a case that they have a RHD build run scheduled and we have made it in as part of the quota. Any of the autumn deliveries appear to be non white, did anyone that ordered a white in the last 2 weeks get an expedited date?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Good to know thanks, so it’s across the board, hopefully the EDD holds true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I ordered white LR with 19” wheels in Feb.

Originaly August, now Aug-Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

Got an update yesterday, Tesla cancelled the service. They said that it's a known issue with the firmware on the charge port ECU and that no hardware has to be replaced. They expect the problem to be fixed in the 2022.24 software update. They said if the problem persists I've to try turning off sentry mode, lock the car and walk away for a few minutes so the car goes asleep, then unlock the car and try charging again as this will be the equivalent of a 'modem reset'

Luckily I've only had one issue CCS charging since, and that sorted itself out by reinserting the plug.

Turn it off, turn it on again eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fungie

Ordered my blue RWD model 3 last week with an estimated date of end Jan - end March. Now it's saying 15 Aug -14 September. Not sure what's going on .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

yeah I'd take that with a pinch of salt......

If you want it in 2023, and they offer it to you before then, just refuse it and you'll then go into the Q1 2023 delivery cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Mine too. Same dates.

Lots of comments saying to take it with a pinch of salt.... Has this been the case for people who have taken receipt of their Tesla already... Did the date keep honing in closer and closer and then backed off again??

To me (first timer wrt Tesla order) is looks like they are coming closer and closer to an actual date as the window gets tighter and tighter???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I'm the same - first timer here too and noticed this morning that my EDD pulled in from Aug - Oct to Aug - Sept. I'm happy out with this but trying not to get too excited. Although it does make sense that as the time goes by, they are in a better position to narrow down the actual arrival date. Dunno why they would bring the EDD down to within 30 days and then push it back out 2-3 months after that.

Just waiting to hear finance decision (this is via Tesla I believe) and my assigned VIN

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AFOL

Edit - Mixed up my months

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

It's probably all determined by an algorithm they have which knows roughly how many of what configuration of cars will be on the next shipments coming to Europe (or going anywhere). At time of order they play it safe and say April - June 2023 (thats what it was when I ordered 2 weeks ago). Then as they know what cars will be on what ships and when, they start provisionally assigning you those cars which bumps up your DD (Mine immediately went to Oct-Dec 2022). Then as the ships that are already en route get closer, they'll start throwing up inventory cars on their site (every ship gets sent with x amount of cars that are destined for inventory (to attract impulse buyers with cash who don't to wait)*, and if they don't get much traction they'll just assign those cars to firm orders, and bump your DD even further (mine is now August 15th - September 14th (white RWD, black interior, 18" wheels)).

*Note to anyone with an order and you want it asap;

If you see a car show up on inventory thats the same spec you ordered (or even slightly different and you still want it), and your delivery date is still a good bit off, call/email Tesla and ask them to match that car to your order. They'll do it. inventory cars are usually gone the same day they show up, so you need to be quick on the draw.... loads of Boardsies have gotten their cars faster by doing that, including me back in 2020... ordered on January 18th and collected the car on March 13th (delivery delayed by 1 week as they were so busy with what was only the 2nd shipment of Model 3's into Ireland after a few years of only selling S/X in dribs and drabs...).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I originally ordered Jan this year for estimated end May delivery, but an inventory popped up in early Feb, expected arrival end Feb/early March. Called Tesla immediately to match me to car, picked up 1st March.

I think had I not changed my order I still would have got my original order in March.

For anyone with recent orders I think deliveries may be quicker than originally thought. Looks like production in Shanghai is back to normal or increasing. And with all the problems in the world, possibly there will be cancellations due to price increases etc. Just a hunch, nothing to back that up with..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

The EDDs are a roller-coaster! I placed my order on 4th May and the EDD has been updated 4 times since, 3 times in the last week! It's hard to know what to believe, but I'm sure everyone needs some more certainty around actual delivery times.

4th May - Placed an order, EDD January - March (2023)

6th June - EDD changed to Jan 4th to Feb 18th (2022)

23rd June - EDD changed to August 30th - October 14th (2022)

27th June - EDD changed to August 23rd - October 7th (2022)

30th June - EDD changed to August 15th - September 14th (2022)

First world problems, but people will need time to sort out trade-ins or private sales, motor finance, home charging etc. I taxed my ICE car today, but only for 6 months instead of 12. My ICE car also due a service next month.

Meanwhile, no sign the price of petrol or diesel will be back to normal anytime soon.

My Feb order was August EDD, two weeks later I was updated to March, accepted it and it never charged

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭comerla

delivery date brought forward by another 2 weeks. Now I am looking at about 6 weeks from today. The car must be almost on the boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I bought from inventory and even then the wait seemed endless. You are probably in for what seems like 6 weeks of Christmas Eves, counting down the sleeps until the big day. 😁

If my delivery date is actually for Aug-Sep, when should I start with getting home charger and everything else I'll need?

First is to apply for the €600 home charge point grant, don't start anything until then as you need approval first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I applied last week and got letter of offer later that day. Most companies seem to offer both a charger (non-tesla) and installation in their price. I'm currently looking around now for certified electricians to install only as I'll prob pick up a tesla wall charger myself (Gen 2) as they seem to be a lot cheaper than the other alternatives that I'm being quoted with.

Does anyone have any recommendations for electricians who can do this and are certified as per the grant?

Out of interest, why would someone buy the older version of charger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whykay

There’s a list of tesla recommended electricians you can search for via https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/support/home-charging

Advertisement