Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curve - what’s it all about then

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Tried a small transaction (<10e) using Curve with EBS, went through as normal as if there was no SCA on either card which is presumably because it's a small amount and if it were required it would be asked for on the Curve card.

Is it normal that transaction shows up as 2 separate transactions at same time with one of them pending and counts the spend total as double until the transaction is fully processed? Just one transaction pending on EBS account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Quackster wrote: »
    Haven't in a while but I use Curve with N26 all the time and it doesn't trigger N26's SCA so I would be hopeful it wouldn't any other provider's SCA either (unless it's been newly added to Curve).

I use curve with avantcard, KBC, bunq, and N26. No issues with triggering SCA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭celticsfan

Hi folks,

Just registered for this on the app,would anyone be able to tell me is the card you get after registering the same number until your physical card arrives?? or is it only a temporary one until you get your actual card?? cheers

celticsfan wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Just registered for this on the app,would anyone be able to tell me is the card you get after registering the same number until your physical card arrives?? or is it only a temporary one until you get your actual card?? cheers

My curve card doesn't have a number on it, so I assume the number in the app would be your permanent card number.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The number is on the back of the physical card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

celticsfan wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭Jeff2

My card number in app is the same as physical card.

It says card CVC and expiry date were updated when I activated my card.

I guess that means activate by using pin in shop or ATM.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The number is on the back of the physical card.

Not on mine, nothing on it but my name.

McGaggs wrote: »
    Not on mine, nothing on it but my name.

When did you get the card.

Mine I have used for years has all information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

I just found out that physical cards are now free. I just ordered one

• Advertisement

Jeff2 wrote: »
    When did you get the card.

Mine I have used for years has all information.

The original one has the number on the back of it, but the replacement doesn't have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,822 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

zell12 wrote: »

Why don't you try it out and let us know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I signed up last week and got a free physical card and £5.00 added to my account.

I’m not seeing any cash backs going in though even though I chose three retailers and have spent with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

They are crowd funding again for anyone thats interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

adox wrote: »

Saw that. I put in £1,000 last time and will probably put £10,000 in this time.

Crowdcube have some kind of secondary market now so I wonder what my original investment would be able to achieve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭lordsheepface

adox wrote: »

What are the benefits here? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

What are the benefits here? Thanks

That sometime in the future they have an IPO or get bought out and those who have invested get so much money back that it makes people who bought bitcoin at 0.14c jealouse.

Or maybe there will be other perks for buying in like lastime.

I got a metal card, subscription and socks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I've had Curve for years and never had a problem with it until tonight. Went to open up the app and there's advertising on it for 1% cash back over 30 days or some other rubbish, however, it now keeps asking me to enter a verification code which has been sent to my phone number.

When I try entering the five digits I keep getting the message, 'error validating verification code', get another code?

Can anyone help me out please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Is anyone else having issues getting refunds back when the Curve Card is used. I have two outstanding refunds from Amazon that are yet to appear on the Curve card. Amazon have said it has been refunded, but I am getting now replies from the Chat feature on the app.

I am also missing some money from amounts that were pre-authorised on a hotel visit in December.

Would anyone happen to have a phone number for them so I could try to speak to someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭lordsheepface

I had a lot of trouble with pre-auths and Curve. Took 3 weeks to get them back. Had to have the merchant send me proof of the refund/cancellation of the pre-auth for Curve to release the funds back to me. Curve support is very poor. They are slow. They are very robotic too and to me they seem to be working off the basis of just replying rather than trying to solve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Yes, that is what I am facing.

Very slow at replying, and asking for the same information a few times.

Its actually putting me off using it for anything that might happen to need a refund, which is disappointing as I was liking the service up until now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭spuddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

What do people think of the new changes to the free tier, like being limited to adding only two cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OrangeLavender

It doesn't really impact me too much. I got Curve just for one card which doesn't work with Google pay. I think back to a job I was in a few years ago with a lot of travel and if I was still in a job like that, I probably would go up to the paid tier now just because I would have found it really helpful for expenses etc.

Looks like I can still add another card even though I have two already.

I'll try it tomorrow.

As I found a card to hand I just tried add it as 3rd card and it worked fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

The email i got said the changes will come into effect in 60 days from the date the email was sent. Not sure what happens if you have more than two cards added before this date.

The limit on going back in time will be a big issue for me. I default to my credit card, then go back in time to whatever card it should be on. I may as well muck about with cards in the Google pay app as the curve app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I'd imagine you will be forced to remove cards until you are down to two cards.

Advertisement