Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney Plus via Turkey Annual sub €21 (Apple TV Required)

• 14-06-2022 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I was playing around with my Apple TV a few weeks ago and managed to find this amazing hack 😊 Content is as per the country you are living in, not Turkish content.

This worked for me and hopefully it will work for you, you need an Apple TV.

You will need at least one new email address that you haven’t used before to sign-up for Apple ID or Disney+ . I used AnonAddy which is a free email forwarding service that you can forward to your own address.

https://anonaddy.com/

1. Download Disney Plus app from Apple TV App store using your regular Apple ID

Create a new Apple ID using a Turkish address and a new email – (Google a Turkish address) and select payment method as none, it will not accept an overseas payment method. You can use your own Irish mobile number for verification. Instructions below

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204316#web

2. Once new Apple ID is created and verified add it to your Apple TV and switch to your Turkish Apple ID Account once added. Instructions below:

https://www.imore.com/how-set-multiple-accounts-your-apple-tv

3. Purchase Turkish iTunes Gift Cards from Turgame, I bought 7 x 50 TL which gives me 350 TL (Approx. €21 inc service charges).

https://www.turgame.com/apple-itunes-gift-card-50-tl-itunes-key-turkey/

4. Download iTunes on Windows PC (Couldn’t get it to work with my Mac) if you don’t already have it and sign in with your Turkish Apple ID and redeem the gift cards using the following instructions:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/itunes/itns3093/windows

5. Finally open the Disney+ App your Apple TV and follow the signup process (I used a new email address which I hadn’t previously used with D+ before), if you receive an email verification during this process turn on VPN to Turkey before clicking on mail link just in case. After verification continue with signup process and you should be prompted with monthly signup (can’t remember price) and annual signup for 350 TL. Select which option you like, and the subscription will be processed using your Turkish iTunes account funds.Once successfully subscribed you can sign in on multiple devices etc.

Post edited by AB7 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Thanks for the post! I spent half the day trying the Android method without success, and I don't have an Apple TV, so tried it with an iPhone and got it working.

1. Same as Step 1 above.
    2. Switch to the Turkish App Store account on iPhone as shown on https://osxdaily.com/2021/10/29/use-different-apple-id-app-store-purchases/ and download the Disney+ app.
    3. Same as Step 3 above.
    4. Redeem gift cards on iPhone as shown on https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201209
    5. Same as Step 5 above.

I've since installed the Disney+ app on a couple of Android TVs, and was able to use the Turkish Disney account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

got as far as here

Select which option you like, and the subscription will be processed using your Turkish iTunes account funds.Once successfully subscribed you can sign in on multiple devices etc.

but no option to pay with itunes funds , does this only appear when you have redeemed the vouchers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AB7

Just pay by phone or card , still waiting for the iTunes vouchers, had to do a security check

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AB7

Definitely should be an option to subscribe via iTunes if your using the D+ app.

• Advertisement

Can’t do anything at the moment , couldn’t get verification text through Eir when I was attempting to buy the iTunes vouchers from turgame , used a different number to verify and I think it made them suspicious , now I’m still waiting to be verified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Spn744

This how I managed to get the price on an android device/bluestacks (android emulator for PC)

1. Create a fresh gmail account whilst connected to a Turkish VPN server in a private browser, to ensure google is recognising you as in Turkey search “my location” before setting up the account. 

2. Enter your new account info and password and click create account.

3. Gmail will more than likely ask you for a phone verification, it’s fine to use your Irish number.

4. Go into the google play store, sign into your new account and search for a paid game (such as GTA San Andreas) and ensure the currency is showing as TRY.

5. Click top right on your profile > settings > add payment method.

6. When prompted for a post code google a business in Turkey such as a McDonald’s and type this in. 

7. Download Disney+ from the play store, if you have downloaded it previously on your device delete this first.

8. Turn off your VPN and go into the Disney app. 

9. Click create new account and enter the new gmail address. 

10. When prompted to sign up ensure it shows TRY prices where you can select monthly or yearly. 

11. Proceed with the google play store payment set up and confirm. 

Windscribe and Revolut were used for this method. Any questions I’ll try and help 

got the vouchers and as soon as I applied them it worked,

I opted for the yearly sub and it was taken automatically, don’t really need Disney plus but can’t resist a bargain , thanks to all posters .

used an iPhone as could not redeem vouchers on iTunes

Post edited by Tony H on

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭andydurnin

Just signed up to Disney plus there for €20 for the year via turkey. Used a VPN, new Google email address which I used for new profile in play store on my Android phone and paid with my Revolut virtual card. Thats it now sorted for the year. What a bargain. 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

HI,

would like to be able to set this up. Just on the VPN - do you need to purchase this software?. I used a VPN a few years ago when trying to watch something on the BBC PLayer that I had missed; looked recently for VPN software and it was a paid service.

TIA

• Advertisement

A vpn is just an app on your phone, download “Seed4Me VPN” it has a free 7 day trial and you don’t have to put in your card details. That should get you set for all you need to sign up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Post edited by Roberto_gas on

managed to get google sub screen with revolut card using vpn but payment not going through ! Used virtual card

worked with physical card !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

have been trying on Android, but when i get to payment screen it comes up standard pricing in euro?

do i need to start from scratch with a new email

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭andydurnin

You need to set up a new gmail and add it to your google play account while having your vpn on and set to turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

strange cos the price in playstore of the gta game comes up in turkish

maybe i hadn't added the card first time I'll give it another shot

Another dumb question; we do have an Apple TV but haven't used it in years; got a new TV recently enough and the Disney + App already on the TV; do I need to dust off the old Apple TV and will the App already having been installed be a problem? tia

no just login using new sub u register on ur phone on the TV App! U dont need apple tv if your TV has the app

Brill, thanks 😊

will give it a go at the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭samboy08

I'm finding apple tv plus are constantly bringing out really good content. Will this method work signing up to an Indian account using gift cards? Has anyone tried to get apple tv plus with india? Assuming that india is the cheapest price.

HI, I am unable to use Revolut Virtual card or any credit/debit cards - get the message that my payment method / jursidiction not allowed.

I also don't see any option for redeeming a gift card, Tony when you applied the voucher did that payment option appear just after?

tia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

To redeem a voucher you need to put /redeem after the URL.

to redeem the vouchers go into the App Store , make sure you are on Turkish Apple ID and VPN , then tap account icon on top right of screen , next screen you will see

Redeem gift card or code , enter code and all should work

just make sure you are logged in to your Turkish ID on iPhone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Thanks very much for this. Worked a charm but one part.

When the google pay verification popped up during the account payment in the app for payment, I had to turn back on the VPN on my android phone. Once I did that, my revolut card went through no probs. I signed up for the month to make sure it worked first and might change to the annual later. But still, 2 euro a month is a great deal. 😉

Glad it worked for you and appreciate the showing of the update of how you got past the issue you experienced, hopefully that helps someone out! I signed up monthly also €1.94 for me, bargain 😀

Hi,

thanks for the help. Worked with the gift cards. Kids delighted here.

enjoy - thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭pelluci

Had the same problem myself, created a second Gmail account with the VPN on, exactly as per the steps and the price still showed in Euro. What worked for me was removing the Google account I'd previously used to subscribe, then I got the lira price. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mermaidhair

Hi, I have been trying this on android too, I get the subscription price in price in TRL but my revolut isn't accepted...both physical and virtual. I tried turning vpn on and off at this stage too but revolut is not accepted. Any ideas? thanks

• Advertisement

Try to generate a new virtual card and try ? Mine worked...physical did not work

Advertisement