If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48" / 50" New TV

Options
  • 30-06-2022 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

I've been looking for a 50" (or 48") TV and was looking at the Samsung QE50NQ94A. However after reading some reviews I'm not sure this is the right choice. There are comments about sound setup on different inputs causing problems when an external device is switched off, "blurr" on the picture watching football, reflection on the screen etc... but I'm not sure if these are comments from an average person or just people with high expectations. You have this at a great price at €799.

I'm not fixed on any manufacturer, as for budget I would start at the €800 and go up to approx. €1200. Could you recommend an alternative TV and what would your opinion on the Samsung above be ?

The TV won't be used for gaming, standard TV channels, sports, netflix, prime, streaming.

Secondly I have a basic Sony surround sound system, the amp stopped working and might need replacing. It's 20yr's old so could do with an upgrade. What would you recommend here, I have 2 small front speakers and 2 at the rear plus a subwoofer. Would this affect the TV choice as the Samsung above isn't Atmos. Note I'm not looking for theatre quality sound, just a good basic setup.

Thanks Gerry.

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.