Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I paid 48.5k for a 73KW Ioniq 5 past month. Compared to the eNiro my Ioniq seems great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭fafy

That pricing for thr new E niro, is a little off grid alright, a massive increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,987 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Think the old one was more like €42150 or at least that's what I was told.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Was about €39k or so on the website but yes, on the road price was close to €42k

That's why I am wondering if the new one, on the road price, will be close to €50k ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

I paid €40,500 in January of this year. This included metallic Paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

Ok I think they must be joking, 45k is too much. If anybody is selling the older model, let me know..

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bioscaller

The all-new Niro EV K4 €45,715 and 46 with that C-Pillar.

The other thing is the small print and I got this confirmed already as this was already discussed with German KIA Dealers.

All prices quoted include indicative NOX levies based on information available at time of print. Please check with your dealer for confirmation. For 2021/2022, taxation is based on WLTP Co2 values. Prices exclude delivery and related charges. Also excluded are the new regulations on tyres, which adds€2.80 per tyre. All the information and specifications are correct at the time of printing and are subject to change without notification, Warranty is for 7 years/150,000km

If you order a E-Niro and your delivery is January 2023, you wont get the guaranteed price you ordered it for. Could be well up at around 50k for next year.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Finally getting to stretch the legs of the Niro, and the difference the weather makes,

Done Dundrum to home (very north Donegal) via Belfast because it's a nicer drive and the same time landed home with 17% left.

Home to Blancherstown in the wet, 12% left. Speed limit the whole way, no messing around! (Its about 340ish km)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭GIMickey

Got a price from Kia today.

Price in January would have been just over 40K.

Price I got from Kia today for the new Niro EV 4...... 48K. That's unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

That is a huge jump! Especially considering the battery is the same size.

I'm interested in changing soon, but may look at something else. I have a 211 eNiro with 26,000km on the clock. Any ideas what I could get for it?

Most likely more than you paid for it

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Evilcamper

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bioscaller

It is. Check the price list.

Those prices are known since last week and it was expected. E-Niro prices increased in other countries so no surprise there and as I mentioned before, they wont guarantee the price due to shortage, demand. 48 must be inc. all cost and a gap insurance. Got a price of 46.650 with C-Pillar.

I order mine back in January with a deposit for the old model but order could not be fulfilled. Was only expecting to pay 41K with gap insurance. The 48k i have been quote was a real kick to the nuts.

If the grant is 10k (Grant and VRT), does this make the cars full cost nearly 56k?

I was given a delivery window for October, however i do see a ship has set sail from Korea to Cork and its expected in on July 28th. This could be PHEV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Miscreant

€46k plus another roughly €2k in dealer charges/metallic paint for the new Niro?! That is immediately off my list then, as is everything north of €38k anyway.

They'll still fly out the door though as there seems to be a never-ending stream of buyers in this country with nearly €50k burning holes in their pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

It could also be Ceed's, Picanto's, Rio's, Stonic's, Sportage's etc ...

In addition, it will dropoff at other locations en-route and others after too. So it won't be a ship full for Ireland.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mostly it's a simple case of PCP math. I don't look at the purchase price of a car, I just look at monthly TCO, payment + running costs is the only thing that matters.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

The VRT exemption reduces from 40k to nothing at 50k, There is a full SEAI grant of 5k (for BEV only) and the VRT reduction is fairly low at that price point too.

Thanks for that update, that would explain why the car is so much more expensive.

• Advertisement

If the cost of the car is 45710 with the grant then its safe to say without grant its 50710.

Just looked at the grants and vrt excempt is up to 50k cars.

Why would kia not absorb the 711 euro cost and pass the vrt savings and grant to the customer making the car cost 40k?

That's not how the VRT works.

For every €2 increase in selling price over €40,000 you lose €1 of the VRT exemption.

If the car cost €40,000 a €5,000 grant and a €5,000 VRT exemption would be available meaning you would pay €30,000.

If the car cost €45,000 a €5,000 grant and a €2,500 VRT exemption would be available meaning you would pay €40,000 + VRT.

If the car cost €50,000 a €5,000 grant and no VRT exemption would be available meaning you would pay €45,000.

VRT is at 7% for an EV so on a €45,000 car the VRT payable would be €3,150. At €45,000 you would be entitled to a VRT exemption of €2,500 so you would pay VRT of €650.

I could be wrong on these figures but I think I'm right in the calculations.

Thanks for that. That's makes sense. Suppose I'm just annoyed that I have to pay 7k more for a car I was quoted 41k for in January. That's the way of life I suppose.

You could always walk away. The eMegane might be an option to consider and will probably start in the high 30s.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭OO7FITZY

e-niro at €40-42k is a good price and value for money

if they now want €48k then I would walk away and/or wait for an alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

I'm thinking of walking away from Kia at this stage. My last 3 cars were Kia, and I've always said I'd stick with them. But €48K for an upgrade to a car I paid €40k a year ago is crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,987 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Problem is that the electric version is top spec only, alot of people probably would go for bog standard if given the choice.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

There may be a gamble here by Kia Ireland that they know they've only access to a limited number of cars for the foreseeable, and if they feel they'll sell out that number in the high spec then of course they'll go for it to maximise their profit - presumably they'll make more per unit off this than off a more modest spec, after all, and there's not much point in pricing to appeal to a demand that they can't meet if they can sell out to a lower, but more lucrative, audience.

Out of curiosity, what is the battery warranty with the Kia Niro EV? i know the Kia warranty is 7 years, but the battery, anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Advertisement