Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build - Please suggest - If the first and last snag anything to worry about?

Options
  • 01-07-2022 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

So did my third snag and found issues reported during first snags still open. Did not arrange for 3rd time

Gap between Door Frame and Wall. All they did is to paint it to the colour of wall. Now saying cannot do anything further.

Mod Note: Photos removed at request of OP.

Post edited by DOCARCH on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,052 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sorry to be brutally honest here but if i were snagging that I wouldnt even consider mentioning those things in my report.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

Appreciate your views. However, if you are suggesting to ignore all, perhaps I would disagree. Main worry was gap of border to wall, paint is not a concern.

I'm not sure about others snags, but having a Ensuite door with borders of different colour, than room walls, is bit unacceptable in half a million new build.

Honest response as you suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Weird black thing is most likely a plastic Beeding to stop water entering.

I used clear on mine.

Your gap between the door surround and wall not the frame was most likely caulked and painted, I'd ask for it to be redone looks rough in photo if done correctly you never know about the gap and that a cheap fix for the builder.

Door to living room balcony request a new seal it definitely looks damaged.

Can't really see what's wrong in the other photos to be honest.

But I agree with the op ,doesn't matter how much money something costs if new you expect to receive the goods in pristine condition.

Thanks for valuable comments.

1. Glad to know Breakfast counter black thing is a sealant. Kind of an eye sore. Was fitted well in other houses though. Will ignore.
    2. If the door surround and wall picture is just a paint issue, will request for correction. Glad to know there are no structural issues with Door.

Appreciate your help. Have a good weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭C. Eastwood

One of the most important items to check for a Snag List is Scratched Glass in windows and doors.

Request the Builder to clean all of the Glass. Then on a bright day with no rain, check every inch of the glass, first from outside and then from inside. Take your time

Have a note book and sketch each window and mark the scratches on the sketch.

The builder must replace every damaged pane of glass.

• Advertisement

Thanks, this was not checked during either of the snag. Hope they delivery home with clean windows, can check at the time of delivery.

You need to get the windows cleaned, and inspected, before you do the final Snag List. You are entitled to add more items to the Shag List.

When you take occupation of the house, if you point out any scratches on the glass, to the builders - they will tell you that they were perfect when you were given possession. You will have no defence to that.

Glad you highlighted. Now they are saying was it agreed to check glass at the time of handover? lol

I would not accept that.

I have never heard of that Porkie.

The Purchaser / Construction Professional should produce a Snag List/s. The Builders complete all of the Items an the Snag List before the Purchaser takes possession of the house.

This must also include replacing all scratched/ damaged glazed units.

Otherwise the Builders will need to carry out works in the occupied home, which means that the house becomes a building site again. Therefore, in accordance with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013, the Occupants May need to vacate the house while the building works are carried out.

The Snag List and all the Items on same should be completed before the purchaser takes possession.

Discuss with your Solicitor.

Advertisement