Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seamus92

@Keeffey69 I got the same email yesterday. I could only pick Waterford city though because I don't have my own means of transport. Does anyone know if there's much of a demand for Waterford city?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Westmeath must be on a bit of a break, I was told they were on 135 two weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Up to 47 in Tipperary for interview for anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

Same here. When positions become available for your area of choice they will do interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JayIre

What happens after the interview stage. Are you put on a panel? Someone I know was called for interview with the Council and placed 64 on a panal afterwards. 64 seems way down the pecking order after an interview or maybe I'm completely wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

Once you complete and pass the interview you are placed on the panel and when a position becomes available for you, you will be sent for clearance (garda vetting, submitting references/proof of ID, etc). I believe your OOM doesn't change from assessment stage, although a colleague of mine jumped 8 places - most likely due to candidates failing the interview, their county choice, declining a position....

I'm not sure if the procedure has changed due to covid restrictions but the county councils run psychometric testing en masse and form a panel from that. When I did the tests a few year ago they were run over 2 days with many time slots during the day. Huge volume of applicants. Depending on the county, 64 may be a great number - just look back at numbers above for this panel - Dublin is already circa 1200, Westmeath 156, Offaly 75 and there is another 6 months or so left on this panel.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 32 poltort2

You do not receive a brand new OOM after the interview. If you pass the interview, you keep your place on the panel. At least that's how it's done for co in civil service campaign, not sure about council though

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sinkadinka

Anyone know if Wicklow is calling for interviews- I got 82 on oom. They did contact me about an expression of interest in Blessington which unfortunately wasn’t an option for me. I then got an email yesterday asking me to no my preferred location in order of preference. I’m just curious to see if I’ve wiped myself out by not going for Blessington.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Enright3197

Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help me. How long were you waiting roughly from sending off your location preference form to receiving an interview date? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭garryowenman

Does anyone know what numbers they are at with Limerick & Clare at the moment? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Jane2021

Does anyone know what OOM Cork is at? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Benelson

To date, we have called up to order of merit 31 for Co. Clare and 74 for Co. Limerick.

I received the above reply today

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ScubaSteve254

Hey everyone. I'm getting the "Online Psychometric assessments" tomorrow in my emails. What should I expect from the three below and what would be the best method to practice for them cause I have a week to do them? Thanks.

1. Inductive Logical Reasoning – 8 minutes.
    2. Verbal Reasoning (admin compact) – 9 minutes.
    3. Numerical Reasoning (admin compact) – 9 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Emmah82

Hi , any idea what OOM is being called in Dublin for clearance currently. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

@Emmah82 Hi, I'm 1075 and started Garda vetting process 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hi is this for the HSE? If so on the email you got last week there is a link to click on which will bring you to a page that will give you examples. There is a separate thread on here for the HSE if you have a look NRS12255

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ScubaSteve254

Ya its for the HSE. Those examples will basically sort me practice wise? If you or anyone else have any others tips beyond that, it'll be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 poltort2

If you Google public jobs practice assessment test it will bring you to a page that will let you practice numerical and verbal comprehension tests, not sure about inductive logical reasoning but there are plenty of practice tests online, I'm sure you can find something suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lisaod

Hi everyone,

I got an email about location preference but I can’t open the link to apply for it. Can anyone suggest something as it needs to be completed by tomorrow and I’ve also emailed them regarding this problem.

Thank you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

Check to make sure you don't have Public Jobs open on your phone/tablet/etc. If no joy with that, try opening an incognito window.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Seaclain

This happened me also, I had two windows open in public jobs, when I closed one it worked fine.

Hope this helps 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cdoran

I'm 1324, hopefully we will hear soon. Let me know if hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Maybe email them your location preference, just to have it in on time? You could mention technical problems in the email

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭mitsuko045

I got these too. But considering another poster said they were on OOM 31 for Clare and I'm 117, I'm not going to read too much into it. Holding out my first choice of Galway will come through though...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭bunawillanlad

Can you not search in these treads anymore?

Any word on the Donegal Panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

Hi everyone,

Has anyone started in Revenue recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bandyboo

I have just been assigned to Revenue and they want me to start in 4 weeks from them making the offer. By my calculations that is a start date on 1st August which is a Bank Holiday. If that is the case will I get paid for the bank holiday. I do not think I will but really do not know. If anyone can advise I would greatly appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

You'll start on the Tuesday after the bank holiday, rather than being considered to start on the Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bandyboo

Thanks for the reply. Was thinking that might be the case. On a positive note I will have a short week to get settled in. I am really looking forward to it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Is it true that everyone starting in revenue has to sit regular exams

Advertisement