Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,776 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I came across these yesterday has anyone listened to the Marvel Wastelanders drama pods with all star cast of voices set in the Old Man Logan Universe.

Marvel's Wastelanders: Star-Lord 

Marvel's Wastelanders: Hawkeye

Marvel's Wastelanders: Black Widow

Marvel's Wastelanders: Wolverine

Future series..

Marvel's Wastelanders: Doom

Feige said today that Phase 4 is nearly over and hinted it will finish with the Secert Wars series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,189 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Might give them a listen. I just finished "Marvel's Squirrel Girl: The Unbeatable Radio Show" which was a stupid fun listen and continues on from her last solo comic. Some fun celebrity cameos.

Rumours starting to fly around that Gillian Anderson has joined the MCU in a major role.

Moira MacTaggert seems to be the role that is being speculated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Moira MacTaggert is a very interesting character, especially with what has been revealed in the comics in recent years with Krakoa

• Advertisement

Dr. Doom! is happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,905 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The current theory ever since the Krakoa era of comics started is that that will be key to mutants appearing in the MCU.

If Moira is actually getting cast this early it boosts that idea considerably!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I mean .. like when is it not time to have a Dr Doom thread? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Gender swapped Doom just for the giggles over the reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Taron Egerton confirms he has met with Kevin Feige and that he’d love to play Wolverine if given the chance

“I’d be excited but I’d be apprehensive as well, because Hugh is so associated with the role…”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I like Egerton, watched kingsman again other night, it’s so good.. Good look to anybody following Jackman, I don’t see Egerton as a wolverine but he’s a good actor so why not.

Jackman brought such a gravitas, aggression and equally vulnerable quality to the role that won’t be easy to match. This seems like trying to replace Reeves as superman, will be very hard to find somebody who can bring so much to the role. Also, I wonder will Everton beef up for the role. The physical change in Jackman from X men 1 to Wolverine is massive. Egerton better start adding lots of protein to his diet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given the Multiverse is all systems go, with the return of Raimi villains in No Way Home, and fan service casting in Dr Strange 2... seems like Dougray Scott might reasonably expect a phone call to finally play Wolverine lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Having seen the trailer for Black Bird on Apple TV, I believe he could definitely pull off the silent burliness required.

I could see two other Aussie could play the role myself Joel Edgerton & Sam Worthingham the only issue there really is their age both are in the their mid to late 40's.

I would imagine Disney would want someone in the early 30's to take the role so they can get 10/15 years out of them in the role.

Don't they usually try and keep casting secret until they can announce it themselves, like at a SDCC or something? Surprised he didn't have to sign an NDA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

AFAIR Taron has been very vocal about wanting the role maybe too vocal so going with an unknown newbie ( like Hugh was outside of Australia ) is best imho, whomever has tough shoes to fill as Hugh was amazing in the role

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I agree in spirit out of respect for Jackman, but the good thing about the genre is that portrayals are malleable....as there are so many different interpretations in the actual comics in the first place. That's what lends to multiple great portrayals of Batman for example. Bale, Pattinson and Keaton are proof of that (silent nod to Affleck also).

The problem with Wolverine is that this is the first time the idea of being rebooted is being faced, but if the execution and actor are right it can be absolutely be done. Whether it's Taron Egerton, Daniel Radcliffe or an unknown it doesn't really matter as long as they get the overall pitch right.

Tough act to follow though, I'd throw Professor X and Magneto in there too. The eventual Doom actor will have it handy in comparison.

First art work images of Black Panther 2 have been put online and the villain appears to be ......

Attuma and Namor is also appears to be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Is Taron hairy enough is what I'm thinking!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I couldn't see Radcliffe tying himself into another franchise; not that I think he found Harry Potter tortuous - not that I know of - but bar the odd villainous role in movies like The Lost City he seems to have moved on from blockbusters, keen to take on smaller roles. Can't see that including MCU Wolverine.

The X-Men casting is a very tough needle to thread; the movies themselves might have swung wildly in quality but Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman are long shadows, always improving even the poorer films, both actors having effectively ringfenced their respective roles as "theirs".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I'd love to see the classic wolverine costume used in the MCU rebooted version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

More than that, looks like Jessica Jones also figures;

Sources say Echo will include a plotline in which Daredevil, whose alter ego is blind attorney Matt Murdoch, is searching out a former ally. Podcast The Weekly Planet has reported that ally is Jessica Jones

I'm going to go ahead and guess this won't be the Netflix Jones, what with the whole sexual trauma thing ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,197 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well, like with Hawkeye it's not impossible that the events of The Defenders Saga happened it just won't be brought up. There's a lot of clues that this is still our Kingpin for example, same cufflinks, Vincent doesn't talk like Fisk naturally so his voice and mannerisms match that of his Netflix portrayal, the limp could have been acquired from the events of Season 3 of Daredevil. It's up to you, not them to fill in the gaps however you want to.

The toning down worries me tbh. I just don't see them working very well as more sanitised. Imho, wouldn't be a bad idea for Marvel to establish a max style label. That could easily incorporate everything from Deadpool to Punisher etc. Plus there is a large market for it.

Oh for sure, it's only that her arc was the most tied to personal trauma, and a pretty adult form at that, while the character's personal life was a Trainwreck.

I can just about accept Murdock's fisticuffs becoming more PG13, but harder to sand off Kirsten Ritter's edges without losing some of the individuality and impact of the show. Assuming Ritter is the one cast mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,197 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well, I tend to point towards Falcon and The Winter Solider as to how dark Disney+ is willing to go. And that had Cap's shield dripping in blood. Recently we had heavily implied child abuse in Moonknight. Pretty dark themes.

I think you can go dark, just not as often.

Full video from the Disney Wish Cruise. Avengers - Quantum Encounter

Set after the Ms Marvel series, as I'm sure you'll realise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Cotts72

My main gripe at the moment is that none of the movies/shows seem to give us an insight into where we are going bar LOki

Previous phases always had a fury appearance or thanos on the throne etc

Advertisement