Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

There's a Tudor white dial chrono going for 3900 on TZ-UK. I'm pretty surprised it hasn't been snapped up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm not so surprised Eoin. I've noticed since the new years that beyond really cheap stuff sales on a few forums have fallen off a cliff. In the vintage world it's incredibly stagnant with sellers bumping and bumping threads with ever increasing price cuts and bugger all actual sales.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yeah, fair point. I expect a softening is well overdue, though with this model I thought there was a list, so was surprised to see one below RRP sitting there for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,436 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Depends really, Wibbs. Tudor ain't Rolex in terms of desirability. I haven't been on TZ for a few weeks (now there was a first) but just did a quick non-scientific survey and Rolex for reasonable money are selling well.

But no, not a pre ceramic Kermit for £22k or a Z-blue Milguauss for £12k. Or an Air King at £8.5k or a steel black Daytona for £39k. Maybe a few of these sold at these prices at the top of the boom, but none are that desirable and they were way overpriced at that.

But a no date sub sold for £11k quickly after the seller dropped the price from £12k. And a 36mm Explorer I sold immediately for £6.7k. So did a £12k sub date (probably sold for around £11.5k). All these still way, way, way over retail, i.e a no date sub lists at £6.3k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Unless it’s a cheap priced Rolex or something for a couple of hundred quid it always seems to sit on TZ sales corner.I think a lot of sellers have been trying to convince themselves that the Tudor market can be the same as Rolex but I can’t see it ever happening.

The Tudor panda that’s up there is £3900 , they are only £4200 new so not exactly a steal despite what the chrono 24 prices would have you believe. If you go on a wait list for a Tudor you will get it within 12-18 months or a hell of lot quicker depending on the model ,it’s not like Rolex where a 12 month wait list means don’t call us , we’ll call you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭banie01

It's 32deg whilst I wallow in the shade with a nice anejo and coke, by the lazy river that I'm too lazy to plink myself in 😉 I haven't seen my son and his mate in 2 days 😮 We are meeting them tonight for Hibachi dinner and may even have a drink with them afterwards if they're lucky 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I've been wearing this a lot since I got it. I ordered the last of the parts it needs this morning. A sapphire crystal with edge bevel, the gaskets have arrived, ball and spring also ordered. I'm going to keep the bezel insert as is, marks and all. So it should be off for a service in a week or two.

On the wrist today is my trusty Sinn U2-W. The weather is gorgeous but, I'm avoiding the beach for a day or 4 and enjoying the poolside drinks service.

I still smile when I check the time on this one. Noone but me ever knows but the 069/150 serial is fuel for my childish mirth 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭893bet

**** I would kill for a beach holiday.

• Advertisement

What's stopping you? Sell the Patek and it will pay for a very fine family holiday in Dubai 😎

Honestly,I didn't realize how much we actually needed one until we hit the 2nd day. The food is wonderful, the weather is great and we are spending real quality time together whilst eating about 5000Kcal each a day 😂

I'll have to put serious effort into dropping some Kg's when I get home at this rate. I had a fillet steak here a couple of nights ago that was one of the nicest cuts of beef I've ever sampled. And I'll be following that up before we get with a Kobe ribeye😮 and if the Mrs will let me? A chateaubriand too.

I think the strain of the last couple of years of the pandemic have left most of the country in need of a genuine break or therapy 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Those Sinn U2 are a quality looking watch. Love the clarity of the black hands on white dial. Enjoy the holiday daytime drinking!

The older I get the more Im realising the importance of holidays and travelling . I’m a hell of a lot more productive in the weeks before and after the holiday as well..

Forgot to try this until this morning and it worked a treat so cheers for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

No worries very very hard to actually scratch ceramic it’s normally a material transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭covey123

Surfa pool-side in France being put to good use timing how long my daughter can hold her breath....beat me by 5 seconds of course

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Small typo on dial, should say Casio and Automatic.

(Nh36a)

Still not sure about the size of this ,probably should of got the 41mm instead. I blame watching bark and jack for my mistake in convincing myself the 58 was the perfect size

• Registered Users Posts: 5,626 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I don't think a bigger version would look better. I think thats just about right or even at the upper end of what will suit your wrist. But I don't like big watches full stop, so maybe just personal taste of mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

No watch pic today 😉 as I'm still a bit shaky after going down this yoke a couple of times. 30mtrs high, twisty as fúck and when you arch your back and get onto your shoulders and heels?

Well... The last few MTRS of straight before you hit the water leave you a little disoriented 😂😂 I didn't scream once tho 😁

Wspent the day at Xel-ha, a lovely eco-friendly snorkel and wildlife park. We have Josh and a mate of his with us on holiday and I'm ashamed at how strait laced they are 😂 they wouldn't go down the water slide but have done the lazy river twice 🤷‍♂️

We went to the coastal view to see if we could spot Ireland, no joy 😞 but I can see Cozumel from the hotel beach 😁 so it compensates a little 😂

I’m not sure about the size .Photos below of the 41mm gmt , 39mm BB and 41mm sub, my wrist is 7”.The sub seems to fit perfect and the Tudor seem either too big or too small.The gmt might be too thick , I’m going to see if I can try on a 41mm BB heritage for comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

We have similar wrists and I absolutely love the 58. It’s the perfect proportion to me. I remember coming from a Sinn 104 as a daily driver the Tudor felt tiny but I’d say give it a couple of weeks as your only watch and you won’t look back. 39x47 is Goldilocks for me with the 20/16mm bracelet taper.

Its all about what you’re used to. if it doesn’t work then shift it. Nothing lost. All part of the watch journey.

In your first pic the BB looked fine to me, but comparing with the 41mm sub, the new sub is just perfect for you. BB is fine definitely not too small, but the GMT too big in that pic anyway. Just my humble though.

I’d agree with you that the sub is perfect.In the way that the 58 feels a tiny bit too small , the gmt feels a tiny bit too big. Think I’ll wear my panerai for a few days , all the other watches will feel tiny then

The sub 41 is a really well proportioned watch that wears much bigger than the old one. A bluesy is #1 on my dream list. It does look small on me (compared to that 44mm beast of a JC or the 47mm MM LOL) but I'd say I would get used to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Really liking the ceramic seamaster.

Made it into ultrajewels in Play Del Carmen today they are an AD for quite a large range of brands.

Unfortunately no photography allowed in store 😕 so the storefront is all I got there really. No Rolex apart from exhibition pieces but I tried a couple of B&R, some Pam's and a longine heritage diver which was v.nice and the aged lume gave it quite a vintage Seamaster vibe.

What caught my eye tho was the Omega Worldtimer, lovely dial albeit a bit busy IMO but very nice watch probably manage to get one cheaper here tho, even with Mexican Tax refunded.

Also passed an Invicta store, and found out they are licensees of Disney/Marvel/DC 😮 a huge range of giant watches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Really like this picture of my ugly watch co 100m sport

Advertisement