Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,778 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would be fun to see a WWE woman call him out. I'm sure plenty of them are thinking it and it's not like WWE can be seen to punish them if they did.

Would be a good way to get over too. Well, maybe not. It is America. They'd probably be a tweener.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Funny that you mentioned it, Paige had a go at him last night as well

A few places reporting that joey ryan is now working for disney at one of it parks a man who liked to get his penis out in matches and was forced out of wrestling due to the speaking out movement is now being paid by one of the biggest family friendly companies in the world

And thousands of people cheered in the John Paedo tent in Glastonbury over the weekend. Principles are very malleable for most people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Meh. Joey Ryan is a bum anyways. The whole test of strength with the dick thing was horrible.

Imagine been asked to do that? Like there you are, taking the craft serious and trying to put on a believable performance then you wrestle this guy and have to grab his cock and act like it has the powers of 10 men?

You can piss off joey lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

"Tony Khan gave me a call, wanted me to wrestle, they offered me a pretty good deal, but I just can’t do it anymore.

I wish I could, but it’s just not possible.”

- Kurt Angle

(via NBC Sports Boston)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭ThePott

Fair play to Kurt for having the presence of mind to turn down that offer.

On the other hand, Jesus what was Tony thinking offering a deal, did he not see his last run in WWE? Seems really dodgy to offer him a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I reckon it would have been more along the lines of Sting's run where he's a tag guy for the most part. I hope so anyway - even then I doubt Kurt would survive Sting's bump from the Forbidden Door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Sting, Edge, Christian, Danielson, there's been a fair few expels of guys who were told they couldn't do it anymore and then could, It wouldn't surprise me if Tony made an offer IF Kurt could clear medical, and Kurt's mush brain heard "come in and beat the champion".......... He has been known to exaggerate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Sting is brilliant in his current role.

Some fans might consider Sting among the names of wrestlers on their Mount Rushmore pro wrestling list.

While speaking with The Schmo, the current AEW gave his own list of wrestlers he would put on Mount Rushmore.

This is an opinionated question as people have different answers to the Mount Rushmore question of listing their top 4 all-time wrestlers. Sting named Steve Austin, The Rock, Ric Flair, and Hulk Hogan.

“I’m not going to put myself in there. Obviously, you have to have Hulk Hogan in there, obviously, you have to have Ric Flair in there. I think you’ve got to have The Rock in there. Mount Rushmore, you said right? And Stone Cold [Steve Austin].”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Sting more or less has the right idea I think, hard to dispute his Mount Rushmore. I've seen a bunch of wrestlers naming their Mount Rushmore and a lot of them come across as just biased. For me, the only one I would change is Ric Flair and instead have Andre the Giant, but Flair is a good shout as well.

Disney sacked Joey Ryan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

He did well at Wrestlemania, in fairness to him. They've had a decent run of celebrity wrestlers. Paul, Bad Bunny, McAfee, Knoxville.

Can barely remember what Gronkowski did, if he did anything. Felt like he was shíte.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’m not even being snarky here, that’s the guy who will take the title off Roman.

Is Logan a HHH guy or Vince?

I hope it does not happen

Logan vs. Miz likely though for SS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

As much as I hate to say it, Paul had the charisma and mannerisms down to a T at WM.

It will be interesting to see if he can find longevity out of it.

• Advertisement

Stupid that they never called her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Pinkman

Any word on Stone Cold? Has he done any podcasts or interviews about his comeback at Wrestlemania? He seems very quiet. I wonder will he do another match given how well it went down.

Re: Disney giving Joey Ryan the sack.

It's a weird one. I mean, I ain't no fan of him. Think he is a hack and he got blackballed in wrestling for his actions. Brought it on himself you could say. But was it totally fair he got fired from Disney? It's how he pays the rent and feeds himself.

Say if he now gets a job at Walmart, someone spots it, takes a picture just like before. Should he lose his job at that as well? At what point does cancel culture go too far? Is it not enough until he is a bum on the streets begging for food?

Theory vs. Cena now on hold until WM 39

Everyone is entitled to earn a living, but he has clearly proven he can't be trusted around female coworkers where he has a sniff of power, let him do a Jimmy havoc and become a delivery driver, where he can't be a manipulative prick.

I get what you're saying. But even if he was a driver, would people still want him fired from that?

Sure there was a news story a while ago about some Argos delivery driver grabbing a woman's number off the docket after he delivered something. Gave her a text. Creepy **** you know yourself.

Joey will always be around women. Question is, what is enough? Guess this is just about cancel culture in general.

He'll probably have a bit of hassle for a while but eventually nobody will care. It might be the public that just forget about him or his employer just says "don't care, Joey is keeping his job."

Wrestling fans are a miniscule % of the USA as is. The number of people that know Joey Ryan isn't even worth talking about.

It's not as if he had any mainstream or crossover success/appeal. He's known for his dick spot in community centres.

Wanting him fired and getting him fired are 2 different things, being around women having power are 2 different things.

Joseph Meehan has not been convicted of a crime, he's fully entitled to earn a crust, his behaviour has proven that he should never be trusted in a position of power, especially around women.

• Advertisement

You're absolutely right. When it came out he worked in Disney, I was like people actually noticed? Lol.

Then he got fired. Like really? You'd swear he was a big star or something. Someone tried to get him cancelled and he did.

Yet he got fired either way. As said above you'd swear he was a big star or something.

Ah I dunno. Cancel culture is weird is all I am saying I guess. You think being blackballed out of wrestling would have been enough.

Advertisement