Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I think it’s high beam assist and adaptive cruise control available if you haven’t got them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Have laser lights on the 530e and LED lights on the Tesla.

I find no difference in day to day driving but the 530e also has night vision and with the laser lights, they move to highlight a pedestrian or cyclist at night when they are off center from the car.

I find that feature really good.

How do you find the strength of light emitted and the function of the high beam assist?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Laserlights are a waste of €2k IMO, standard BMW LEDs are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

I find the strength and function really good, it was worth the little extra 💰 I agree with @UhOh the LED’s are brilliant, better than a previous Audi that had Matrix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

I’ve never had laser lights but I’d spec them, the best thing about them I think is the blue accents look fantastic and really set the front of the car off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

It all comes down to how much nighttime driving you do outside cities, if you mostly bumble around town it makes no sense spend the extra. Cool technology all the same

Got a close look at one this week. Initial thought was "gorgous grey colour on that Skoda". Colour was really nice, but the car had a lot of cheap shining plastic. Not for me.

I like the blue accents alright and find the lasers great but I noticed that dealers here or BMW Ireland never spec them on demos which makes me think they add nothing to residual values and aren’t really needed. They are on my order for now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Finally got to collect my car yesterday. Happy so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Looking savage, @PoolDude - well wear!

Getting my own EV BMW in the next half hour or so, but it's nothing like that 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Looks very classy, congratulations and happy motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭v10

I have the Laser lights on my current BMW and had the LED on my previous one and find the difference is very noticeable. It's not so much the brightness but the distance the light travels, the road is lit up much further down the road. You also get the High-Beam Assistant included (worth €180) in the €1850 which is a very good feature. Of course if you don't drive much at night then you won't notice any advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Very interesting range test

M50 on 20 inch wheels

https://youtu.be/WHoTtUNDuNk

honestly have no idea how he got 380km of range at motorway speed on the 20 inch wheels. I was up & down the motorway to Dublin yesterday & again only seeing 320km range keeping it in eco mode & 122km per hour. He had dry roads & 88F outside temp., I had wet roads & 12-16C. Would that make up for the extra 60km?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

So many variables hard to tell, there is 60km difference winter to summer on my Taycan, and my model 3 was about 80-100km better in summer. The tesla in particular lost range like nobody business on the motorway and with any sort of spirited driving, The range tests on the model 3 I have watches bear not resemblance to my experiance of it. Weather plays a huge part but at t, assume altitude and humidity are factors. Bjorne 1000km challenge is a much better test as it combines efficiency with charging speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Yeah I'd echo that on the M3. Winter mileage drops significantly. Summer range is excellent in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭PDVerse

Picking up my eDrive 40 later today, insurance with Liberty was unchanged from my Leaf at €368 which was a nice surprise. Sold my Leaf to the local Nissan garage for 28k, BMW only offered me €19k trade-in back in December when I ordered, which was ridiculous.

I'll be checking out the range on a motorway, the range drop for the 62kw Leaf from 110kph (68.4mph) to 120 kph (74.5mph) was substantial. Most motorway range tests on YouTube are at 70mph, so I expect to match their range at 110kph, but not if I do 120kph.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Bjorn reakons he can get 600km if you keep the speed at 90km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

My SIL picked up her M40 today. She only ordered it a week ago and landed a cancellation.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Saw my 1st one of these in the flesh today, charging beside me.

Stunning car.

What size of battery have they?

That’s amazing. I would have thought that there would have been a queue of orders in front of her that should have been offered a car before her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

In a fair and equitable world yes you’d expect that, but a sales person (him/her/it) will always take the path of least resistance especially if you have a punter there ready to drop approx 70K, the folks on the list will hopefully still be there in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Got call from dealer informing me that will be going into production and will have our i4 edrive40 September / early October.

Items that are been removed from our spec as not available are:

• driver assistant plus from tech pack plus
    • drive recorder from tech pack plus
    • park assistant plus from tech pack plus
    • front passenger lumbar support from comfort pack plus.

2k reduction in price.

^^^ that’s pretty much the whole of the Tech plus pack, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Think so. This is original list on spec.

Driving Assistant Professional

Parking Assistant Plus

Harman/Kardon Surround Sound Audio System

Drive Recorder

Storage for wireless charging

Live Cockpit Professional

Wow, that's a lot being removed .. drive recorder is only software really, it relies on the the 360 cameras so I assume your car won't have them.

Driver assistant plus and park assistant plus also suggests the car won't have the cameras and radar required.

I like tech in my cars and if mine (M50 due August) has that much missing I'll be giving it a miss.

edit, just had a look at configurator ..

Technology Pack is €2,335.30 and Technology Plus Pack is €4,670.70,

You're getting the guts of them removed, is €2000 off a good deal ?

Post edited by v10 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

This is why I went M50 on my replacement order.

I like the tech and lots of stuff removed from the e40.

No notification of impact to M50 yet.

It would really annoy me to have my original e40 replaced with fewer tech extras than the original, hoping for M50 to still have all the bells and whistles I ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

I wouldn't order a car without some of those items.

• Advertisement

Ok hopefully not affecting the M50 so, I have been told comfort access is being removed from my car but I'll believe it when I get a build date.

The problem is they don't know until it goes into build so that could be 9 months or more after you've ordered. At that stage you'd be better off taking it and selling it straight away if you didn't want it, you could likely even make a profit these days !

Advertisement