Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pumphunt - Fuel price search

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭rameire

After you put in your price you needed to press the big green square button that says update prices.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭ThreeGreens

Yes, but it won't let me put in the price! That's the problem. I try and change the price and it ignores what I type. There is no problem submitting the price, but since I can't change it, I'm just submitting the existing price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭rameire

Ah OK. I had the initial issue of not pressing the green button and was wondering why it wasn't updating.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

Is the site acting up?

I’m getting a JavaScript error on loading the map, and I can’t go any farther

Using safari on an iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭rockhead006

• Advertisement

Is there any chance you can send me a screen record/video of when it fails for you.

You can drag down the menu from the top of your phone, and look for Screen Recorder.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Really loving the app, trying to keep fuel prices up to date is challenging at the moment, prices definitely going up again.

Thanks. We need more users using it and updating it.

I think most people still use Pumps.ie, even though it's no longer maintained, and lots of the fuel stations are wrong or missing.

If I had more active users, I spend more time developing pumphunt. But I'll keep it running either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Definitely, please update the prices, even if you just remember to update one after your journey please do it.

I've been trying to add a station that's not on the map, 4 actually, 2 on the M1 Lusk, and 2 near julianstown,all apple green stations. No reply from contact at pumphunt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Not trying to be mean or the usual Irish begrudger here, but I’m not sure how this app will be a success.

I tried it a few months ago and there were no stations at all listed in New Ross, a town of 8,000 people with a hinterland of 3 counties. Am I going to bother adding the 8 or so stations around New Ross for free? No.

I’ve been using Waze. It’s reliable, gives me navigation and alerts, gps speedo. I can log into it with my Google account. I can use it all over Europe to find stations and get prices.

More importantly, it has a lot of users.

With Google maps allowing stations to add their prices and Waze getting more popular, I just don’t think there is space for a dedicated fuel price app.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PumpHunt

You are probably right.

There was a lack in the market when I first made the app/website, as Pumps.ie was no longer being maintained/updated.

And Google was doing nothing for fuel prices (I don't really see many prices on their app now, but this may expand in the future).

I've not got Waze, so don't know how many prices they have updated. But they have a lot more users than PumpHunt, so if users can be bothered to update prices on Waze, then it would be better.

I had a look at New Ross, and there are stations listed, looks to be about 8. I do have to commit more time to user station updates (e.g. new stations, changes, deleting duplicates, etc), but I think it's fairly accurate. The list of stations was gathered from Google Maps initially.

There are some bugs in the app/website. Where if you open the app/website from one location and drive more than 100km away from that location, it will not list any new stations. So you need to close and re-open the app/website for them to show.

Regarding PumpHunt, what does everyone else think? Should I shut it down?

I was going to give it 1 year to test it out (as cheap domain name for 1st year).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

In fairness to you, they are there now. Unfortunately, for me at the time it was enough to stop me using app and use an alternative.

The success of may apps/sites technologies is down to Metcalfe’s Law. In short, the more users something has, the moser useful it will be.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

There are still several stations visible at the same location at Dock Road / Shannon Bridge end in Limerick where only one exists. This was cleaned up months ago, but they seem to have come back

Is there an email for support pumphunt?

You can post on here.

Or there is a Contact Us on the app/website. Just to go the side menu and click the green mail icon.

Or pumphuntapp@gmail.com

I have used the contract us, but never a reply. I tried to add applegreen stations , without success, 2 on the M1 Lusk, north and south,. 2 at julianstown on each side of the road, petrol at 185.8 , diesel at 206.8 all stations.

Ok, I've gone through all the requested new/updated station requests now. Hopefully it it's done the ones you wanted.

I use Google Maps Street view to confirm is a station is actually where someone says it is. As sometimes they are submitted in the middle of no where, or there is already a station there in my app.

I'm thinking of adding a text box onto that page for users to include notes, e.g. "Station is new, not yet on Google Maps Street view". What do you think?

Thanks you have indeed added/updated many stations, but none of the applegreen I've submitted/ mentioned in my post, you'll see them on Google maps.

Great,got the lusk M1 ones now.

• Advertisement

There are 3 Applegreen stations in this area. See image below.

Are these correct? If not, please submit the changes again via the 'Report' link.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

The middle AppleGreen location looks about right...

I know only of 2, the blue one doesn't exist.

I presume they haven't been included in the pumphunt map,as none are shown on the map.

The M1 Lusk north and south stations have disappeared.

Are you sure that one doesn't exist?

Named Applegreen Sarsfield.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Tv3Vr4stboP8rXwV9

As it appears to exist on Google Maps.

No, they are still there.

There is a bug, where if you open PumpHunt, and traffic for over 99km, then no new stations will be shown (outside of the original 99km).

The fix (for now), is to completely close and reopen the app/website.

It's the north one that doesn't exist, by Ballygarth Road

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's a diesel-only station on the old N1 approaching the Airport. Its down as "AS24" but its actually Top.

There's a few diesel-only's around - may be worth having handling for them? There's one on the N15 out of Sligo, also Top - the further North of two Top stations in a row!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That old N1 Top station had the correct name and 'diesel only' in the name today.

Advertisement