Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The "Amn't I great?" section now.

Riffin' over and I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

'I don't like to peddle tat' am I hearing things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Saw this "Karen" on VMN last evening , God bless her , having to sit at home and watch Wimbledon on the Telly, must be a Traumatic experience to go through, watching Wimbledon for two whole weeks on TV

#gofundwimbledonkaren

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Noel Kelly Management.

The management agency of the 'stars'.

You tend to find a lot of fluff pieces in the media about their clients. Usually fed to them by same agency.

Also, radio shows in Ireland presented by NKM talent, tend to have other nkm employees on as 'experts', so the system keeps feeding itself, all while NKM takes 10 or 15% from every hour they are paid for.

And not forgetting that many of these stars aren't paid as employees, but as companies so they can dodge as much tax as possible.

Noel Kelly Media(?) one would presume - as if ya didn't know 🤣

EDIT - Noel Kelly Management sounds more likely ☺️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Joe was there too, seen here with SO'R. Dee Forbes was in attendance too. Even the President was represented by the Head of The Defence Forces.

The notion that people are somehow taking advantage of Charlie by supporting his endeavors is just made up nonsense that only exists in the minds of those who peddle it.

I've often thought The Irish Independent should be renamed the NKM Rag , there's literally not a day goes by when they have a fluff piece about one of their Clients , many are brazen attempts to sell clients wares, latest show or hair brained business venture that proport to be a news item/article but are nothing more than promotional claptrap.

The Indo is not even subtle about it any more.

• Advertisement

Tubs completely hijacked Charlie's climb for personal gain, placing himself front and center in what seemed like every shot taken on the day (with trademark pointing too) and making a story in itself of his taking a helicopter to and from the event.

He also recently did something similar with his visit to a sick child in Co. Galway, publicizing it on his personal Instagram and mentioning it on his show - a truer, kinder friend wouldn't feel the need to put insert themselves into the story or vicariously seek praise by inserting themselves into another person's difficulties.

All of these things are carefully designed to craft the persona of the man/the brand - Captain Kindness, the Toy Man etc. Pure poppycock the lot of it. The hilarious part is you think I'm cynical; imagine how cynical you'd have to be to live a double life like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Question:

Why were Baz Asshat, Karl Henry (with rucksack), Dermot Bannon et al on the Late Late Show the moment this climb was announced??

Answer 1:

They all love Charlie Bird and wanted to support him on the climb.

OR

Answer 2:

They (along with Noel Kellys prize pig, Tubridy) are all stooges for NKM and used the climb as a means of self promoting themselves......

Heres a Clue....it sure as shìt isn't Answer 1.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

I actually thought Charlie hadn't a clue who Bazz or Karl where and he had a vague idea who the Bannon fella is 😏

Funny quick story, a local person I'd know reasonably well, retired lady had her house featured on the Bannons show , must be 6 years ago now, maybe more. A real lady, works in the local parish, meals on wheels, neighbourhood watch etc.

To this day a mere mention of Bannons name and she's curses like a sailor 🤣🤣 husband of near 40 years considered divorce when he saw the final bill 🤣

The money goes up the hill, the sh|t rolls down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

I caught this on morning Ireland. She tried to rebook her flight. But the flight was for the next day. Meaning she lost out on two days of tennis and possibly Hamilton. But I did wonder why she didn't just get the ferry once she found out she couldn't fly until tomorrow. A sail and rail ticket is about 40 quid per person.

I don't know how much Wimbledon tickets are. But Hamilton tickets can cost up to £200 each. So that's £400, say £250 a night for the hotel. That's a grand. Say €50 a flight each way, that's €200. Then say £40 each for the Gatwick express.

Oh and taxis and carpark(?) Hmm let's say it's a taxi and it's 500 quid.

So excluding Wimbledon tickets that's about £2100.

Its a lot or money and pretty ****. But no need for the hyperbole. I can see her going home telling her friends about being interviewed by RTE and ending the story with "then everyone in the airport went silent and clapped".

Flights getting canceled is a problem but someone spouting this sort of historonic bollocks on the radio does nothing for anyone.

I got a sense this wan would consider a ferry to be Vulgar and beneath her 😏

What about HDS? Hitler derangement syndrome! We all have that? I hope that we don't have too many right wing nuts here. It would really make me question any criticisms of Ryan all the more. To think that someone who claims the US election was stolen, is in any position to criticise RTE is laughable.

What on earth are you talking about?

I don't think anyone on here claimed the US Election was stolen, but feel free to prove me wrong.

I just watched it. Sh1t situation. She got notice at 4:30 the day before. She had tickets for Wimbledon yesterday and hospitality tickets for court number one today.

Are Lingus let her down. But she can't blame them for everything the ferry was an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭hawley

"The Late Late Show is quite a thing. New York is hilarious, I’ve been to New York and down in the subways, and had ‘what are you doing here Tubs’ and yeah it’s everywhere.”

Also has an abridged account of all his humanitarian work. He has endlessly promoted his trip to Galway. He's a sick individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

I felt I was shedding a tear for a brief momentwhen listening to her sob story, but thankfully it was just a bit of dust got into my eye 😉

Those who follow da Liveline thread will be familiar with Anne From Cannes 😉

Oh come on, Trump derangement syndrome???? Who actually says that? Is Ryan deranged for thinking Trump is mad?

And you still haven't told me what's so bad about Duffy. It was a simple question for Christ's sake what are you afraid of?

Ok, point by point:

Trump - again, no-one said the election was stolen from him.

You do realize you can dislike everything about the man and what he stands for AND STILL be able to criticize RTE for their biased coverage of anything to do with him? These are not mutually exclusive opinions. RTE are supposed to be an impartial broadcaster. For all matters Trump/Republic they most certainly are not. Contrast this with the absolute fawning coverage of Biden, Clinton, JFK etc. My criticism is that they're not behaving impartially.

Afraid? Lol, good one Bríd. Why not read one of my thousands of posts about Joe Duffy in the various Liveline Threads and see how "afraid" I am to voice my opinion on him. 🙄

If you really need an explanation as to why "Duffy is so bad" then I really don't know what to say to you, because it's glaringly obvious. Just listen back to last Friday 24th June's Funny Friday show and if that's not evidence enough for you....well, that's on you.

BTW, I hope you're getting paid for all this campaigning on behalf of NK Management?

One assumes you mean Bias 😁 and of course I completely agree with your sentiments. I was tempted to disect the horrendous, Bullying, cretinous, opiniated, flatulent, buffoon Duffy is but frankly if it needs to be explained, why bother.

Indeed but then she would be onto liveine on Monday moaning she didn't have a window seat or there wasn't adequate number of in flight staff to wipe her bottom 😉

Well that would be on her then, given she used to be City Jets HR manager.

• Advertisement

I didn't realise that, now I get the bitterness and crocodile tears.

• Before my late friend Brendan McLaughlin had his lung transplant Daniel O’Donnell called to his house to give a little boost to his morale, along with Fr Brian Darcy. There was zero publicity sought, it wasn’t mentioned in the media. That’s the way people with sone ordinary common decency conduct themselves and make it about the person visited.

• You will send NKM into overdrive, cawlur, and the staff just don’t have that much time to do “research” over postings to respond coherently and please Squire Kelly. It’s the weekend too, the Squire ain’t paying overtime I’m guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

My brother is father to what was a critically ill “premmy”-a little boy born extremely early who is now a thoughtful happy and healthy lad.

As such he spent a lot of time in the first few months of his life in CUH and in Crumlin, and was anointed at least twice.

During that time the facility he was in, and the young fella himself were visited, quietly and discreetly, by at least half a dozen well respected and high profile celebrities (National and international) and personalities. Some on Christmas Day, and with families of their own.

As he has grown up, a couple of the people he met, who I won’t name-but whom are way more famous than CancerMan, have even been kind enough to meet again for photographs. No hassle. No fuss. Just to brighten the day of some ordinary folk who had a very difficult time on their hands and came out the other side.

This prick and his carry on disgust me. There’s something very very wrong with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

(Edit: This POS site lost the quote-I was replying to ButterSuki).

I’ve tried to express that view a few times on various platforms and been decried as a result by idiots who can’t read and communicate, as being a raving Trump supporter.

I’m not, but knuckle draggers like them, who facilitate and enable biased media and the arrogant supposition that their side is entitled to govern are the reason he got elected in the first place, and why the likes of Brexit happened.

Impartial and measured commentary in our media and in our (respective) national conversations, is in most cases, lost forever. And that’s a tremendous shame.

Well Said, Folks would be amazed at the Kindness and support shown by many famous people whose class and Grace doesn't require the vulgar and crass publicity that Tubs feeds on.

In my previous life I witnessed extraordinary generosity by very well know people, vilified in social media who've not only donated generously but anonymously and went to extraordinary lengths and indeed distances to visit a sick of Dying fan or person who's story touched them.

Tubs is not alone when it comes to virtue signalling and seeking attention for his alledged good deeds, he's just particularly vomit enducing, crass and Vulgar and utterly shameless whose motivations are very obvious and it's frankly disgusting.

Basic Decency, compassion and support doesn't require a media circus, fluffy article's in rags, Tik Tok posts or Instagram updates.

• Advertisement

Great story and delighted the situation turned out positive 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Cityjet stopped doing services into London City about three years ago. Currently they only operate subcontracted services for SAS, the airline, not the special forces

British Airways fly several times a day to London City - I’m there once a month with work and that’s what I use. She could have gone if she really wanted but I suspect part of her was loving the drama and attention.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Louis Copeland has knocked up a subtle little number for tomorrow's show.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement

I wonder is there a size that might fit Joe Duffy , Cawlur 😁

There’s not enough material in de wurldid for dat.

We have plenty of westbrits in the country...

I would classify tubridy as an 'EastYank'....

He will be in full fellating USA mode tmw....

The Kennedys were a very caring family......John and Bobby shared Marilyn Monroe for example.

JFKs attitude towards woman would allign very much with Tubridys real view of women...there to please him...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Like Clinton in his prime they had a job keeping their trousers on.... Some sort of rare ailment I believe with no known long term cure

I'm sure Monica Lewinsky said Clinton kept is Trousers on 🤔😁

Even JFK for all his womanizing didn’t suggest that women should have check marks on their asses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭hawley

Just came across this recently. Tubz dated Siobhan Russell after he left his wife. She was working in RTE and is now Head of Communications for Fianna Fail. Funny how they keep these grubby little relationships so quiet.

The RTE star, who split from his wife Anne Marie just over a year ago, has been dating beauty Siobhan Russell. Pals said that although it is early days, Ryan is smitten with the 27-year-old who works on The Late Late Show. A friend added: "It's early days for the relationship and Ryan is trying to keep things quiet as he is a very private person.

A very private person? Lol. Fella can't go 5minutes without talking about himself or posting on social media about his latest act of kindness/self-promotion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement